Coconut milk is not only a healthy and diet drink.
On the basis of this product you can prepare a lot of original dishes, desserts and even pastries.
But special interest are soups based on coconut milk. They have an original taste and unusual flavor.
Pleased households exotic dish?
Coconut Soup - General Cooking Principles
Coconut soups will need milk. It can be extracted from the nut yourself. To do this, a hole is punched, and the contents are poured into a bowl. But it is much easier and more profitable to buy ready-made coconut milk, which is sold in bottles or bags. Due to sterilization and special packaging, the shelf life of the product is large.
General principle of cooking coconut soup:
1. Cooked broth. It can be vegetable, meat, fish or seafood.
2. Grains, various vegetables are added. The soup is salting.
3. Pouring coconut milk.
4. The dish is seasoned with spices, herbs and greens.
The origin of coconut soup is obliged to Asian and African countries, this explains the use of a large number of spices.
At the same time from 3 to 15 spices can be put into the dish. Asians also have a great love for greenery, especially cilantro greens and lemon tree leaves are popular. But if you wish, you can replace them with parsley, dill, green onions, which are familiar to us.
Sweet soups are prepared a little differently. Usually milk is diluted with water, already boiled cereals or small pasta are laid. Dried or fresh fruits, berries, sweet syrups, chocolate and ready-made desserts can also be used. Sugar, vanilla, cinnamon is used as a dressing.
Recipe 1: Coconut Milk Soup and Pumpkin
To prepare a warming and fragrant soup with coconut milk it will take a ripe pumpkin and quite a bit of time. Vegetarian recipe, but you can use beef broth.
• 800 grams of pumpkin; • 1 shallot;
• 350 grams of coconut milk;
• 400 ml of any broth or just water;
• 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (peeled);
• a piece of ginger, the size of a nut;
• pepper, salt;
• fresh greens.
1. Clean the pumpkin from the skins and entrails, cut into cubes and put in a saucepan. Pour broth (water) and boil for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the ginger finely, send it to the saucepan. Fans of spicy can add a chopped piece of chili.
3. Cut the onion, fry in oil until transparent. Sent to the soup.
4. After the onions, in the same pan fry pumpkin seeds. We spread in the soup, salt, pepper.
5. Add coconut milk, boil for 5 minutes.
6. We fill with chopped greens and you can enjoy the extraordinary coconut soup!
Recipe 2: Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
The recipe for the most popular Thai dishes, which can often be found in restaurants. For the preparation of coconut soup will need shrimp, it is better to take small ones.
For broth used chicken fillet. The dish is quite spicy, but if you want you can reduce the number of spices.
• 300 grams of chicken fillet;
• 250 grams of shrimp;
• 200 grams of coconut milk;
• 100 grams of vermicelli;
• garlic clove;
• 2 spoons of pine nuts;
• one chili pepper;
• some oil;
• greens for feeding;
• salt, ginger, coriander.
1. Cook the broth. To do this, place the fillet in cold water, boil an hour. If there is no time, then you can cut it into pieces, get ready quickly. Do not forget to remove the formed foam.
2. Cut the hot pepper. You can take red or green, but ideally used for half of the different pods. Fold into the bowl of the blender.
3. Cut the ginger into random slices, send to hot pepper. There we put garlic, coriander.
4. Remove the zest from the lime, squeeze the juice and send to the blender. All together we grind. It should make fragrant pasta.
5. Boil vermicelli in a separate pan.
6. Take out the chicken, cool it and cut it into arbitrary pieces.
7. Add coconut milk, salt to the broth and boil the peeled shrimps for 3 minutes. Pour chopped chicken. 8. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the aromatic mixture that has just been rolled in a blender.
9. Put the roast in the soup, mix and turn off.
10. Arrange the noodles on plates. Fill the prawn chicken soup and decorate with greens.
Recipe 3: Soup with Coconut Milk and Salmon
This coconut soup will require a good slice of fresh salmon, as well as noodles. You can use ordinary pasta made from durum wheat, or take rice noodles. Cooking time in this case will be different.
• 400 grams of coconut milk;
• 150 grams of noodles;
• 600 grams of salmon;
• 2 tablespoons cilantro;
• 10 grams of ginger;
• 2 bulbs;
• garlic clove;
• spoon of curry;
1. Chop finely chili pepper, ginger and garlic.
2. Shred the onion with thin half-rings. Fry in a pan until golden brown. It is better to use olive oil. At the end lay out the chopped pieces of ginger with pepper and garlic, add curry. Fry together for a minute.
3. Cut the salmon into small cubes, fill it with water so that it covers the fish 2 cm, and boil until done.
4. Pour milk into the saucepan with the soup, add salt. Bring to a boil.
5. Separately boil noodles. If you are preparing a rice product, you can simply pour boiling water for a minute. Spoon the plates.
6. Add the contents of the pan to the soup. Stir and boil for another minute. We refuel chopped cilantro.
7. Fill the noodle plates with soup, serve.
Recipe 4: Sweet Coconut Soup
A wonderful recipe for a soup with coconut milk, which will appreciate all the sweet tooth, as well as people with lactose intolerance.
• 500 grams of coconut milk;
• 300 ml of water;
• 70 grams of rice;
• 70 grams of dried apricots;
• 70 grams of raisins;
• sugar and vanilla to taste.
