Lagman is an interesting and unusual dish that can be called both the first and second. In simple terms, lagman is a special noodle, which is filled with fragrant meat and vegetable gravy with spices.
Traditional lagman - a dish that requires special skills and abilities in cooking. There and special noodles, reaching a length of five meters, and using only lamb, and spices, picked up by this type of meat. Today the recipe of this dish became so popular, and, of course, adapted to the tastes and preferences of different nations. And if earlier Lagman was prepared only in large cauldrons, spending a lot of time on frying and languishing, following the cooking process, now with the advent of multicookers, efforts to this stage of preparation are minimized.
Lagman in a Multicooker - General Cooking Principles
Traditionally, lagman is made from noodles, meat, vegetables and a lot of spices.
The classic meat component of gravy or as it is properly called wadji is lamb, but it is permissible to use any other kind of lean and lean meat: beef, veal, pork, poultry. Anyway, there is no vegetarian lagman, meat must be present in the dish.
Also put vegetables in the vaja. Here, too, the scope for imagination is unlimited. Use potatoes, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, onions, carrots, radish. It is permissible to add to taste other vegetables: white cabbage, color, eggplant, zucchini.
Usually, noodles are cooked for the lagman themselves from the most affordable products: eggs, flour and water. But the complexity of cooking noodles is not in the inaccessibility of ingredients, but in the technology itself: the dough is kneaded for a long time and crumpled, after being rolled into the thinnest layers and cut with ropes, which are subsequently pulled by hand. Not everyone will cope with this task, but the way out is simple: you can use ordinary homemade noodles, store-bought noodles for the lagman, and even ordinary pasta to make lagman. For the dish, use any spices to taste, the best solution would be to take special ready-made mixes for Lagman, dry adjika.
They serve the dish, making it of two bases: noodles and waji. In a deep dish or bowl lay out the noodles, pour the gravy on top. The consistency of the gravy is adjusted independently during cooking: if you like the thicker - pour less water, thinner - accordingly, more.
Recipe 1. Laghman in an Uzbek multi-cooker with lamb
Ingredients for noodles:
• kilogram of flour;
• three eggs;
• 300 ml of water;
Ingredients for wadji (gravy):
• one and a half kilogram of mutton;
• five meaty tomatoes;
• two bell peppers;
• five potato tubers;
• two large onions;
• big carrot;
• greens, salt, spices.
1. In a large bowl, drive eggs, add salt. Slightly beat with a fork.
2. Pour water, mix.
3. Add sifted flour in small portions, knead the stiff dough. We put it in the fridge for an hour, put it in a dry clean bowl and covered with polyethylene.
4. In the bowl of the multicooker lay out lamb cut into small cubes. Stir-fry until crispy in “Frying” mode for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Add chopped carrots and onion half rings. We continue to cook in the same mode until softened vegetables.
6. Tomatoes and pepper cut into cubes, put to the meat and fried vegetables. Stir, simmer for five minutes.
7. Pour boiling water. We take quantity of water, proceeding from the flavoring preferences.
8. Switch the multicooker to the “Quenching” mode.
9. As soon as the water begins to boil, add to the waja the peeled and diced potatoes and radishes.
10. Salt the dish, pepper, add spices to taste.
11. Cooking by setting the timer to 1.5 hours. If necessary, during boiling pour boiling water.
12. While preparing the waj, remove the dough from the refrigerator. Roll out, chop noodles.
13. Boil noodles in salted water for 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the product. We calculate the amount of salt in this way: a tablespoon of salt per liter of water. 14. Prepare the prepared noodles in a colander, rinse and lay out in plates. Fill it with hot meat sauce, decorate with chopped greens.
Recipe 2. Laghman in a slow cooker in a quick beef and spaghetti
• 500 grams of beef;
• 500 grams of spaghetti;
• two bulbs;
• two tomatoes;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• 3-4 potato tubers;
• vegetable oil;
• salt, spices (pepper, barberry, zira, oregano).
1. Cut the washed and dried beef into small cubes.
2. Pour three tablespoons of vegetable oil into the multi-cooker bowl, heat it in the “Frying” mode.
3. We spread the prepared meat, fry until golden brown, after pouring two thirds of a cup of boiling water.
4. Switch the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode, cook beef for 40 minutes.
5. While the meat is being cooked, we will deal with all the vegetables: wash them, peel them and cut them into cubes of the same size.
6. As soon as a beep sounds, notifying the end of the work of the multicooker, we again set the “Frying” mode, all liquid should evaporate by that time.
7. Pour another tablespoon of vegetable oil, put onions and carrots to the beef. Fry, stirring for two or three minutes.
8. Add potatoes, radish, peppers and tomatoes. Also put spices and salt. Mix well, pour in water in the desired quantity. Cooking one hour.
9. 10 minutes before the readiness, put chopped garlic in the gravy.
10. We put boiled spaghetti according to the instructions on the package in a plate, pour over with vaja, decorate with greens.
