Apple jelly is a wonderful dessert that can be prepared for future use.
Everything is much easier than it might seem.
The only difficulty that can be encountered is to have time to hide the jars of fragrant jelly in time.
Otherwise, before the winter, they just do not reach.
Apple jelly for the winter - the general principles of cooking
Cooking jelly is carried out in two stages. First, the apples are heat treated to soften, then rub through a sieve to get rid of the skins and veins. It is not recommended to use a blender or a meat grinder, otherwise the jelly will not turn out amber, tender. The second stage of cooking consists in combining puree with the rest of the ingredients in the recipe, cooking the dessert until ready.
What is added to jelly:
• other fruits, berries;
Gelatin is not always put, apples contain a natural thickener - pectin. If done correctly, the puree will surely harden. Most of the pectin is found under the peel. That is why you should not peel the fruit during primary cooking. With gelatin, the finished mass becomes thicker, more dense.
To determine the consistency of apple jelly, you need to drop a little on the plate. As soon as the mixture stops flowing, it begins to drag slightly from the spoon, you can stop cooking. In the process of cooling the mass will be even thicker, it will harden when cooled.
Apple jelly for winter without gelatin
Recipe natural jelly from apples for the winter, which hardens due to the pectin contained in the fruit. In addition to sugar, nothing else is added to the dessert.
• 1.2 kg of apples;
• 0.2 liters of water;
• 0.2 kg of sugar.
1. Cut the apples into slices, throw them into the saucepan, add prescription water.
2. Close, set to stew until soft.
3. Remove from heat, filter compote. Fruits cool.
4. Pour compote back into the pan, add sugar. 5. Apples are ground through a sieve, gentle mashed potatoes are also put in a saucepan. We put on the stove.
6. Boil jelly on low heat for 30 minutes to an hour, look at the consistency and stir.
7. Put the hot jelly into sterile jars. Immediately twist the covers, remove the storage.
Apple jelly for winter with gelatin
Option jelly with gelatin, which will surely harden and get thick, even without a long boiling mass. Gelatin can be taken instant or simple, soak in the soaked form for as long as indicated on the product packaging.
• 2 kg of apples;
• 400 g of sugar;
• 500 ml of water;
• 2 tablespoons of gelatin.
1. Soak gelatin in a glass of water. You can use apple juice or juice, everything will work out too, but the liquid should be boiled, sterile.
2. Cut the apples, remove the middle with the seeds. Put the pieces in the pan, add the rest of the water (300 ml), put on the stove. Boil for a quarter of an hour, cool to a warm state so as not to burn your hands.
3. Wipe the apple mass through a sieve, discard the skins.
4. Add sugar to the puree, stir.
5. Put the jelly on the stove, boil after boiling with sugar for about five minutes.
6. Add the swollen gelatin, stir quickly. By this time, sterile jars should be on hand.
7. Stir the jelly to dissolve the lumps, bring to a boil, but as soon as the bubbles go, immediately turn off. Gelatin does not like boiling and, unlike pectin, loses its ability to freeze.
8. Quickly lay out the jars, close the lids, which must also be sterile.
Spicy apple jelly for winter
A variant of a very fragrant apple jelly for the winter with the addition of vanilla, cinnamon and cloves. Recipe without gelatin. Cinnamon and vanilla is desirable to use natural.
• 1.5 kg of apples;
• 500 ml of water;
• 250 g of sugar;
• 1 stud;
• 1 sticks of cinnamon;
• 1 g of vanilla.
Cooking 1. Wash the fruit, cut into 4 parts. Seeds and leaves can not be removed. Put everything in the saucepan.
2. Add water, immediately throw a clove bud and a cinnamon stick.
3. Put on the stove, cook for 30 minutes.
4. Cool, wipe, cinnamon and cloves, or rather what is left of them, you need to throw away.
5. Add prescription sugar, vanillin to the puree, stir.
6. Place on the stove, reduce the heat after boiling.
7. While stirring occasionally, boil the jelly for half an hour.
8. Pour boiling delicacy into a sterile container, seal the cork. Cool jelly, like any other billet, should be upside down.
Apple jelly for winter to meat and for dessert (with cranberries and quince)
Recipe unusual jelly, which is used in the form of sweet and sour sauce for meat. But as a dessert, it can also be served, tasty in any variant.
• 0.8 kg of apples;
• 0.4 kg quince;
• 0.5 kg of cranberries;
• 300 ml of water;
• 500 g of sugar;
• 5 tablespoons of lemon juice.
