Fur coat - vegetable “clothes” used in the preparation of salads.
The apples added to it give snack dishes a peculiar highlight, adding a new flavor to many familiar salads.
Apples make snacks not only more tender, but also allow smoothing the taste of basic products.
Let's try to surprise guests and loved ones with a new delicate taste and original design of classic salads?
Fur coat with apples - general principles of preparation
• “Fur coat” consists of chopped boiled vegetables, which in most cases are layered, but often mixed. The most common combination: potatoes, carrots, beets, onions or green onions. Boiled vegetables are ground with a grater, using a different size of its cells, the onions are chopped with a heavy, sharp knife. Often the fur coat is supplemented with eggs, sometimes crab sticks, red caviar or melted cheese.
• In a coat with apples or under it, you can “dress” chicken or any other meat product. But more often, herring snack dishes are prepared with a fur coat. Herring lay under a fur coat or, on the contrary, the salad is hidden in it.
• Apples must be peeled and cut out from the middle of the pit. Fruit, as well as vegetables, is ground by a grater or cut into small pieces with a knife, mixed with the main mass or stratified with its constituents. Sweet and unnecessarily sour fruits are not recommended; it is best to use sweet and sour apples.
• Fill the coat with mayonnaise. Sometimes it is mixed with sour cream or gelatin, but this is for lovers.
• It is advisable to prepare salads in advance so that all layers are uniformly soaked with mayonnaise dressing.
Classic recipe “Herrings under a fur coat” with apples
• a pound of potatoes;
• two medium beets;
• three eggs;
• one large sweet and sour apple;
• bitter onion;
• mayonnaise 65% fat;
• large, well-salted herring - 1 pc.
1. Carefully rinse the potatoes, onions, carrots and apples. 2. Root vegetables, not peeling, boil until fully cooked. Beetroot cook separately, adding a little vinegar, then it will not lose color. Cool the vegetables which have reached readiness, having lowered in cold water, and clear.
3. Boil the eggs hard and cool them in the same way, then clean, wash again and wipe dry.
4. Gut the herring, remove the peel from the fish, separate the fillets from the bones and cut it into small cubes.
5. Finely chop the onion with a knife and chop the peeled apples with a medium or large grater.
6. Put the chopped fish in a thin layer on a flat dish and give it some form: oval, rounded or rectangular. On top of the herring, spread the chopped onion and tightly cover it with an apple, grated on a medium grater.
7. Top with a fine grater, rub the potatoes and lightly apply a lush layer with a fork, grease with mayonnaise and lightly salt.
8. On a potato layer, in a medium grater, rub the carrot, evenly distribute it over the entire surface, covering it with a thin layer of mayonnaise, salt it, and lightly pepper it.
9. Finely rub the eggs over the carrot, and rub the beets even higher.
10. Give the salad a neat shape and lubricate its surface well with mayonnaise.
11. Be sure to keep the coat in the cold before serving, it is best to do this all night.
Meat coat with apples: chicken breast layered salad - “Delight”
• 200 gr. boiled chicken breast;
• two boiled potatoes;
• one large boiled carrot;
• 200 gr. champignons;
• three hard-boiled eggs;
• large onion;
• hard cheese - 100 gr .;
• two small pickled cucumbers;
• 300 gr. low fat mayonnaise.
1. Mushrooms and onions cut into small cubes and fry in butter, cool.
2. Eggs, potatoes, carrots, and apples grate a large grater, and cheese - fine.
3. Cut chicken breast and cucumbers into small cubes, the meat is somewhat larger than cucumbers.
4. Put the salad in layers, well spreading each, in the following sequence: fried mushrooms and onions, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, boiled breast, apple, eggs and grated cheese. 5. The top layer may not be smeared with mayonnaise.
Herring under a fur coat with apples in gelatinized sauce
• 800 gr. salted herring;
• 600 gr. carrots;
• 800 gr. dark beets;
• 700 gr. Potato Potatoes:
• 400 gr. sweet and sour apples;
• half a liter of light mayonnaise;
• 20 gr. instant gelatin.
1. Soak gelatin in cold water until swelling. Then drain the water, and dissolve the gelatin, without stirring, in a water bath. Cool to a little above room temperature and combine with mayonnaise, stirring vigorously until you achieve uniformity.
2. Divide the herring fillet, remove all visible small bones. Wash with cold water, blot dry and cut into small, thin slices, carefully choosing the remaining bones.
3. Rinse, peel the carrots, potatoes and beets. Separately, boil until cooked, water must be salted. Cool the vegetables and rub with a large grater, not mixing.
4. Wash the apples, cut the peel thinly and coarsely rub. In order not to darken, you can sprinkle apple chips with lemon juice.
5. On a flat dish, form a salad by placing chopped vegetables in layers: potatoes, carrots, apples and beets. Water each new layer with jellied mayonnaise and layer it with slices of herring.
6. Top up the salad, pour the remaining mayonnaise mixed with gelatin, and leave in the refrigerator for three hours.
Fur coat with apples and melted cheese in herring
• two small potatoes;
• one large onion;
• carrot - a small root vegetable;
• whole beetroot;
• small apple;
• onion feathers;
• mayonnaise, fatty - 150-200 ml.
1. Boil well-washed unpeeled vegetables until cooked. Cook the beets separately, otherwise the carrot and potatoes will turn pink. Cool the roots in cold water, peel and grate separately on a small grater. Slightly squeeze out too much vegetable chips.