1. Boil rice until cooked, but so that the grains do not boil soft. Rinse with cold water, wring out.
2. Put the washed raisins in a bowl, fill it with hot water. Do the same with dried apricots. Let stand 15 minutes, then squeeze the dried fruits. Dried apricots cut into strips. 3. Put the saucepan on the stove, pour coconut milk and water. Add sugar. Bring to a boil.
4. Add boiled rice, boil again.
5. Put the raisins with dried apricots. To taste, you can add vanilla. After boiling immediately turn off.
6. Spill coconut soup on plates, sprinkle with chopped nuts. For greater flavor, they can be pre-fry.
Recipe 5: Light coconut soup with mushrooms, tomatoes and chicken
Exotic taste and fresh aroma merged together. For the preparation of this soup with coconut milk we will use fresh champignons and chicken breast.
• 200 grams of coconut milk;
• 250 grams of chicken;
• 200 grams of champignons;
• 100 grams of rice;
• liter of broth;
• 200 grams of cherry tomatoes;
• hot peppers;
• cilantro greens.
1. Heat the broth, add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
2. Put the chicken pieces in the pan. It is better to immediately cut the fillet into small cubes. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the sliced champignons. Cook another 5 minutes.
4. We lay out the washed rice and chopped hot peppers. Cook almost until the cereal is ready, but so that it does not boil soft.
5. Salt the soup, add the tomatoes cut into quarters, let the soup boil for 3 minutes over low heat.
6. Fill with minced cilantro.
Recipe 6: Sweet soup with coconut milk and amanatto
Amanatto or sweet beans is a traditional Japanese delicacy, which is balls made from syrup and bean paste. They are used in pure form, and are also used in various desserts and baked goods. Ideally, machcha sauce is based on green tea, but we will simplify the technology.
• 300 grams of coconut milk;
• 20 grams of amanatto;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 50 ml of strong green tea.
1. Put coconut milk on the stove. Add freshly brewed green tea and sugar. Bring to a boil.
2. Add amanatto and turn it off. Serve hot and cold.
Recipe 7: Coconut Chicken Soup
For the preparation of this soup will use chicken wings. With them the dish turns out more rich, broth with fat. If you want to get a dietary meal, then you can take a chicken breast. In this case, the cooking time of the broth must be cut in half so that the white meat does not become tough.
• 6 wings;
• 1.3 liters of water, you can take any broth;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• a piece of ginger;
• 50 grams of vermicelli;
• 180 grams of coconut milk;
• green onions;
• salt, coriander.
1. Fill the chicken wings with water, put on the stove. Add chopped ginger and cook for 20 minutes. When boiling we remove foam. We take out the wings, filter the broth and return the chicken back. We put again on the stove.
2. We cut the Bulgarian pepper finely, throw it into the pan. Cook a couple of minutes.
3. Add coconut milk.
4. After boiling, put the noodles, mix well.
5. Add the finely chopped green onions, ground coriander and turn off the tile. Give the coconut soup to stand for 10 minutes, and immediately serve to the table.
Recipe 8: Spicy soup with coconut milk, chickpeas and curry
African recipe for coconut soup, exotic and very satisfying. And so that the preparation does not take too long, it is recommended to soak the chickpeas in water at room temperature, preferably overnight.
• glass of chickpea;
• 400 grams of coconut milk;
• 100 grams of brown rice;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 1 teaspoon curry;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• salt, hot pepper.
1. Swollen chickpeas pour three parts of water and boil until soft.
2. Add the washed rice and cook almost until ready. Salt the soup.
3. Finely chop the onion, fry in a frying pan. Add chopped peppers, cook together until soft.
4. Cut the tomatoes into cubes and send them to the rest of the vegetables in a frying pan. If desired, remove the skin. Fry for 5 minutes.
5. Pour coconut milk into the pan, add curry and hot pepper (optional), warm up for a minute.
6. Adjust the amount of water in the pan with rice and chickpeas. If it is too much, then you can cast. And if you add a little. Adjust the thickness of the soup to your taste. 7. We shift the contents of the pan to the pan, cook together for 3 minutes after boiling. If necessary, add more salt.
8. Spill the soup in plates, fill with chopped garlic, you can add any greens.
Coconut Soup - Tips and Tricks
• Coconut milk does not like long boiling and active boiling. Therefore, add this ingredient at the end of cooking the first dish. The exception is quick and sweet coconut soups, which are rarely cooked for more than a quarter of an hour. Milk can be poured into them immediately, since it is often the basis.
• Spicy foods go to most coconut soups: ginger, different types of pepper, and garlic. But if you wish, they can always be eliminated or cut the number. And so that the flavor of the dish does not suffer, look for a substitute for them, for example, curry, coriander, sweet paprika and all kinds of greens.
• To make the soup beautiful, the vegetables are not boiled soft and do not become a porridge, you should not allow the dish to boil actively. It is better to cook at minimum heat. But you need to bring to a boil on the largest mode, so that the products do not have time to limp. For the same reason, each new ingredient is laid after the boiling of the previous one.
• When serving, coconut soups can be filled with sauces, mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard. And with sweet dishes, grated chocolate, syrups, jam and aromatic cinnamon are wonderfully combined.