Vegetable season - time for light snack dishes. Fresh eggplants, mayonnaise and garlic - the perfect combination to create a tasty, savory and at the same time unpretentious dish. All dishes from eggplant, regardless of the method of preparation, are considered low-calorie, despite the fact that they are dressed with mayonnaise.
Light dishes of fried or baked eggplants, flavored with mayonnaise dressing with garlic, will complement any side dish. Savory snack cakes or eggplant rolls diversify the daily menu, such dishes will occupy a worthy place on the festive table.
Eggplant snacks with garlic and mayonnaise - general cooking principles
• When purchasing eggplants, pay attention not only to the appearance, but also to the size. The peel of the vegetable should be smooth with a glossy shine. The wrinkled surface suggests that eggplants have been wounded for a long time and their flesh is not dense, but, most likely, “cotton wool”. Large fruits immediately set aside, they can be overripe and contain many seeds.
• Before use, sliced eggplants are recommended to be soaked for at least half an hour in a saturated salt solution. When frying the vegetable actively absorbs the oil, the accumulated moisture helps to weaken this process. In addition, the salt solution draws out characteristic bitterness from the fruit. If you bake them, and not to fry, you just need to sprinkle the pieces with salt and hold for ten minutes. After any of the proposed procedures, the eggplants are washed thoroughly, then gently squeezed to remove excess moisture.
• Fry the vegetable pieces in a small amount of oil, dropping it into the heated fat. Heating should be maximized so that the sides quickly browned. If cooked slowly, eggplants will absorb a lot of oil. When baking, a thin layer of oil is applied on the slices themselves, well lubricated and the roaster. • Mayonnaise. The fat content of the product depends on personal preference. But It is worth noting that, nevertheless, it is better to take low-calorie mayonnaise, especially if the eggplants are not baked, but roasted.
• Prepare dressing from mayonnaise with garlic crushed on a press. She smears eggplants and other vegetables in the formation of cakes or rolls. Often with such dressing fillings that are wrapped in eggplant roll.
• Eggplant snacks with garlic and mayonnaise can be served with any side dish. They are as good as their own cold snack.
Fried eggplants with garlic and mayonnaise
• unripe eggplants - two medium fruits;
• large head of garlic (5-6 teeth);
• 90 ml of refined oil;
• mayonnaise of any fat content.
1. Rinse with cool water eggplant. Remove the stem, cut off and a small piece from the opposite edge.
2. Cut the eggplant into rings close to 0.7 cm wide, put them into a colander, lightly sprinkling each new layer with salt. Leave for a quarter of an hour, setting the colander on the bowl. During this time, the juice will stand out from them, with which the bitterness characteristic of the vegetable will disappear.
3. Carefully wash the eggplants with water and gently squeeze them.
4. Pour oil into the pan, let it warm up well. Alternately we roll eggplants in flour and dip them into hot fat. Fry on both sides until golden.
5. Eggplants quickly pull in fat, so you may need to add oil after each batch. Immediately spread the fried vegetable rings on a paper towel, and after two minutes move them to a bowl.
6. Select in the bowl about five spoons of mayonnaise. Press forcing garlic into it, stir it thoroughly.
7. Fold the cooled vegetable rings gently on a shallow, wide dish. Lubricate the surface of each mayonnaise dressing and put another eggplant ring on top. 8. Put the snack for an hour in the common chamber of the refrigerator.
Eggplants with garlic and mayonnaise - “Rolls with cheese filling”
• one large or two small eggplants;
• sunflower non-aromatic oil;
• 50 ml of rare low fat mayonnaise;
• boiled egg;
• 50 grams of “Dutch” cheese.
1. Eggplants are washed with water and cut into longitudinal plates, 2 mm thick. We put, pouring salt in a bowl, leave for 15 minutes. Then pour it with cool water, rinse it thoroughly, dry it and fold it back into the bowl.
2. Add two spoons of oil to vegetables, mix well. You can apply a thin layer of oil on both sides of each slice with a brush.
3. Over medium heat, heat the dry pan well. Spread eggplants on it and fry until the bottom is browned. Then turn over and lightly fry the other side.
4. As a rule, thin plates become inflexible after frying, and it is impossible to roll them up. Therefore, eggplants need to be cooled under the lid, or placed in a bag, then they will become soft.
5. While the eggplants are cooling down, finely rub the cheese. Add to it the same way chopped boiled egg and garlic (three cloves). Fill the cheese filling with mayonnaise, mixing well, add some salt.
6. On the cooled eggplant plate, on the very edge of the narrower side, put a little cheese filling and roll it roll.
7. Put the rolls on the dish, put them in the refrigerator for impregnation. Serve no earlier than an hour.
Eggplants with garlic and mayonnaise: a simple recipe for a snack cake with tomatoes
• unpeeled eggplants - 700 gr .;
• processed cheese;
• boiled egg;
• five fleshy tomatoes;
• high-quality vegetable oil;
• 150 gr. mayonnaise, preferably 72% fat (“European”).