Recipe 3. Lagman in a chicken cooker with eggplants
• a pound of chicken fillet:
• two eggplants;
• pod chili peppers;
• two sweet peppers;
• 3-4 tomatoes;
• 3-4 potatoes;
• a pound of noodles;
• spices, herbs, garlic, salt, vegetable oil;
• A tablespoon of vinegar.
1. Wash, peel, husk and seed all vegetables. Cut them into cubes of medium size. 2. Rinse the chicken fillet, dry it, cut it into cubes of the same size as the vegetables.
3. Pour vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, place the chicken.
4. Turn on the slow cooker to the “Frying” mode, prepare the meat, stirring for 2-3 minutes before the chicken is purchased in white.
5. Add onions and carrots, fry until golden.
6. Put sweet and hot peppers, eggplants, fry all together, stirring for another five minutes.
7. We spread tomatoes to practically ready vegetables, switch the slow cooker to the mode of “Quenching”, stew the dish, mix well, 10 minutes.
8. Add potatoes and all the necessary spices.
9. We pour in steep boiling water in the volume we need, bring the sauce to readiness by setting the timer to 45 minutes.
10. Add vinegar and chopped garlic to the already prepared waja.
11. Boil noodles in salted water, rinsed. We spread in a bowl, pour meat, vegetables and broth. Sprinkle with chopped greens.
Recipe 4. Laghman in a slow cooker in Russian of pork
Ingredients for noodles:
• 200 ml of water;
Ingredients for meat gravy:
• a pound of pork;
• carrots, onions;
• hot and sweet peppers;
• salt, greens, oil.
1. We take vegetables, being guided by the preferences. We wash them, we clear and we cut cubes.
2. If necessary, cut off pork fat, rinse, dry with paper napkins. Cut into chunks of medium size.
3. Put the meat in the oil heated in a multicooker bowl, fry in the appropriate mode for about 15 minutes, not forgetting to stir, so that the pork does not burn.
4. Put onion to the meat, fry until softened.
5. Add all the other vegetables, pour in boiling water to taste, pour in salt and spices.
6. Cooking sauce for the lagman on the “Quenching” mode for one hour and thirty minutes.
7. Knead dough from eggs, water and flour. We remove it for half an hour in the fridge. After we take out, roll out, cut into long and thin noodles. 8. Dry the noodles and boil until ready for three minutes in salted water.
9. Put the noodles on the plate first, after the gravy, sprinkle all the greens on top.
Recipe 5. Unusual lagman in a slow cooker with cabbage
• kilogram of meat (lamb or pork);
• two bows;
• two carrots;
• a pound of white cabbage;
• two potatoes;
• two sweet peppers;
• garlic, herbs, spices, salt, oil for frying;
• 600-700 grams of noodles.
1. Turn on the multicooker in the “Frying” mode, heat the oil in the bowl.
2. Put the meat, cut into pieces, fry until golden.
3. Throw the onion and chopped carrots to the meat. We continue to fry.
4. As soon as onions and carrots soften, put the cubes of potatoes and peppers. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour spices, salt, put chopped cabbage and chopped garlic.
6. Pour in boiling water, switch the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode, set the timer for one hour.
7. We lay out the noodles cooked in a standard way, pour the products with fragrant gravy, decorate with green leaves.
Recipe 6. Laghman in a multicooker in Chinese
• kilogram of pork;
• 600 grams of ramen noodles;
• 30 grams of rendered pork fat;
• 20 grams of sugar;
• 200 ml of soy sauce;
• pinch of cinnamon;
• tablespoon of grated ginger;
• three bell peppers of different colors;
• salt, greens.
1. Cut the washed and dried pork in small pieces.
2. Put the meat in the multicooker bowl, fry lightly on melted fat, then pour over two glasses of water. Cook in “Soup” mode for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the meat, filter the broth.
4. Put ginger, cinnamon and boiled pieces of meat in a washed bowl, pour in broth.
5. We bring to the previous mode until boiling, add sugar, chopped pepper, pour in soy sauce. Stir. 6. Close the multicooker lid, switch the multicooker to “Quenching”, we roast meat and vegetables in spices for three hours.
7. Boil ramen noodles in boiling salted water for five minutes.
8. We lay out the dish in the plates, like an ordinary lagman: first noodles, after the meat sauce. Decorate with greens.
Lagman in the Multivarke - Secrets and Tricks
• Lagman without greens is no longer Lagman. Be sure to use this ingredient, take what you like best: dill, parsley, cilantro, dzhusay, celery. Just keep in mind that chopped greens are placed in a ready-made dish, and not when cooking waji.
• The longer you wear down the waja, the taste of the lagman will be more expressive and smothered. The least time to cook chicken, longer beef.
• To boil for a lagman in a multicooker, the noodles do not stick together before serving, mix the pasta with vegetable oil.
• Whatever noodles you use for cooking lagman: special, store or even spaghetti, make sure that it does not boil soft. Otherwise, instead of a beautiful dish, you will get some kind of porridge.
• If you want to add special spiciness and acid to the dish, add spices, garlic, and chili pepper to the ready-made lagman, after grinding and insisting these ingredients in a small amount of vinegar.