Nothing gives a feeling of comfort at home, like the fragrant smell of baking!
If you have never made puff pastry, then try our puff pastry pie recipes with apples.
It differs in that the necessary products are almost always in the kitchen, and the cooking process is easy.
Puff Pastry Apple Pie - General Cooking Principles
Puff pastry cake with apples can be open, closed, and maybe even decorated with various pieces of dough. It all depends on your imagination.
For cooking you will need:
• Puff pastry - it can be cooked on your own, but most women prefer to purchase already frozen dough. It can be yeast or yeast-free.
• Apples - any variety will do. But it is best recommended to use varieties of sweet and sour apples. But if you take solid varieties, they must first be caramelized with sugar and cinnamon. From this they will become softer. If you do not want to use the peel, then cut it off and you will have a soft uniform filling.
Caramelization process: melt butter in a well heated pan, add apples and stir well, fry for about two minutes. Then sprinkle everything with sugar and stir fry for another two minutes. After the apples have cooled, they can be used for their intended purpose.
• Vanilla crackers - you can buy them in specialized stores, and you can substitute crumb buns, dried and ground in a blender or crumb of white bread with added sugar. These ingredients are necessary to absorb excess moisture. Those. they soak up the juice of apples and do not let the dough get too wet.
• Sugar, which is used for cooking, and icing sugar - for its decoration. • Butter.
• Fasting oil.
• Cinnamon - optional.
• Baking powder - necessary for the dough to rise better.
Also for some recipes you will need: bananas, pears, nuts, orange peel, lemon juice, apricot jam.
Recipe 1. A simple recipe for an open puff pie with apples
• puff frozen dough - 1 rectangle .;
• apples - 4 pieces of medium size;
• sugar - 150 grams;
• butter - 30 grams.
Cooking time - 30 minutes.
1. Before starting, you need to slightly defrost the purchased dough.
2. Prepare a baking dish. If it is coated with silicone or Teflon, then sprinkle the bottom with sugar, if not, you can lay down parchment baking paper or oil the surface.
3. Cut the apples into two parts, and cut each part into thin slices. Carefully lay everything on the surface in a thick layer.
4. To make it juicy, spread the butter over the surface and cover it all with dough.
5. Place the baking tray in a well-heated oven at 180 ° C for half an hour.
6. At the end of time, gently turn the contents onto a dish.
7. Serve warm, you can with a scoop of ice cream and a leaf of mint.
Recipe 2. Puff pastry cake with apples
• frozen dough, specially purchased. For this recipe, bezrozhzhevoe fit - 500 grams;
• vanilla crackers, but their substitute is also possible - 40 grams;
• apples of any variety - 1 kg;
• sugar - 100 grams;
Cooking time - 30 minutes.
1. Pre-washed apples cut into small pieces.
2. Divide the puff pastry into larger and smaller pieces. Most of the roll and put in the prepared form, oiled. The edges of the dough in some way even have to stand for the sides.
3. Sprinkle the dough with vanilla crackers.
4. Put all the apples on the dough in a relatively thick layer and sprinkle with sugar. 5. Cover the mold with the second smaller layer of dough and pinch the edges tightly.
6. The oven should be heated to a temperature of 180 degrees, the cake will be cooked for 30 minutes.
Recipe 3. Puff yeast dough pie with apples
• ready-made puff yeast dough (450 grams) - 2 layers. Standardly, such dough is sold in the amount of two plates in a package;
• average apples - 3-4 pieces;
• sugar - 2 tbsp.
Cooking time - 25 minutes.
1. Cut apples into small pieces.
2. We unfreeze the dough, roll it into the layer of the required size.
3. Grease the prepared form with butter. It may even be a frying pan.
4. Put the apples on the dough and sprinkle with sugar on top.
5. Pie can be decorated as a basket. Cut the strips out of dough and lay them in a lattice on the apples. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 20 ° C, and then another 10 minutes at 160 ° C.
Recipe 4. Puff pastry cake with apples from Julia Vysotskaya
• puff pastry (non-yeast) - 250 grams;
• apples sweet and sour green or yellow - 2 large;
• butter - 2 tbsp. L .;
• sugar - 2 tsp;
• cinnamon - 0.5 tsp;
• apricot jam, orange peel. These components can be used separately, or together.
Cooking time - 25 minutes.
1. Thaw the dough.
2. Cut the apples into slices of equal thickness.
3. Lubricate the surface of the prepared form (you can use a pizza form) with butter or sprinkle with semolina.
4. Lay the dough and, if necessary, make the sides.
5. Put the apples and orange zest on the dough very thickly. Sprinkle everything evenly with sugar and cinnamon, and evenly distribute the pieces of butter.
