It would seem that what is so special about shins and dough.
Simple ingredients that are actively used in the daily menu. But in fact, when baking chicken juice, meat juice is released, it soaks the dough, and a crisp fries on top.
The flavors of the products are mixed, the dish pleases amazing taste. And it looks spectacular. Let's try to cook?
Drumstick in dough - general cooking principles
Chicken drumsticks are approximately the same size, so are ideal for roasting in the oven. Before cooking, they need to wash, dry. Then sprinkle with spices, marinate if necessary. If the recipe does not specify the exact name and number of spices, then use different seasonings to your taste. You can put raw chicken in the dough or pre-fried in a pan until half cooked.
The dough for the legs often use ready-made puff, but you can make it yourself. Homemade pastries always get tastier. You can take both yeast and unleavened dough. If it is frozen, then it is first necessary to thaw out, then spread out, sprinkle with flour on both sides and roll out to the desired thickness.
Shin can be:
• just wrap dough strips;
• form the bags.
The last option allows you to put any fillings to your taste. For the bag, the dough layer is cut into squares, with sides of at least 15 cm. The size depends on the presence or absence, as well as the amount of filling. The edges of the dough are fixed with a ribbon of dough or thread. To simply wrap the legs with strips, roll out the dough and cut into long ribbons. And in order that the winding is not damaged when baking, the edge is laid under the piece.
To make the shins in the dough get a beautiful color and crispy crust, they need to be greased with yolk or whole egg before baking. If you have not done this for some reason or have simply forgotten, after baking, hot drumsticks in the dough can be greased with a piece of butter.
Recipe 1: Tibia dough with mashed potatoes in sacks
A wonderful dish that combines chicken and side dishes. First you need to cook mashed potatoes, lush, homemade, with butter and overcooked onions. For the bags used ready-made puff pastry, which must be defrosted beforehand.
• 6 shins;
• 12 spoons of mashed potatoes;
• pack of puff pastry;
• spices for chicken;
• A spoon of sour cream or mayonnaise.
1. My shins, sprinkle with spices, smear with sour cream and leave to marinate for an hour.
2. Pour oil into the pan and fry the chicken at high temperature, without a lid on both sides. On the surface should appear ruddy crust.
3. Lay the dough on the table. If it is thick, then roll out to 4-5 mm, cut into squares.
4. Put 2 full spoons of mashed potatoes in each square, put a shank upright and collect the edges of the dough up with a bag.
5. Tie the bag with thread. It is possible and a strip of dough, but with a string will be stronger and the edges just do not boil over. We form all the bags, we shift in the form for baking.
6. In a raw chicken yolk add a spoonful of water, mix well and lubricate the bags with an egg with a brush.
7. Put the bags in the oven. Cooking for half an hour at 190 degrees until the golden crust appears on the dough.
Recipe 2: Spicy drumstick in dough
Option cooking chicken legs, wrapped with strips of dough. For this recipe you will need spices, you can use it for chicken, hops-suneli or dry adzhika. The number of products is taken by eye.
• lower leg;
• puff pastry;
1. Mix the finished mustard with spices. We cover the legs, if there is time, then we can let the chicken stand for an hour.
2. Fry shins in oil for 5 minutes on each side.
3. Puff pastry thinly rolled out, cut into long strips of 2 centimeters wide.
4. Retreat from the bone two centimeters, wraps the legs with dough, fold to a greased baking sheet.
5. Stir the egg and brush the prepared legs with a brush.
6. Bake until cooked, about 35 minutes at 190 ° C. Serve hot or cold.
Recipe 3: Drumstick in dough with a pickle
Very interesting recipe of the leg in the test. Instead of a bone in a chicken leg, salted cucumber is used, giving the dish an unusual taste. You can cook with both yeast and puff pastry, which need to completely wrap the legs.
• pack of puff pastry 0.4 kg;
• 8-10 drumsticks;
• 3-4 salted cucumbers;
1. Cut the shin along, remove the bone. Salt, sprinkle with spices.
2. Cucumbers cut lengthwise into several pieces. Small can be just two halves, large four.
3. Put a piece of cucumber inside each leg; we turn the edges inward, pretending to be a whole chicken leg.
4. Slice the dough into 2 cm wide strips.
5. Wrap each stuffed drumstick with overlapping strips. The tip is hidden below.
6. Fold the convolutions on a baking sheet, grease with beaten and salted egg, put in the oven for 40 minutes. We bake at 180 degrees.
Recipe 4: Drumstick in dough with a Hawaiian mixture
Another version of the sacs of the leg in the dough, which combines a full meal with a side dish. A frozen Hawaiian mixture of vegetables is used, but you can take any other to your liking. Defrost vegetables do not need to pre.
• 8-10 drumsticks;
• 0.4 kg Hawaiian mix;
• puff pastry;
• spices, egg.
1. Sprinkle shins with any spices to your liking and fry in oil. Cooling down.
2. Cook the Hawaiian mix in a frying pan until soft, evaporate all the released liquid, and also leave to cool.
3. Roll out the dough into the reservoir, cut into squares.
4. Put 3 spoons of ready vegetables, put the leg and fasten the bags.
5. Lubricate with egg and bake for half an hour in a preheated oven.
Recipe 5: Drumstick in dough with mushrooms and cheese
Win-win combination of products: chicken, cheese and mushrooms. The drumsticks in the dough for this recipe are prepared in the same way, in the form of sacks, but the cheese is laid directly in the meat. The dough is prepared on the basis of beer, you can use light or dark. Cheese can take any, including melted. Ingredients
• 6 shins;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• spices, oil.