1. Cut the washed quince with apples into pieces, you do not need to peel the skin. Snaps can also be left, they do not interfere.
2. Put in a saucepan, add the washed cranberries and water. Similar jelly can also be cooked with lingonberries.
3. Fill the water with a prescription.
4. Steam the products on low heat until soft, cool.
5. Make a gentle mash, rubbing boiled fruits and berries through a sieve.
6. Now add sugar according to the recipe, boil together for 25 minutes.
7. During this time, prepare jars in which you put jelly and process the lids.
8. Pour in lemon juice, mix thoroughly.
9. Boil the preparation for exactly five minutes, then reduce the heat to a minimum, arrange the sauce or dessert in jars. Clean before winter.
Apple jelly for the winter with lemon and cinnamon
A variant of amber jelly with a crisp citrus scent. If the lemons are small, then you can lay more than indicated in the recipe. Cinnamon is used in chopsticks.
• 2 kg of apples;
• 1.5 liters of water;
• 1 pinch of saffron;
• 800 g of sugar;
• 3 sticks of cinnamon; • 3 lemons.
1. Apples crumble into cubes, leaving the peel and seeds. Put in pan.
2. Lemons should be thoroughly washed, scalded and cut too. It is advisable to remove and remove the stones so that the jelly does not taste bitter.
3. Transfer the lemons to the apples, add water.
4. Close, put on the stove, cook on low heat for 1.5 hours. You need to get a rich decoction.
5. Prepare a colander, put in it gauze, folded four times. Put on another pan.
6. Pour the boiled mass into a colander, let stand to stack the main broth. Then lift the tips of gauze, squeeze well.
7. Add sugar, saffron, cinnamon to the broth. Put on the stove.
8. Boil the jelly for a quarter of an hour.
9. Then arrange amber sweetness in jars, roll up.
Apple jelly with pears for the winter (with gelatin)
A variant of mixed jelly, in which, apart from apples, pears are added. Another recipe in which gelatin serves as a thickener.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 1 scoop of gelatin;
• 500 g pears;
• 600 g of sugar;
• 4 glasses of water.
1. Soak gelatin in one glass of water, let the grains swell. It is better to take boiled and cooled water, as the mass does not boil with gelatin.
2. Cut apples with pears into cubes, add water, boil together until soft, as was done in previous recipes.
3. Cool the fruit, mash it, mash the skins.
4. Add sugar, boil for another quarter of an hour.
5. Now add gelatin dissolved in water, stir and heat until boiling.
6. Turn off the stove or turn down the heat to the very minimum so that the mass does not boil, but does not cool either.
7. Pour the future jelly into jars, wait for it to cool, store for storage.
Apple jelly for the winter with pumpkin
A variant of an unusual jelly, which will delight in the winter not only with taste, but also with bright color. To do this, take the orange pumpkin. Similarly, you can cook a delicacy with carrots, but you have to cook it a little longer.
• 1 kg of apples; • 700 g pumpkin;
• 1.5 kg of sugar;
• 4 glasses of water;
• 2 tablespoons of gelatin.
1. In the recipe is the weight of the purified pumpkin pulp. Cut it into arbitrary pieces, add 3 cups of water, cook until soft.
2. While the pumpkin is preparing, cut the apples into slices. Add to the pot as soon as the vegetable starts to pierce easily. Boil until soft apples. If apples are added immediately, then the pumpkin cooking process will be delayed.
3. Pour gelatin with remaining glass of water, let it brew.
4. Rub the boiled apples with pumpkin through a sieve.
5. Put the mashed potatoes on the stove, add sugar, stir and boil for ten minutes.
6. Add gelatin, boil until boiling. Stir well and turn off immediately.
7. Pour the harvesting of apples in jars, cork.
Apple jelly for the winter - tips and tricks
• If jelly is made from sweet apples, it can be tasteless. It is recommended to add a little lemon juice or diluted acid during the last cooking, it is advisable to do it at the very end to bring the dessert to the desired taste.
• Apple desserts are often prepared with the addition of citruses to get a bright taste and aroma. But it is not necessary to use fresh fruit. You can add chopped peel of lemons or oranges to jelly, it can even be dry.
• To make jelly cooked faster, you need to increase the area of evaporation of moisture. Use low and wide dishes, such as a basin or stewpot.
• Carnation gives off aroma for a long time; during long-term storage, the jelly may have an unpleasant odor, bitterness. Therefore, it is advisable to catch and remove the asterisk after cooking. For two liters of fruit mass is recommended to add no more than one bud.