Cake “Elephant’s Tear” got its unusual name due to its original appearance: folded cake with cream and fruit filling. It is hard to believe that the appearance, simple and accessible ingredients make the seemingly ordinary dessert so tasty and interesting.
Cake “Elephant's Tear” - general principles of cooking
• Korzh. In the original, chocolate biscuit cake dough is prepared, but experiments and deviations from the traditional recipe are quite admissible: boldly prepare sandy, cottage cheese cakes or even use the finished product sold in stores. Also, it is not at all necessary to add cocoa powder or chocolate; a cake with white vanilla crust is also tasty.
• Cream. And here the space for fantasy is great: not focusing on the classic sour cream with sugar, use creamy, custard or cream from cheese, cottage cheese, condensed milk. Several types of cream will give the dessert even deeper flavor.
• Fruits. Ideally, use a dense, ripe banana. However, it is possible to deviate from the rules and put canned peaches, pineapples or other fruits to taste.
• Frosting. Or the final touch of any dessert. And the icing can be made from cocoa powder, chocolate, sour cream, sugar - from everything that you like best.
• Sprinkle. The finished dessert is usually decorated with walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, chocolate or coconut chips, chopped biscuit or other ingredients.
1. Cake “Elephant’s Tear”: a classic recipe
• eggs - 6 pcs .;
• granulated sugar - 250 g;
• flour - 94 g;
• cocoa - 200 g;
• hydrated soda - 10 g.
• condensed milk - 220 g;
• butter - 150 g;
• one banana.
1. Beat yolks with sugar and cocoa powder, add soda to them, quenched with vinegar. 2. In another cup, beat the whites in a stable foam and slowly mix them with the yolk mass. All thoroughly mixed.
3. Take a baking dish with a diameter of 26 cm, coat the bottom and sides with butter, pour out the dough and bake in a preheated oven at a moderate temperature.
4. Put the rolling pin on the hot biscuit cake, fold the biscuit in half and leave to cool.
5. Cooking cream: whip butter until white, without stopping the mixer, slowly pour condensed milk into it. Cooked cream is sent to the refrigerator for half an hour.
6. From the cooled biscuit take out the rolling pin, in the formed hole after the rolling pin, apply cream, in the middle we put a banana without the peel.
7. Top the cake on request, pour melted chocolate, and sprinkle the sides with chopped nuts.
2. Cake “Elephant’s Tear” honey with sour cream
For the cake:
• eggs - 3 pcs .;
• Sakh th sand - 6 tbsp. spoons;
• honey - 32 g;
• flour - 1.5 tbsp. spoons;
• cocoa - 80 g;
• soda - 30 g.
On the cream:
• preferably fat sour cream - half a liter;
• three bananas;
• powdered sugar - 2.5 tbsp. spoons.
• discharge oil - 35 g;
• cocoa - 1.5 st. spoon;
• sugar - 6 tbsp. spoons;
• starch - 2.5 tsp;
• cream - 220 g;
• water - 3 tbsp. a spoon.
1. Break eggs into the cup (it is necessary that they are not cold). To them pour sugar and carefully whip to air mass. Put the honey and whisk again.
2. In another cup mix all dry foods. Slowly pour them into the egg mass in three doses. Constantly stir to avoid lumps, from top to bottom.
3. We take a sheet of rectangular shape, spread parchment paper on it and pour the dough, leveling it on the surface.
4. Bake at 190 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Ready to pull the cake out of the oven, turn up the parchment. Cover with a soft cloth, leave for 10 minutes, and remove the parchment. 6. Wrap the rolling pin in a slightly warm cake and let it cool completely.
7. Cooking cream: lay out sour cream in a deep cup, add icing sugar and beat well, until fluffy.
1. Pour sugar, cocoa, starch into a metal cup, mix everything well. Add cream (you can sour cream). Mix well.
2. Boil the creamy mass to steam, until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. At the end put a piece of butter.
1. Cold cake we coat with cream so that in the middle of the cream there is a little more.
2. Put peeled bananas on the cream in the center.
3. We collapse the biscuit like a book, pressing down the edges, at the same time, so that there are no empty spaces inside.
4. We smear the surface of the cake with chocolate fudge and put it in the fridge for freezing.
3. Cake “Elephant’s Tear” with brandy soaking
On a biscuit:
• eggs - 6 pcs .;
• powdered sugar - 335 g;
• cocoa - 96 g;
• flour - 80 g;
• soda - 1.5 g.
• water - 2 tbsp. spoons;
• sugar - 100 g;
• cognac - 100 ml.
• powdered sugar - 250 g;
• milk - 3 tbsp. spoons;
• walnuts - 170 g;
• butter - 1.5 packs;
On the glaze:
• a small piece of butter;
• bar of chocolate without additives;
• cream - 70 g.
• three bananas.