1. Use narrow, thin knife to cut eggplants of narrow, seven-millimeter thickness, in circles, put in a bowl. Fill with well-salted water, leave in it for about twenty minutes. After that, abundantly wash and squeeze a little. 2. On vegetable oil lightly fry eggplants. Add oil as necessary. Turn and take off when the sides are well-browned.
3. Put the fried vegetable rings on the towel, let them cool down well.
4. In a small bowl on a small grater rub rub melted cheese, boiled egg and two large garlic cloves. Put a little mayonnaise, mix all the ingredients well.
5. At the bottom of the flat plate gently lay out the cooled eggplant. We coat them well with mayonnaise dressing and place thin tomato plates on top. Lay the eggplants on the tomato layer and coat them with mayonnaise sauce too. Repeat layers.
6. For registration of vegetable cake, you can use finely chopped dill.
Eggplant snack with garlic and mayonnaise - “Sandwich”
• small eggplant;
• five leaves of fresh mint;
• “Kostroma” cheese - 40 gr .;
• three large cloves of garlic;
• three spoons of fatty mayonnaise;
• Five fresh sheets of red basil.
1. On the surface of eggplant make several longitudinal deep cuts. Put it in the microwave, and turn it on at full capacity. Bake for 10 minutes, cool.
2. Remove the peel from the vegetable, cut the flesh into small cubes and place in a bowl. Add peeled garlic cloves, dried mint leaves and basil. Here, we grind up the cheese and cut everything into a pasty mass.
3. Slightly add some eggplant snack and fill it with mayonnaise to your liking.
Georgian Eggplants with Garlic and Mayonnaise - “Nut Rolls”
• large eggplant;
• Frozen butter - 2 tbsp. l .;
• incomplete glass of walnut kernels;
• fresh dill, cilantro - in a small bundle;
• two large cloves of garlic;
• mayonnaise for filling filling;
• pomegranate seeds for decorating the dish.
Cooking Method: 1. Cut the eggplant along on thin plates, put them on a greased chafing dish. We place in the oven, heated to 180 degrees. Cook up to 10 minutes to achieve light browning. Cool
2. Finely chop the nuts and garlic with a knife. Add the chopped dill and cilantro. Mix the nut filling, add some and fill with mayonnaise. You can put everything in the bowl of a blender and smash into a pasty mass.
3. On the edge of the fried strips of eggplant lay out about a teaspoon of the prepared filling and wrap each roll.
4. Carefully lay out the eggplant rolls on a batch dish, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
Baked eggplants with garlic and mayonnaise with a complex filling - “Fan”
• fresh unripe eggplants - 3 pcs .;
• three medium, necessarily fleshy, tomatoes;
• 150 gr. any liquid mayonnaise;
• fresh dill;
• 160 grams of “Russian” cheese.
1. We wash the eggplants washed with water along. Then each half, not reaching the base, is cut into thin plates. Slightly add salt to the eggplants and leave for at least half an hour, placing in a colander. Then wash well and dry with a towel.
2. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, cut into circles. Chop cheese into thin, narrow plates.
3. In a bowl with mayonnaise we press three small cloves of garlic. Add the chopped dill, season with a little salt and stir well.
4. Put the eggplants on a greased baking sheet and lightly dilute their “petals” to the sides, grease on both sides with mayonnaise sauce. In the free space between the plates lay two rings of tomato and a plate of cheese.
5. Place the roaster in the middle level of a well-heated oven. Cook at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Focus on the softness of tomatoes and eggplant.
Eggplant with garlic and mayonnaise
Ingredients: • half a cup of walnut kernels;
• thin, preferably low-calorie, mayonnaise;
• vegetable oil;
• two large eggplant.
1. Without peeling, cut the eggplants into thin longitudinal strips. We drop them for half an hour in a brine, then rinse with running water and carefully wipe with a towel.
2. Fry the strips in vegetable oil until golden brown. Cool, spreading on a paper towel.
3. Blender into a crumb we interrupt nuts. Press it with a press or rub on two fine garlic cloves in a prepared crumb, mix.
4. On cooled eggplants, apply mayonnaise on both sides with a thin layer. Breaded the strips in a nut crumb and gently laid out on a platter.
Tips of cooking eggplant dishes with garlic and mayonnaise - tips
• Do not add a lot of mayonnaise in dishes of fried eggplant. After heat treatment, the vegetable already contains a lot of fat. Try to use low-calorie mayonnaise.
• Before rubbing the processed cheese, place it for a quarter of an hour in the freezer. The cheese will harden and will not be smeared over the grater.
• Pour salt eggplants more conveniently in a colander, which should be installed on a bowl. Moisture containing bitterness will drain through the holes and the lower pieces of vegetable will not absorb it, as it would have happened in a bowl.