Bolognese - Italian meat sauce made from minced meat and vegetables. The dish is rich, nourishing, usually served to a traditional pasta, which is also called exactly.
But, it is not necessary at all. In fact, the Bolognese also goes well with boiled rice, buckwheat, potato side dishes.
Bolognese sauce at home - general principles of cooking
For the classic bolognese sauce, beef or pork beef is used. But increasingly, you can find recipes with the addition of chicken, lamb, turkey and other types of meat. It is important that it is not very fat. Minced meat is fried with vegetables, cut into small cubes, then the dish is stewed. Vegetables in the cooking process should soften, almost dissolve in the dish.
What else do they put in the bolognese:
• tomatoes, pasta.
Some recipes add milk or cream. In this sauce can also go dry wine. These ingredients are added alternately, each time evaporated, only after that the sauce is seasoned with tomatoes. Tomato paste or juice. The dish is stewed until the vegetables are very soft, and the stuffing is tender, juicy.
In the bolognese, you can add a variety of spices, add garlic to the dish. Bolognese goes well with different greens, but you can restrict yourself to a mixture of dry Italian herbs. Dry or fresh pepper is added to make it hot.
Classic bolognese sauce at home
Cooking a classic bolognese sauce at home will take about 70-80 minutes. There are many ingredients in the recipe, it is important to lay them in a certain sequence.
• 2 bulbs;
• 700 g of pork and ground beef;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 stalks of fresh celery;
• 3 tomatoes (about 500 grams);
• 160 ml of wine;
• 280 ml of milk;
• 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
• 20 g butter;
• 25 ml of vegetable oil;
• grated parmesan, herbs, spices. Cooking
1. Peel the onions, cut into cubes. Put the butter and vegetable in the pan, warm. Add onions, fry for a moment.
2. Peel the carrot into small cubes, add to the pan. We cut the celery in the same way, spread it in a frying pan in a minute, and pass the vegetables until half cooked.
3. Spread mixed minced meat. Fry until it is completely bright.
4. Add milk to the mince. You can use not very fat cow cream. We evaporate all the liquid from the pan.
5. Once all the milk has evaporated, add the wine and also evaporate.
6. We dip tomatoes in boiling water, then sharply cool the tomatoes in cold water, remove the skin, cut the flesh into small cubes.
7. Add the tomatoes to the pan, as soon as all the wine leaves. Now you can prologit bolognese, pepper.
8. After a couple of minutes, add the tomato paste, cover the pan, simmer the sauce for about half an hour.
9. Fill the Bolognese with greens, spread on the paste. Fall asleep with grated parmesan or other hard cheese.
Bolognese sauce at home with tomatoes in its juice
A simplified method of cooking bolognese sauce at home. Tomatoes are used in their own juice, the amount of product with juice is indicated.
• 500 grams of minced meat;
• 600 ml of tomatoes (in own juice);
• 1 onion;
• 30 ml of oil;
• 1 carrot;
• 1 tsp. Provencal herbs;
• 70 ml of wine.
1. Cut the onion and finely chop the cleaned carrots, you can use the grater. Put all this in preheated butter, fry for two minutes.
2. Spread minced vegetables, you can use beef or its mixture with pork.
3. Cooking vegetables with minced meat for about five minutes, pour in wine.
4. Open a jar of tomatoes, chop tomatoes.
5. Once the wine from the pan is completely evaporated, you can add a tomato mixture and immediately throw some Provencal herbs. Stir.
6. If the tomatoes in their juice are not very salty, then the dish should be salted.
7. After boiling, reduce the fire, cover the pan. Cooking bolognese for about 35 minutes on low heat.
Bolognese sauce at home with champignons and chicken
Chicken mince can also be used to prepare an appetizing bolognese at home. But for the brightness of taste it is better to supplement it with something, for example, mushrooms.
• 0.4 kg minced chicken;
• 0.25 kg of champignons;
• 0.1 kg of onions;
• 3 tomatoes;
• 3 tbsp. l oils;
• 1 tsp. tomato paste;
• 50 g white wine;
• 120 ml of cream 10%;
• spices, garlic.
1. Shred the mushrooms, chop the onion into small cubes. All this put in a pan with hot vegetable oil. Fry over high heat for about five minutes.
2. Now add fresh chicken mince, continue to cook bolognese on high heat.
3. As soon as the mince will be bright, pour the dish with cream, stir, reduce the heat to medium level. We are waiting for evaporation of all moisture.
