The tortoise cake is a delicious dessert that is simple and easy to prepare.
Even beginner confectioners will cope with it, let alone experienced housewives.
Cream for the turtle, you can take any: brewed, condensed milk, butter, cream, but especially able sour cream. It quickly permeates the cakes, fills with flavor, the cake is very tender and just melting in your mouth.
Turtle Cake with Sour Cream - General Cooking Principles
Classic tortoise cake is made from biscuit dough. From it form small cakes, which are baked in the oven. Since placing the donuts on a baking tray takes time, a ripper is added to the dough to secure it. You can take a special baking powder or simply extinguish baking soda. You can make lazy turtle options from cookies or rolls. Recipes can be found below.
The cream is made from sour cream. It is advisable to use a thick product with good fat. But you can take less calorie sour cream and add a special thickener. It is sold in the baking department. Sugar is not added to the cream very much, usually not more than one third of the total mass. To taste put a variety of fillers.
With what you can cook a turtle:
• with vanillin;
• with cocoa or chocolate;
• fruits and berries;
But a special place is occupied by the design. Cake laid out in the form of a turtle. You can make a head, legs, tail or just lay out only the shell. Top dessert covered with cream, icing, sprinkled with nuts, chips, decorated with fruit. It is very important to let the cake stand for at least a few hours. It will be saturated, it will be better to keep the shape when cut.
Recipe 1: Vanilla Tortoise Cake with Sour Cream
The basic version of the tortoise cake with sour cream. The dessert turns out not cloying, cream sweet, but with pleasant sourness. From this amount of ingredients, a large enough turtle from 10-12 servings is obtained. Ingredients
• 6 eggs;
• 600 grams of sour cream;
• 1 bag of vanilla;
• 270 grams of flour;
• 450 grams of sugar;
• some oil;
• 80 grams of chocolate;
• 1 bag of baking powder.
1. Eggs should be broken in a bowl, add 250 grams of sugar and whip into a lush foam. Weight will increase in size at least 2 times. Take immediately a big cup.
2. Sift flour and combine with baking powder. Can be sown immediately together.
3. Combine the flour with the egg mixture, gently stir. Better to do it with a spoon, not a mixer.
4. Put parchment on the pan, lubricate or use silicone mats. Spread a small spoon with a spoon. You can put the dough in the bag and squeeze out of it. Between the resulting "pancakes" should remain free space, as they increase in size during baking.
5. We send blanks to the oven, bake for 5-7 minutes at 180 degrees. Cooling down.
6. For cream, whip sour cream with vanilla and sugar.
7. We dip the blanks in the cream and place them on a flat dish in the shape of a turtle, not forgetting to make the legs, the head, cut the tail.
8. Sprinkle the finished cake with a grated chocolate bar, leaving 2 small pieces for the eyes. But you can stick and raisins.
Recipe 2: Chocolate tortoise cake with sour cream in glaze
And cream, and cake layers for chocolate tortoise cake with sour cream are prepared on the basis of cocoa. The icing is made from chocolate. The recipe uses cocoa powder without sugar.
• 6 eggs;
• 1 cup of sugar;
• 1 tsp. baking powder;
• 1.5 cups of flour;
• 2 spoons of cocoa.
• 700 grams of sour cream;
• 200 grams of sugar;
• 3 spoons of cocoa.
• 50 grams of oil;
• 100 grams of chocolate.
1. Combine sugar with eggs, beat. Add flour mixed with cocoa and ripper. Stir.
2. Spread on a glazed pan of flat bread and immediately bake until tender.
3. Sour cream combine with sugar, add cocoa, stir and remove the cream in the fridge. Do not worry if sugar is not completely dissolved, it will melt in the cake. 4. Let the cooled cake blanks be dipped in chocolate cream, laid in the form of a tortoise shell. Do not forget under the first layer stick feet and head. We remove the collected cake in the fridge for 2 hours so that it is well cooled.
5. Cut chocolate into pieces, combine with a piece of butter, melt in a hot water bath.
6. We grease a turtle with chocolate and send to the refrigerator for impregnation.
Recipe 3: Tortoise Cake with Sour Cream and Kiwi
Another name for this stunningly beautiful cake is the Emerald Tortoise. And all thanks to the bright design of dessert kiwi slices.
• 400 grams of condensed milk;
• 1 egg;
• 450 grams of flour;
• 1/3 spoon of soda.
• 700 grams of sour cream;
• 1.5 cups of powder;
For registration of an emerald turtle will need 300 grams of kiwi.
1. Open a can of condensed milk and whip with an egg. Add sifted flour and soda, which must be quenched with lemon juice or vinegar. Knead the dough. It will be cool, under rolling.
2. Make sausage from dough and divide it into 8 parts. Each should be a little less than the previous one. Roll out the cakes, also differing in diameter by 1-2 cm from the previous cake. Alternately bake in the oven until golden brown.
3. Prepare the usual cream of sour cream and powder, add vanilla for the aroma. If there is a fruit flavor, you can add it.
4. We grease cakes with cream, forming a sloping hill.
5. Peel the kiwi, cut into circles. One fruit is left for the head. From the second we cut out the legs and tail.
6. We spread the shell from the circles of kiwi, we attach the head and legs to it. We send the cake soak for 8 hours in a cold place.