1. Mix sifted flour with cocoa, soda.
2. Beat whites until fluffy foam. Without turning off the mixer, pour the icing sugar in several stages.
3. Continuing to beat, add one yolk, carefully stir after each.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Put the dough on a sheet lined with parchment paper, put it in a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
6. In a baked cake wrap the rolling pin and leave to cool.
7. We make the impregnation in this way: pour water into the pan, pour sugar, on a small fire, bring to a boil and remove from the fire. In the cold syrup add brandy. Instead of brandy, rum, vodka or some other alcoholic beverage will do. Cream preparation:
1. Pour milk into a metal container, bring to a boil.
2. Pour chopped nuts into milk and boil for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. While the milk is cooling, whip soft butter with powder.
5. In a few receptions in the oil, enter the milk-nut mixture. After each time carefully beat.
6. Cool the cream in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Making the icing:
1. Put the broken chocolate bar into the metal container, add a piece of butter to it.
2. Simultaneously heat the cream.
3. Mix the cream with chocolate and put it on a steam bath to kindle chocolate, with constant stirring, bring to a uniform consistency.
1. Soak the cognac soaked brandy.
2. Put all the cream on it.
3. In the middle of the hill from the cream put bananas.
4. Fold the cake in half.
5. Pour over the surface of the cake with icing and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
4. Cake “Elephant’s Tear” with nuts
For sponge cake:
• six eggs;
• Mistral brown sugar - 250 g;
• flour - 90 g;
• cocoa - 120 g;
• hydrated soda - 10 g;
• discharge oil - 1 pack;
• condensed milk - 1 jar.
• 2 bananas;
• ground walnuts.
1. Pound egg yolks with sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the proteins to a stable foam.
3. Slowly mix the yolk and protein mass, add mixed dry products (cocoa, flour, soda) to them.
4. Put the dough in the form of parchment and bake at a moderate temperature for no more than half an hour.
5. Prepare the cream: put soft butter and condensed milk in a cup, beat for half an hour. Put in the fridge.
6. Ready cake we take out their ovens, wrap a rolling pin in it and cool it.
7. Clean the banana and dip it in lemon juice so that it will not be covered with black bloom.
8. Remove the rolling pin from the cake, lubricate it with cream, put a banana on the cream, and put cream on it again. 9. Fold in half, smear the remaining cream.
10. Sprinkle the surface with nuts. Lay out banana circles.
5. Cake “Elephant's Tear”: original recipe with jam filling
On the dough:
• eggs - 6 pcs .;
• cocoa - 70 g;
• soda - 5 g;
• Mistral sugar - 200 g;
• flour - 50 g.
On the cream:
• butter - 1 pack;
• condensed milk - 230 g
For the filling: any jam
For decoration: walnuts.
1. Beat yolks from eggs to thick foam.
2. Put whipped soda, flour and cocoa into whipped yolks.
3. Beat the whites and mix them with the yolk mass, mix well.
4. We spread the finished dough in the form of parchment, put in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for half an hour.
5. Roll the hot cake in the form of a roll and let cool.
6. Unwrap the cooled biscuit, put on it a cream of whipped butter with condensed milk, smooth out.
7. On the cream put any jam (currant, apricot and more).
8. Fold in half.
9. Top the cake covered with cream, decorate with fresh berries and put in the fridge.
6. Cake “Elephant's Tear”: the easiest and fastest recipe
• sunflower oil - 50 ml;
• eggs - 4 pcs .;
• condensed milk - 230 g;
• soda - half a teaspoon;
• flour - half a glass;
• powdered sugar - 150 g;
• butter - 230 g
1. Mix soft butter with eggs and condensed milk.
2. Mix dry foods and pour into the egg-oil mixture. All carefully knead.
3. We take a baking pan, coat it with butter, spread the dough and bake for 20 minutes at a temperature not higher than 180 degrees.
4. Insert the rolling pin into the baked biscuit and roll it up in the form of a roll, leave to cool.
5. Cold cake is unwound, we grease it with a large portion of cream (butter, whipped with condensed milk will be suitable as cream).
6. Put banana on cream, sprinkle with powder. 7. On the surface of the cake lay out the halves of the walnut.
Cake “Elephant's Tear” - useful tips
• When adding baking powder to the dough, for better results, do not forget to sift it with flour.
• To make the cake a success, make sure that all the ingredients for its preparation are at the same temperature. Take care of this in advance and remove the products 2-3 hours before the process begins.
• It is easy to check the readiness of the biscuit: you can pierce it with a skewer or a toothpick or simply press it with your finger: if the product is ready, it will restore its original appearance, the still under-baked cake will have a fossa.
• Cakes will not burn and bake evenly, if you set the baking form in the middle of the oven, and set the container down with water.
• To keep the final dressing and not to crumble, sprinkle the ready cake until the icing solidifies.
• In order for the icing to lie well on top of the cake, it must be cooled, not frozen.
• Do not rush to clean the ready-made cake “Elephant's Tear” in the refrigerator, leave it for a couple of hours at room temperature, and then put it in the cold for several hours: this way the cake will be better soaked and the dessert will turn out tastier and juicier.