2. Add some mayonnaise to potatoes and beets, no more than a tablespoon, and mix well. Separately chop the onion with a knife. 3. Gut herring, remove skin from it, and separate fillet from ridge. Carefully select all bones and wipe the fillets well on all sides with a napkin or disposable towel.
4. Place one fillet on a large sheet of food film folded in several layers. Top with a thin layer of half prepared vegetables and apples in the following sequence: onions, potatoes, carrots, apples, beets. Each layer should be a little thinner and a bit already previous.
5. Cover everything with the second fillet and tightly wrap the blank in film. In the same way, prepare a second billet of the remaining halves of herring and place the products for two hours in the refrigerator.
6. Place the cooled herring rolls on a cutting board, free from film and cut, as usual, cut the herring carcass. Gently spread on a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Fur coat with apples: herring salad - “For the beloved”
• three boiled potatoes;
• salted herring fillet - 400 gr .;
• large sweet and sour apple;
• four hard-boiled eggs;
• boiled beets;
• large onion;
• two tablespoons of 9% vinegar;
• sparse mayonnaise;
• fresh parsley.
1. Chop the onion into small cubes, slightly mash it with your hands and cover it with vinegar mixed equally with hot water. After 20 minutes, fold in a sieve and dry well.
2. Dice the herring fillets. Diligently select small bones.
3. Separately, with a fine grater, rub chilled boiled vegetables, peeled apples and eggs.
4. Take a heart shape for a salad, or shape the salad in layers without it.
5. Put the potatoes first layer, spread the chopped herring evenly on it. Put the onion on top of the herring and cover it with eggs. On top of them, spread apples, chopped on a grater, and finish the salad with a beetroot layer. On each new layer, apply a thin, sparse mesh of mayonnaise.
6. Decorate the formed salad with sprigs of fresh parsley, and remove for impregnation in the cold, where stand for at least 3 hours.
Fur coat with apples, herring and melted cheese in bread fur coat
• 300 gr. dark beets;
• two processed “Dutch” cheeses;
• two boiled eggs;
• 50 gr. creamy, “traditional”, butter;
• 10 gherkins;
• two sour apples;
• one baguette;
• salted herring fillet - 1 pc .;
• a small bunch of dill;
• two spoons of 72% mayonnaise;
• medium sized carrot.
1. Separately, in lightly salted water, boil carrots and beets until ready. In the water with the beet, add a couple of pinches of citric acid, and to the carrot - a quarter of a teaspoon of granulated sugar. Cooked vegetables cool, pour cold water, dry and peel.
2. Rub the beets on a fine grater and put on a sieve to make the juice.
3. In the same way, chop the processed cheese and hard-boiled eggs, mix and add soft butter. Stir with a spoon, bring the curd mass to homogeneity and mix it well with finely chopped dill.
4. In a bowl, lay out the drained beets and rub boiled carrots to it on a small grater, and peeled apples in the middle one. Stir in the mayonnaise.
5. Cut the baguette from one edge, slightly open it and select the pulp with your hands, leaving a layer of centimeter-thick crumb on the crusts.
6. Apply a coat of apples mixed with mayonnaise with a not too thick layer on the walls of the formed cavity, spread the chopped green onion evenly over it and cover everything with a thin layer of “green” cheese mass.
7. On it, close to the uncut edge, lay a line next to the gherkins, and next to them cut the slices of herring fillet so that their thin part is on the cucumbers.
8. Grease the bread with butter on the cut, press the edges so that they stick together and wrap the product tightly with food film. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
9. After that, free the baguette from the film, cut it into centimeter thick slices and place on a flat plate, covered with lettuce leaves.
Fur coat with apples, salmon and crab shelves - “royally”
• 400 gr. salted salmon;
• one large apple;
• medium-sized boiled beets; • 200 gr. chilled crab sticks;
• a small jar of red caviar;
• two large potatoes boiled;
• 45% mayonnaise;
• sour cream 20% fat.
1. Cut the peeled apples into cubes. Pre-cooked potatoes and beets, rub with large chips. Cut the salmon into thin, medium-sized slices.
2. In equal parts, take mayonnaise with sour cream, about three tablespoons, and mix well.
3. At the bottom of a deep salad bowl, put a thin layer of potatoes, thinly cover it with cooked sauce. Next, put the pieces of fish, cover it with an apple layer, which is sprinkled with ground pepper.
4. On top of the apples, spread the crab sticks cut into thin, short straws and grease the crab layer with the sauce.
5. From above evenly distribute the grated beets and also grease it with sauce.
6. Cover the surface of the salad with red caviar and put the dish to cool for 40 minutes in the common compartment of the refrigerator.
Fur coat with apples - cooking tricks and useful tips
• So that the taste of herring coat is really tender, you should take whole, slightly salted herring carcasses, which are cleaned and divided into fillets themselves. Fish preserves are not suitable, they will interrupt the main taste of the dish with spices and vinegar used in the manufacture. Salted fish is cut into medium-sized pieces or cubes, then covered with vegetable “clothes” or stratified with its components.
• Vegetables should be boiled in advance and well cooled before use, otherwise the salad will quickly deteriorate. In addition, grated warm vegetables can stick together and they are hard to lay out evenly.