Recipe 4: Tortoise Cake with Sour Cream and Bananas
Bananas are the best fruit that can be added to cakes. The pieces will not let the juice, and the shape of the tortoise cake with sour cream will not suffer.
Ingredients • 5 eggs;
• 1 cup of sugar;
• 1.3 cups of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. ripper;
• 550 grams of sour cream;
• 1 cup of powder;
• 4 bananas.
• 6 spoons of milk;
• 70 grams of oil;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 5 spoons of cocoa.
1. Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy foam, add flour with added ripper.
2. Drop the cakes on a baking sheet from a pastry bag or just with a spoon. Bake, cool.
3. While the biscuits cool down, make cream of sour cream with powder, you can add a little vanilla or cinnamon.
4. Peel bananas from the skins, cut into circles.
5. Putting the cake. To do this, lay out the first layer of biscuit cakes, dipping each thing in the cream. On them are bananas. Again, tortillas, bananas, and so on, do not forget to form the shell.
6. Grease the top of the cake with cream and remove the dessert in the cold so that it stiffens a bit.
7. Mix cocoa with sugar, add milk and put the butter. We put the glaze in a water bath and cook until sugar and butter dissolve. Then we remove, cool to a slightly warm state and lubricate the tortoise shell.
Recipe 5: Tortoise Cake with Cookie Sour Cream
A quick recipe for a tortoise cake with sour cream, for which you don't even need to turn on the oven. Cookies can be used any: shortbread, biscuit, white or chocolate. But it is better if it is small.
• 500 grams of cookies;
• 700-800 grams of sour cream;
• 250 grams of powder;
• vanillin or cocoa.
For registration, you can use fruit, chocolate frosting, coconut chips.
1. Whip sour cream with powder and vanilla. If you make chocolate cream, then cocoa should be mixed with powdered sugar and then added to sour cream. So we will avoid the appearance of lumps.
2. Take a bowl, preferably rounded and fill the bottom with cling film.
3. Dip the cookies in the cream and put them in a bowl. Making layers of all the cookies and cream. 4. Cover the bowl with another piece of film and remove the cake in the cold, let it soak for 3-4 hours. Better to hold all night.
5. Remove the top foil, cover the bowl with a plate and turn the cake over. Remove the film and decorate the dessert to your taste.
Recipe 6: Tortoise Cake with Sour Cream from Rolls
In addition to cookies, the cake can be assembled from ready-made rolls of small diameter. Since they are already saturated with cream, sour cream will leave quite a bit. If the rolls are sugary, then you can put even less powdered sugar.
• 1 kg rolls;
• 300 grams of sour cream;
• 120 grams of powder.
1. Cut the rolls into 1 cm pieces.
2. Whip sour cream with powder, add vanilla or any other flavoring.
3. Putting the cake. We spread on the bottom of the plate pieces of roll. We grease with the prepared cream, we fill emptiness.
4. We put the second layer of rolls, also we coat and collect the whole tortoise shell.
5. Cut the head out of the piece, make the legs, coat it with cream. The eyes are made from dried fruit or chocolate. We make the shell to your taste.
Recipe 7: Tortoise Cake with Sour Cream, Nuts and Prunes
Cake with divine taste and indescribable tenderness. Prepared on the basis of biscuit cakes.
• 5 eggs;
• 180 grams of sugar;
• 180 grams of flour;
• 1 tsp. soda
• 800 grams of sour cream;
• spoon of brandy;
• 200 grams of powder.
You will also need 150 grams of nuts and the same prunes.
1. Beat eggs with sugar in foam, add flour and hydrated soda. Knead the dough and spread on the baking sheet small buns, measuring about 5 cm in diameter. We bake.
2. Mix it with powdered sour cream, add brandy and put the cream in the refrigerator.
3. Soak prunes with warm water for 15 minutes. Then squeeze and cut into strips.
4. Chop nuts, fry in a frying pan. Divide into 2 parts, half left to sprinkle the finished cake. 5. We collect cake according to the classical scheme. That is, dipped cakes in sour cream and laid on a dish. Sprinkle each layer with nuts and straw prunes.
6. Well lubricate the tortoise shell from all sides and sprinkle with roasted nuts. You can put patterns of chopped prunes.
Turtle Cake with Sour Cream - Tips and Tricks
• Biscuit dough for tortoise cake is not stored. It must be molded immediately after preparation. Otherwise, the cakes will be dense, hard, with weak porosity. If suddenly there is dough or no time to bake crumpets, just pour in the form and bake one cake biscuit. And even easier - use the slow cooker and walk about your business.
• Do you want the cake to play with fun colors? Cover the tortoise shell with sugar mastic, painted in different colors. And you can just add food dyes just to the cream, designed for finishing. Or draw the veins of the shell with melted chocolate, lay out patterns of chopped fruit, nuts.
• To make the frosting quicker and not to melt sour cream, the cake should be cooled well. Never cover a freshly prepared dessert. Frosting after melting can also be cooled, but not allowed to freeze. The mass must be fluid.