Honey as a base for a sauce is ideal for cooking pork dishes, it gives an interesting sweetish flavor, goes well with other ingredients of the sauce.
And if you add mustard to the marinade, the pork will be especially tender, soft and fragrant.
A selection of proven recipes already has a lot of fans, try it and you cook pork in honey sauce for a festive table or for a Sunday family dinner.
Pork in honey sauce - general principles of cooking
Meat is better to take fresh or chilled. Both tenderloin and ribs, back, meat on bone will do. For cooking pork in honey sauce, you can use as a large piece of meat, and portioned or medium-sized pieces. Pork must be thoroughly washed and dried, only after that proceed to cutting, pickling and directly to cooking.
Honey choose any variety: floral, buckwheat, lime, as long as it is not too thick. Mustard for the sauce is prepared either independently or purchased in the store: spicy, Dijon - depends on taste and recipe. Basically, these two ingredients are taken in small quantities and mixed with other marinade ingredients, sauce: soy sauce, garlic, lemon, dried or fresh herbs, ginger, spices, spices.
Pork in honey sauce can be fried, stewed, baked, cooked in a slow cooker. Using various methods of heat treatment, you can get from the same products radically different dishes: for example, honey-baked ham with a honey flavor and a ruddy crispy crust, pork with a spicy-sweetish taste in a thick gravy.
Serving dishes also depends on the method of cooking: stewed or roasted pork in honey sauce is served with a side dish of vegetables or cereals, meat baked in foil or a sleeve often becomes a hot or cold snack.
1. Pork in honey sauce, fried with sesame
• pork tenderloin - a small piece;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• 50 g of starch;
• 20 grams of roasted sesame;
• 50 g of any honey;
• some oil.
1. My meat, cut into small pieces, roll in starch. At will pork at this stage can be slightly salted.
2. Put the meat pieces on a frying pan heated with sunflower oil and fry with frequent stirring until softened, about 15 minutes.
3. Soy sauce is mixed with honey and a small amount of starch, pour the resulting mixture into the pan to roast pork, stir thoroughly for a few minutes, until the mixture becomes thick.
4. Pour into a thick mass with sesame meat, stir again and turn off the heat.
5. Serve the roast meat on a serving platter, garnished with parsley leaves.
2. Pork in honey sauce with orange juice
• pork fillet - a little less than half a kilogram;
• 50 ml of orange juice;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• buckwheat honey - 200 g;
• corn or vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
• dark soy sauce is not salty - 30 ml;
• finely ground salt of “Extra” variety and black pepper in powder - 20 g each;
• apple vinegar - 30 ml.
1. Wash a whole piece of pork pulp with cold water and dry with paper towels.
2. Mix the fine salt with black pepper, carefully rub the meat with the mixture.
3. Put the pan on the biggest fire, pour the oil and heat it well. Put the pork fillet grated in salt and pepper, fry until lightly golden crust for about three minutes, turning from side to side.
4. Pour freshly squeezed orange juice into a cup, add soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar and cloves of garlic squeezed through the garlic and stir well.
5. Add some honey-soy sauce to the pork, simmer for 2 minutes on a moderate heat, often turning a piece of meat.
6. When the pork is almost ready, pour the rest of the sauce, simmer another 5 minutes. 7. Roasted meat in honey-soy sauce is served on a portioned flat plate, watering with the sauce in which it is fried.
3. Pork in honey sauce, stewed with tomato paste
• kilogram of pork ribs;
• 250 g of honey;
• 8 cloves of garlic;
• tomato paste without salt - 150 g;
• soy sauce without salt - 250 ml;
• seasoning for meat dishes - 1 pack;
• a bunch of parsley.
1. Wash the ribs with cold water, separate them from each other, lay them in a deep cast iron skillet.
2. In a separate cup, mix the tomato, soy sauce, honey, seasoning, the cloves of garlic squeezed through the press, stir well and pour into the pan to the ribs.
3. We put on a strong fire, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer with frequent stirring for 50 minutes with the lid closed until the meat lags from the ribs and until the sauce is thick.