For the test:
• 150 ml of beer;
1. Pour a pile of flour on the table, make a well, add an egg, salt, beer, knead the dough. We send “rest” for 20 minutes. At this time, prepare the chicken and mushrooms.
2. Slice the champignons, chop the onion and fry the filling in a pan almost until cooked, salt and season with any spices to taste.
3. Chop grated cheese.
4. In the shins, remove the upper joint, which is located on the thickened side. Hands gently move the meat away from the bone and stuff the resulting pocket with grated cheese.
5. Divide the dough into 6 pieces and roll out a circle from each one, put the mushroom filling and stuffed leg. Form the bags.
6. Lubricate with egg and bake until cooked for about 40 minutes.
Recipe 6: Drumstick in dough with summer vegetables
Delicious and juicy dish. The drumsticks in the dough are cooked with eggplants, pepper, onion. For this dish it is better not to use the former vegetables in the freeze, because of their increased wateriness. Dough use puff purchased, but if you want you can cook yourself. Products take by eye.
• lower leg;
• Bulgarian pepper;
1. Crusts shank in spices and fry on both sides in a skillet.
2. Cut the onion into cubes, fry in butter for a minute.
3. Cut eggplants into strips, soak them in salted water if necessary. Pepper cut into small cubes.
4. Add eggplant pieces with pepper to the pan to the onions and fry together for 5 minutes, season with spices and cool. If there is a lot of butter in the filling, then it needs to be drained by placing the pan on an oblique surface.
5. Roll out a layer of dough, cut into squares, put vegetable filling, drumsticks and form bags.
6. Lubricate the egg formed shank, bake for half an hour until golden brown.
Recipe 7: Tibia dough with rice, olives and walnuts
Festive version of the bags with unusual filling. Rice for shins, you can use any, but more interesting is obtained with a brown look. Olives can be replaced with olives if desired. Ingredients
• 0.1 kg of rice;
• 100 grams of canned olives;
• 50 grams of nuts;
• 6 shins;
• puff pastry.
1. Sprinkle drumsticks with spices, then fry until half cooked. Sent to cool.
2. Boil rice almost until ready, rinse with cold water.
3. Cut olives into thin ringlets, mix with rice.
4. Chop 1-2 cloves of garlic and add to the rice filling.
5. Grind the nuts, you can slightly fry and also add to rice. All mix, try on the salt. You can put any spices. Fans of spicy dishes can add a spoon of adzhika or mustard.
6. Roll out the dough, cut into squares, distribute evenly all the stuffing, put the drumstick in the center of each square and form the bags.
7. Fold the blanks on a baking sheet, grease with egg and bake. Since all products are almost ready, it is enough to fry the dough, usually it takes about 15 minutes at a temperature of 200-220 ° C.
Recipe 8: Garlic drumstick in cheese and sesame dough
The peculiarity of these legs is that under the skin of the chicken there is an aromatic cheese and garlic filling, which not only gives the taste, but also preserves the juiciness of the meat. For the preparation of garlic drumsticks, you will need puff pastry, without yeast. To taste we use any spices.
• Shin 8-10 stuff;
• puff pastry;
• garlic 5 cloves;
• 0.2 kg of cheese;
• one or two spoons of mayonnaise;
• half a lemon;
• soy sauce 100 ml.
1. Pour into the soy sauce any spices to your liking, add one chopped clove of garlic, juice of half a lemon and mix well.
2. Wash shins with cold water, dry with a napkin and marinate in cooked sauce for at least 3 hours. You can leave overnight in the refrigerator, covered with a lid on top.
3. Clean the remaining cloves of garlic, finely chop or skip through the press.
4. Three grated cheese, add a little mayonnaise and garlic, mix everything well.
5. We take out the shins from the marinade, carefully remove the skin and lay the cheese filling, return everything to its place. Distribute the filling between all the legs. 6. Roll out the dough, cut into long strips, wrap legs.
7. Beat the egg, oil the prepared drumsticks in the dough, sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Dough Shin - Useful Tips and Tricks
• So that the extreme bones of the shank are not charred when roasting in the oven and look attractive, you can wrap them in pieces of foil or parchment. When serving, the protection can be not removed, it is convenient to take it with your hands so as not to get dirty.
• To the bottom of the puff sacks do not tear from the juice, and was stronger, an additional cake, rolled out of scraps, can be put on the bottom of the dough piece.
• Puff pastry has the peculiarity of unstuck in the oven, as well as fasten it together. To prevent this from happening, the joints should be lubricated with water or an egg.
• If you need to fry your legs before the connection with the dough, and you for some reason do not want to do this, you can simply fold them into a mold and hold them in the oven for about 20 minutes at a temperature of at least 200 degrees. And for the crust just grease with butter.
• Is the dough poorly roasted, looking pale and ugly? Quickly mix the egg with a spoon of sugar or honey, brush with hot tassels and place in the oven again, adding the temperature to 220 degrees, hold for 5-10 minutes. You can also sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.