Faddish foreign translators, almost to any Russian snack mold overseas “Caviar”. And it’s impossible for them to explain to them that the Russian “Caviar” is not only what they harbor sturgeon fish, but almost everything that can be spread on a crust of bread. So, we have in the same menu bar both squash and salmon, eggplant and sturgeon and, of course, mushroom caviar.
Caviar of ceps - general principles of preparation
• Caviar of white mushrooms is cooked in thick-walled dishes, frying in vegetable oil. In the preparation can be used fresh, frozen or dry mushrooms.
• Fresh mushrooms must be carefully inspected for wormholes and worms before use. With the selected and intact cleaned remnants of forest litter and washed well. After that, dried, cut and fry. If you need to boil beforehand, then immediately after washing, they are poured with cool, but it is better to have boiled water and boil it with minimal boiling for up to 20 minutes, they do not add salt.
• Dry - must be soaked in advance using only cold water. It takes a lot of time, up to three hours, as the mushrooms should soften well.
• Boiled or water-soaked mushrooms must be dried in a colander before frying. If this is not done, caviar may turn out to be too watery.
• Frozen mushrooms do not require complete thawing. Enough to withstand them for at least half an hour at room temperature, so that they are only slightly thawed. They are completely thawed when frying, and so that the caviar of them is not liquid, it is extinguished without covering it.
• Such caviar can be cooked not only for daily consumption. Very often, it canned or frozen, to save for a longer period - for the winter. • White mushroom caviar is a versatile dish. Smeared on bread or spread out on tartlets, it will decorate any holiday table. With it, you can bake flavored pies or cook a pizza, laying as the main stuffing, or mixing with others. Caviar from white mushrooms can be served as a sauce for meat or vegetable dishes.
Gentle white mushroom caviar with melted cheese
• 300 gr. fresh mushrooms;
• garlic - three slices, small size;
• processed cheese;
• bitter onion head;
• 50 ml of white, not fortified wine;
• 20 gr. homemade butter, butter;
• 10 ml of olive oil.
1. Finely chop the onion, chop the garlic with a knife.
2. Pour olive oil into a frying pan and add butter and heat them well. Butter should melt completely.
3. Put chopped onion and garlic in preheated fat and fry them until a tender flush forms.
4. Add thin slices of mushrooms, pour in the wine and continue to simmer on low heat until the moisture has completely evaporated, then cool.
5. Put chopped processed cheese, finely chopped greens to the fried mushrooms. After trying, salt it, if necessary, pepper it, beat with a mixer until a pasty mass is obtained and place in a common refrigerator for two hours.
Canned white mushroom caviar with carrots and onions without sterilization
• one kilogram of fresh white mushrooms;
• bitter white onion - 300 gr .;
• a glass of refined sunflower oil;
• 300 gr. juicy carrots;
• 50 ml of food vinegar;
1. Rinse the mushrooms, freed from dirt and forest litter, fill with running water and put on intensive fire.
2. As you boil, lower the heat and boil for about 20 minutes with a slight boil. Then drain the broth and dry the mushrooms in a colander. 3. Onions, mushrooms and carrots separately twist in a meat grinder, do not mix.
4. In a thick-walled frying pan, heat all the vegetable oil well and brown the onion in it, to get a light golden tint.
5. Add the carrot and fry until its pieces are half cooked, then lower the mushrooms to the vegetables.
6. Constantly stirring, fry everything together on low heat for about five minutes, not more, then add garlic passed through a press, add salt and reduce heat.
7. After about an hour, but not earlier, add salted caviar at your discretion, season with ground pepper and pour in vinegar. Mix thoroughly, warm for about five minutes and put into sterile jars, roll up.
Caviar of white mushrooms with eggplants - “Embassy”
• fresh mushrooms (white) - 1 kg;
• three onions;
• kilogram of medium-sized eggplants;
• 100 gr. young parsley;
• refined oil;
• A large spoonful of vinegar.
1. Selected mushrooms finely chop with a heavy knife. Transfer to thick-walled dishes, add half a glass of water and place on intense fire. As soon as all the broth is evaporated, pour in two tablespoons of oil and leave for five minutes, reducing the heat to medium. Then temporarily leave the fire.
2. Wash the blue ones together with the peel, cut into cubes, with a rib size of half a centimeter and put into a colander, carefully pouring each subsequent layer with salt. After a quarter of an hour, thoroughly wash with water and dry, leaving in a colander.
3. Pour some butter into a clean pan and slightly chop the shredded onions. Add the blue ones, press the garlic into the vegetables using a press, mix well and cook until tender over low heat under the lid. Be sure to stir occasionally, so that the pieces of eggplants and onions are not burnt.
