Brushwood is a traditional dish of our cuisine.
Twisted dough products are deep-fried, crispy, light and very fragrant.
It's time to cook!
Brushwood on milk - general principles of preparation
Milk for dough is mainly used whole. But there are recipes for sour milk or sour milk. Also add eggs or only yolks to the dough, put salt, sugar and, of course, flour. For brushwood make a stiff dough for rolling. In the traditional recipe, the layer is made as thin as possible. But there are options lush brushwood with soda or yeast.
How to make brushwood
There are many ways to make brushwood. Craftsmen make products of different shapes. But the most common is the classic way. It is used for both thin and fluffy products.
How to make brushwood:
1. Roll the dough into a tortilla. If it is a lot, it is better to divide it into several parts.
2. Cut the layer into strips up to five centimeters wide.
3. Now the strips need to be cut across to get rectangles. You can cut diagonally, get diamonds.
4. In each piece a central cut is made.
5. Now you need to take the tip from either side and push it into the center hole, turn it slightly.
Fry shaped products are always in a large amount of fat. Refined oil is most commonly used. The brushwood is prepared in small portions, taken out on paper or on large trays, cooled in this form. Then the dish is beautifully laid out with slides, the layers are covered with powdered sugar.
Thin brushwood on milk
The classic recipe of brushwood in milk. Products from this dough are thin, light and crispy. Lard is traditionally used for frying - overfilled lard fat. But everything turns out perfectly on unscented sunflower oil.
• 2 eggs;
• 0.5 cups of milk; • 1 spoon of sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• oil for frying, powder for decoration.
1. In a bowl, break two eggs at once, add sugar and a little salt. Beat well, but do not need to use a mixer. You can do this with a fork.
2. Add regular milk, stir.
3. Now it is time for flour. Must go around the glass. We do not regret flour, add until the dough becomes steep, elastic. Knead well.
4. Put the lump in the bag, leave for ten minutes. You can simply cover with an inverted bowl. During this time, the test will become even more elastic, it will be easier to work with it.
5. Now divide the dough into several parts, roll thin cakes up to three millimeters, cut and form brushwood. How to sculpt it correctly, described a little higher.
6. Heat the deep fat fryer. It is better to use a tall saucepan or a cauldron.
7. Fry the brushwood in the hot oil to rosy color, pour a few things on it. They should not be in contact with each other.
8. Remove the finished brushwood on paper, let drain excess oil. Then stack on plates. Decorate with powder, you can add vanilla to it.
Brushwood on milk and sour cream
For such brushwood dough is prepared with milk and sour cream. It also comes with egg yolks. Proteins are not added, they can be used for other dishes, for example, add to omelette or make meringue.
• 120 g of milk;
• 3 yolks;
• 1 spoon with a slide of sour cream;
• Spoonful of sugar, salt;
• pinch ripper;
• flour, how much will leave;
• 400 ml of oil (for deep fat);
• 0.5 cups of powder (for sprinkling).
1. We get dough on yolks. To do this, put all three pieces in a bowl, put sugar and a pinch of salt, and grind.
2. Add sour cream to yolks, rub together until smooth and pour milk. All ingredients must be at room temperature.
3. Add the flour, which we mix with a pinch of the ripper, add quite a bit, prepare the elastic dough. It will turn out slightly rough. Put it in a bag so that the dough will soften and rest. 20 minutes is enough. 4. During this time you need to prepare everything you need. Pour the oil into a large container, prepare a paper on which the brushwood will dry, mix the powder with vanilla, so that the topping becomes aromatic.
5. It remains to thin out the dough, make the brushwood, fry in deep fat.
6. Dry the finished products on paper that will absorb excess fat, put it on a plate, powdering the layers with powder.
Brush on milk with vodka
A feature of the products of this test is blistering. Small pimples appear on the brushwood because of vodka. Instead, you can use another alcoholic drink, but strong, for example, brandy, moonshine.