5. When serving stewed pork ribs, spread on a flat plate, pour the sauce in which they stew, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley leaves.
4. Pork in honey-mustard sauce in the oven
• pork (ham) - 2 kg;
• 100 g of buckwheat honey and stinging mustard;
• a piece of ginger root;
• crushed white pepper - 1 teaspoon;
• turmeric, tarragon - 20 g each;
• dry rosemary - 0.5 teaspoons;
• 30 g dry basil;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• several dry barberry fruits.
1. Wash fillet of pork from ham, dry with paper towels.
2. Fry the sheet with foil so that the edges hang from the sheet. Put the prepared dry piece of meat on the foil.
3. In a small bowl lay out the honey, all the spicy spices and herbs, salt, stir well.
4. On a piece of meat with a knife we make several small cuts, we put chives in them, together with the fruits of barberry.
5. Right on the foil we grease the meat with honey-mustard mixture, carefully pack the pork in the foil, lifting and connecting the edges left before.
6. Put the sheet in the preheated oven and bake at a moderate temperature for a little over an hour. 7. After that, open the oven and slightly unfold the edges of the foil and bake another 50 minutes, periodically pouring the pork sauce.
8. Serve a baked piece of pork in a cooled form on a plate, watering it with a sauce in which meat is baked.
5. Pork in honey sauce in a slow cooker with apples
• 2 large green apples;
• pork tenderloin - half a kilogram;
• some olive oil;
• dark salty soy sauce - 30 ml;
• 1 onion;
• 100 g of honey.
1. Cut the cut into medium pieces, lay in a multicooker container.
2. Wash apples, peel off the peel, cut into small slices.
3. In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, honey, soy sauce, pour the meat into the sauce.
4. Set the slow cooker in “extinguishing” mode for 20 minutes, close the container with a lid and extinguish.
5. After the allotted time, open the lid and put onion, apples, crushed with fine chips, simmer for about an hour in the same mode.
6. After the meat is completely cooked, we take a sample for salt, if there is not enough salt, add more soy sauce.
7. When serving, chop a piece of pork into portions and lay on a plate, watering with sauce.
6. Pork in honey-mustard sauce, baked with beer
• scapular part of pork pulp - 2 kg;
• some sunflower oil;
• Dijon mustard - 150 g;
• any honey - 100 g;
• half a liter of strong beer;
• onion head;
• thyme, salt, black pepper powder, ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon;
• ginger powder - 15 g;
• dried apricots, prunes - 150 g;
• raisins - 1 small handful.
1. Wash the pork fillet, coat it with pepper, salt and place in a greased baking tray.
2. Put the baking sheet with meat in the hot oven, fry for a few minutes until the roast crust appears. After we reduce the fire to medium.
3. Prepare the filling: pour a glass of strong beer into the cup, add half of the honey specified in the recipe, thyme, mustard, mix everything. 4. Grease fried meat with sauce.
5. Around the pork in a baking tray lay the onion, cut into thin straws, pour all the remaining beer, close the oven and simmer over moderate heat for more than an hour, while stewing several times, open the oven and pour the meat with the released juice.
6. In a separate container, pour the oil, add the remaining honey, ginger, thyme, cinnamon, pepper, add some salt, spread the dried fruit, pour the remaining beer and a small amount of water. All simmer on moderate heat to soften dried fruit.
7. Finished meat is slightly cooled, cut into pieces and served in plates, along with fragrant dried fruit sauce.
Pork in honey sauce - tricks and useful tips
• For frying, stewing or baking, use dishes with thick walls and a bottom: a cast-iron pan, a cauldron, and a special form for the oven. Such utensils are heated evenly from all sides, and the pork in it is especially tasty.
• You need liquid honey to make the sauce, but if you only have a thickened product, you can thin it in a water bath, then the honey must be cooled before use.
• If you add soy sauce to honey sauce, be extremely careful with salt.
• If you like spicy dishes, add garlic, red pepper or chili pepper to honey sauce.
• If you are cooking pork in honey sauce in the oven in foil or in the sleeve, do not forget 10-12 minutes before you are ready to open the meat so that it browns, acquired a beautiful mouth-watering appearance.