4. To the vegetables, put the mushrooms slightly damped in the oil, add three spoons of water and, stirring slowly, stew for a quarter of an hour. 5. Then add the finely chopped parsley, pour in the vinegar and, after stirring thoroughly, soak with a little heat for another five minutes, cool.
6. Such caviar is not conserved, it is advisable to eat it within a week after preparation. But if you want to have a small stock of snacks for the winter, spread the cooled caviar in small hermetic trays and freeze. At any time, the snack is easy to defrost in the microwave.
A simple recipe for tender caviar from white mushrooms and tomatoes for the winter
• small white mushrooms - 1 kg;
• seven medium-sized meaty tomatoes;
• one large carrot;
• three spoons of 9% table vinegar;
• vegetable oil;
• white onion head.
1. Wash the peeled mushrooms from the forest litter under running warm water. Then boil no more than 20 minutes, fill in with cold drinking water and dry, throwing it back on a sieve.
2. Cut the tomatoes with water and cut them into slices, remove the remaining stem, and twist the flesh with a meat grinder.
3. In the same way, chop the cooled mushrooms and transfer the mass into a separate bowl.
4. In vegetable oil, lightly fry the shredded onions, sliced into medium-sized slices, and add the carrot, grated in large chips. Stir and bring the vegetables to a low heat until softened.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and simmer with moderately high heat until a uniform “sauce” is obtained.
6. Put the twisted mushrooms in the pan. Constantly stirring, stir the mass with the tomato “sauce” for at least half an hour. If you think that caviar is not soft enough, stew more, but not more than 10 minutes.
7. After that, pour in the vinegar, add a little salt, a small pinch of ground pepper and continue to simmer for another seven minutes.
8. Spread hot caviar in prepared jars, and put them to be sterilized in the oven. Quickly and carefully remove and seal the cork with sterile, boiled lids. 9. Cool preservation, turning upside down, covered with a warm thick blanket.
Natural fragrant white mushroom caviar
• 1.7 kg of boiled white mushrooms;
• 400 gr. salad onions;
• a tablespoon of coarse rock salt;
• sugar - to taste;
• a teaspoon of hand-ground black pepper;
• vegetable oil;
• Acetic essence - 1 tbsp. l
1. In peeled and washed mushrooms, separate the caps from the legs, for easy cutting. Chop them smaller with a very sharp and thin knife and fold them into a deep saucepan or thick-walled pan.
2. On a low heat, stirring often, boil the mushrooms in their own juice, without adding water for up to 40 minutes. Decant the remaining broth and cool the dense mass and weigh it. Must be at least 1.7 kg.
3. Pass the boiled pulp through a meat grinder with a large grill, cut the onion into small-sized cubes.
4. On heated vegetable oil until transparent, fry chopped onion. Add twisted mushrooms and leave to stew. Do not cover with a lid; moisture should evaporate well.
5. Approximately in half an hour, taking a taste to your taste and taking a sample, bring it to readiness, boiling over low heat for the next half hour.
6. At the end of cooking, lightly pepper and pour in the vinegar and, after stirring carefully, spread the hot caviar over the treated jars. Cork tightly, place on caps and cool by wrapping the blanket tightly around it.
7. The output is about one and a half liters of the finished product.
A simple recipe for caviar from dried porcini mushrooms - “In the working afternoon”
• 300 gr. dry white mushrooms;
• one small carrot;
• 40 ml of very fat mayonnaise;
• refined butter for frying;
• garlic and large onions.
1. Beforehand, about three hours before cooking, pour the dry white mushrooms with cold water. During this time, they should soften well. If not sufficiently softened, boil them for half an hour in lightly boiling water and drain in a colander. 2. Boil the egg, cool it in a large amount of cold water, clean it.
3. Finely chop the onion and garlic with a cleaver or heavy knife, chop the carrot on a medium grater.
4. In a small amount of heated sunflower oil, first fry the onions to a golden hue, then add the carrot to it and fry everything together to an amber color.
5. Add the soaked white mushrooms, reduce the heat and, after seasoning the caviar with spices and salt, continue cooking until the mushrooms are well browned and cool.
6. Coarsely chop the egg, add to it the mushroom roast, mayonnaise and smash all the blender.
Caviar of white mushrooms - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Try not to use a lot of spices. It is enough to season the dish with a small amount of ground pepper in order to only slightly shade the taste. Excess spice will kill the main mushroom flavor.
• Be sure to dry the mushrooms before roasting. They already contain a lot of moisture, and its excessive amount will break the consistency of the finished dish.
• If the finished caviar needs to be smashed with a blender, do not chop it to puree. Mushroom caviar should be grainy, it should be felt small pieces of mushrooms. For grinding, it is best to use a meat grinder.
• Salting a dish is better at the end, when excess moisture is well evaporated.