4. Now pour the future sauce with wine, wait a few more minutes.
5. Remove the skin from tomatoes. Finely chop the flesh pulp or just twist the blender to slurry.
6. Fill the tomatoes in the sauce, immediately pepper, salt, you can add Italian herbs. All thoroughly mixed.
7. Cover the pan with minced meat and mushrooms, cook bolognese for about 25 minutes. 2-3 minutes before the end add a small clove of garlic.
Bolognese sauce at home with zucchini and celery
Option bolognese light sauce, which is very easy to prepare, it turns out juicy, tender, but not greasy. You can replace the usual zucchini fresh zucchini.
• 400 g of beef;
• 200 g zucchini;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 celery stalks;
• 1 onion;
• 300 ml twisted tomatoes;
• spices, butter, parmesan, boiled pasta.
1. Cut the onion into small cubes, put on the pan with pre-warmed olive oil, begin to fry.
2. Cut the flesh of the zucchini into small cubes, transfer it to the onions, fry on high heat for several minutes, until all the excess liquid has evaporated.
3. Twist the beef, put in a pan with onions and zucchini. Fry over medium heat until half cooked. 4. Fill vegetables with meat with tomato juice, season with salt, add aromatic Provencal herbs, black and red pepper. Well stir.
5. Cover the pan. Reduce the fire a little, simmer to full readiness. Vegetables should be maximally dissolved in the sauce.
6. At the very end add fresh greens. Spread bolognese on pasta, sprinkle with parmesan.
Bolognese sauce at home with sour cream and tomatoes
The recipe for a tender bolognese sauce. Instead of sour cream you can also use cream of any fat content.
• 450 g of minced meat;
• 100 g onions, carrots, celery;
• 400 g tomatoes;
• 200 g of tomato paste;
• salt, pepper, greens;
• some olive oil.
1. Clean all vegetables, cut into small cubes no more than 0.5 cm.
2. Pour olive oil. We warm up well. We spread the prepared vegetables, fry a couple of minutes.
3. Add the celery next, after a minute you can put the minced meat. Mix thoroughly, cook everything together for five minutes.
4. Remove the skin from the tomatoes, dice the tomatoes, and spread them to the vegetables. Cook the sauce until the tomato pieces are soft. If the moisture is evaporated too quickly, then pour a few tablespoons of water.
5. Salt and pepper sauce, fill with sour cream. Stir well.
6. Cover, simmer on low heat for about a quarter of an hour. We supplement the bolognese with fresh or dried herbs.
Bolognese sauce at home with olives and pepper
Marinated olives are used for this sauce. They can take more than specified in the recipe.
• 0.5 kg minced meat;
• 100 g of olives;
• 100 g onions;
• 300 grams of tomatoes;
• 2 large peppers;
• 120 ml of milk;
• oil, spices.
1. Pour butter into a frying pan, put onion and bell pepper diced, prepare vegetables for Bolognese sauce together for a couple of minutes.
2. Spread minced meat, fry until half cooked.
3. Fill with milk, evaporate for a couple of minutes.
4. Rub the tomatoes, add to the pan, bring to a boil.
5. Throw olives, cut in halves. Shallow is not necessary. 6. Add salt and pepper, mix. Cover the pan, simmer on low heat for about twenty minutes. Done!
Bolognese sauce at home with bacon
The recipe for an appetizing sauce with crispy bacon. You can use a smoked dish, the aroma will be unmatched.
• 80 g bacon;
• 300 g minced meat;
• 100 g onions, carrots;
• 300 g chopped tomatoes;
• 80 g of wine;
• spices, greens;
• a little hot pepper, parmesan.
1. Fry the chopped pieces of bacon until golden brown, take out in a bowl.
2. Put the chopped onion and carrot into the melted fat. Fry until transparent.
3. Fall asleep ground beef. Cooking for another four minutes.
4. Pour in the wine, let it evaporate.
5. Now we fill in all this with crushed tomatoes without skin, pepper and salt, put pepper to taste. Stir, cover.
6. Stew in a lid for twenty minutes.
7. Return the fried bacon pieces to the pan, stir, put the greens. Turn off.
Bolognese sauce at home - tips and tricks
• The taste of minced meat will help improve the spices. In extreme cases, you can add a bouillon cube in the bolognese.
• It is not necessary to cook bolognese too thick. Fans of gravy can add more tomato juice or boiled water during the last stewing of minced meat with vegetables.
• If you need to shorten the cooking time of the bolognese, you can fry the vegetables and minced meat in different pans, then combine all the components of the dish, stew together until cooked.