6. Bake in a well heated oven at 200 ° C for 25 minutes on the bottom shelf.
7. Heat the apricot jam to a liquid state and pour the surface of apples on it. The combination of unsweetened dough, sweet and sour apples, orange and sweet jam will give the cake an amazing taste!
Recipe 5. Puff pastry with apples in a slow cooker
• puff pastry ready - 1 layer;
• apple - 2 pieces;
• banana -1 piece;
• pears - 1 piece;
• sugar - 2 tbsp;
• walnuts - 2 tbsp.
Cooking time - 1 hour 20 minutes.
1. Cut apples, bananas and pears into small pieces. In fact, you can use all these fruits or each individually, based on what is in your refrigerator.
2. Mix chopped fruit, nuts and sugar.
3. Divide the thawed dough into 3 parts about 10-12 cm wide and roll into layers.
4. On each layer put a mixture of fruit and wrap flagellum. You can not use a mixture of fruit, and in each layer - a separate fruit.
5. On the greased base of the multicooker, alternately put all flagella in a snail.
6. Top lubricates the yolk.
7. This cake is prepared in the “Baking” mode for 1 hour, then turned over and set for another 20 minutes. By the way, in the oven such a recipe is prepared in 20 minutes.
Recipe 6. Traditional layer cake with apples in a slow cooker
• apples - 8 pcs. In general, the more apples, the better;
• flour - 1 tbsp .;
• sugar - 1 tbsp .;
• powdered sugar - 1 tbsp.
• semolina - 1 tbsp .;
• baking powder - 2 tsp. If you accidentally did not have it, then the soda, extinguished with vinegar, will fully replace it.
Cooking time - 1 hour 10 minutes.
1. Apples to grate on a coarse grater or chopped.
2. Brush the bowl of the multicooker with butter.
3. The dough in this case will be - a mixture of sugar, semolina, flour and baking powder.
4. Next, everything is stacked layers: dough, apples, dough, apples, etc.
5. Sprinkle on top of chilled butter, grated.
6. Set the “Baking” mode and cook 60 minutes, and then another 50 minutes. Pie does not overturn. 7. After the expiration date, remove the pie from the slow cooker and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe 7. Puff cake with apples and raisins without sugar
• puff pastry can be prepared according to this budget recipe: water and vegetable oil - one glass each, flour - 3-4 glasses, a pinch of salt.
• apples - 7-8 pieces.
Cooking time - 45 minutes.
1. Pour vegetable oil into water, add some salt and add flour. Knead dough like dumplings and roll out with a rolling pin in a rectangle. The resulting rectangle must be folded several times four times and re-rolled. At the end of the process, put the dough in a refrigerator for 30 minutes under the freezer.
2. Apples clean and cut into slices.
3. Cut the half from the received amount of dough and roll it into a thin layer.
4. Sprinkle the baking tray with cold water and place the dough on it, which is baked at 240 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Spread apples and raisins on the resulting dough.
6. From the remaining dough, roll out another layer and cover our filling with it.
7. Pierce the dough with a fork and grease with an egg.
8. Put everything in the oven and bake at 240 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe 8. Puff Pastry Pie with Apples and Apricot Jam
• lemon - 1 pc .;
• apples - 3 pcs .;
• egg - 1 pc .;
• apricot jam - 4 tbsp.
• frozen puff pastry - 1 layer.
Cooking time - 20 minutes.
1. In the oven set to warm up the baking sheet at a temperature of 190 degrees.
2. Squeeze lemon juice.
3. Apples are cut into thin slices, put in a bowl, pour lemon juice so as not to darken and add 2 tablespoons. sugar and cinnamon to taste. All mix well.
4. Roll out the dough on a silicone mat. Place a plate with a diameter of 26 cm on the dough and cut off the excess. We take a plate with a smaller diameter of about 23 cm and draw along the edges, without cutting through the dough, i.e. make a mark. 5. Spread our apples in a circle, without going beyond the edges of the mark.
6. Beat the egg with a fork and grease the edges of the sides without touching the apples. We pierce the edges of the dough with a fork so that the dough rises and creates the sides for the cake.
7. Cooking for 15-20 minutes. Top grease apricot jam.
Tricks and tips for making puff pastry pie with apples
1. In order to defrost the dough, sprinkle the table surface with flour and place dough on it. To prevent it from winding down, cover it with a towel or put it in a bag.
2. Do not forget to grease the surface of the baking pan with oil so that the dough lags better.
3. Apples cut into thin slices and small pieces so that they are well baked.
4. In the closed cake, the dough must always be pierced with a fork in several places so that it rises well and does not deform. You can also make small curly cuts.
5. For shine, the top of the dough can be smeared with an egg, and for beauty, sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
6. Nuts before cooking, it is better to fry slightly and slightly ceiling.
7. If you don’t turn the cake in the slow cooker, it will turn out very pale on one side.
8. Cinnamon can be added to any recipe. This will give the dish a unique flavor.