• 2 yolks;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• 1 spoon of vodka;
• 0.25 cup of milk;
• 1 tsp. oils;
1. Beat yolks with sugar; add a pinch of salt to enhance the taste.
2. Add milk, stir.
3. Now turn vodka or other alcoholic beverage.
4. Next pour the flour, while kneading, add a little vegetable oil to the dough. Enough one teaspoon.
5. Make elastic, thick dough, remember well that it becomes homogeneous, leave for ten minutes.
6. Form a brushwood classic form or make any other products, such as roses or flowers.
7. Fry the deep-fried stuff, cool.
8. Put the dish on the slide. Decorate with powder.
Brushwood on yeast milk
Despite the addition of yeast to the dough for brushwood in milk, the products are prepared thin. During frying, they slightly thicken, but only slightly. This dough perfectly tolerates freezing, so a part can be removed immediately.
• 8 g yeast;
• 0.5 cups of milk;
• 120 g margarine;
• 2 tsp. Sahara;
• 2.5 cups of flour;
• 1/2 tsp. salts;
• oil and powder.
1. Heat the milk. Pour sugar in the recipe, yeast, half a teaspoon of salt. Stir.
2. Margarine melt and cool. Add to milk mixture. You can use butter for the dough. Stir. 3. Add flour, knead the dough thick. Let him rest for a quarter of an hour, no need for longer. Yeast should not be dismissed in advance either.
4. The test will turn out somewhere 600 grams. You can use all or just a part at once, by removing the leftovers in the freezer or simply in the refrigerator.
5. Roll out thinly, make brushwood.
6. Deep-fry until tender. After cooling down, powder the brush with powder.
Lush brushwood with sour milk
Recipe air, soft and lush brushwood on sour milk. It is much faster to cook it, because the dough does not require thin rolling.
• 300 ml of sour milk;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 1 tsp. without a hill of salt;
• 2/3 tsp. soda;
• 20 ml of oil;
• flour, deep fat, powder.
1. Leave the sour milk in a warm room, it should not be cold. Either heat a little, but make sure that the fermented milk product does not curl.
2. Add soda, stir.
3. After a minute, add salt, sugar, pour vegetable oil in the recipe.
4. Smash one egg, stir.
5. Flour add so much that the dough was like for pies. That is not very cool, but did not spread on the table.
6. Cover with a cloth napkin, leave warm.
7. After fifteen minutes, roll out to a thickness of 4 millimeters. Cut into pieces, twist each into brushwood.
8. Roasted soft brushwood as well as thin. Pour into oil a lot of oil, deep-fried products are rosy and fluffy.
9. Decorate the finished dish with powder, but only after cooling.
Crumbly twig on milk with baking powder
Recipe dough for crumbly brushwood. To make it so, add butter and baking ripper. You can take margarine, but of good quality.
• flour 500 g;
• 100 ml of milk;
• 2 eggs;
• 0.3 tsp. salts;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 100 g of oil;
• 1 tsp. ripper;
• 1 scoop vodka (optional);
• dusting powder, oil for frying.
1. Melt the butter immediately, let it stand, to cool. 2. Sift flour into a large bowl, but not all. 400 grams is enough for now. Immediately mix with the ripper, you can do it right in the sieve.
3. Make a well, add salt, eggs and sugar, pour in milk, stir the products a little in the well.
4. Now is the time to add melted butter. If you add alcohol to the dough, then do it with butter.
5. Knead the dough. First, drive a spoon over the hole, gradually increasing the diameter. If necessary, top up the remaining flour.
6. Give the dough to rest for half an hour, covered with food or plastic wrap.
7. Roll out the layer, form a thin brushwood.
8. Fry products in the usual way in deep fat, when serving decorated with powder.
Brushwood on milk - useful tips and tricks
• Sugar is added to the dough not only for taste, but also for color. If it is added less than the norm, the products will not be able to fry nicely, they will turn out gray and clever. But if you shift, it will be even worse. The brushwood will start to burn quickly, and burns will appear on it.
• If you lay the brushwood in a poorly heated deep-fryer, the dough will begin to absorb a lot of fat. If the butter is too hot, the crust will set too quickly, the products will be unbaked.
• Finished brushwood can be decorated not only with powder. Products can be watered with honey, condensed milk, sprinkle with nuts or poppy seeds on top. Let the usual dish sparkle with new tastes!
• If small pieces of brushwood are in the deep fat, for example, if the pieces are cut off from the dough or a part has come off, then they must be removed. Otherwise, the pieces will burn, spoil the taste of the oil, the next batch of brushwood.