Patties with cabbage - not only tasty, but also economical. Vegetable is available absolutely all year round and, as a rule, stands quite symbolically. Cabbage filling is prepared mainly from fresh cabbage, options with fermented stuffing - an amateur.
The article selected the most popular options for topping fresh cabbage pies in the oven. In step-by-step recipes, recommendations are given on how to make yeast dough for pies on a dough and a simpler, bland, which is kneaded on water in a matter of minutes. Recommended fillings can be combined with any kind of dough.
Technological principles for cooking cabbage pies in the oven using step-by-step recipes
• You can bake pies with cabbage from any dough. The most popular is airy baked yeast. Cooking such a dough is quite laborious and time consuming process. There are options for easier dough for cabbage pies - on water, without rippers and eggs. Such pies are popular in Moldavian cuisine, they are called “Varzare”. You can use your favorite recipe dough as a basis or use the express method by purchasing ready-made semi-finished puff pastry or yeast dough.
• Stuffing for pies often cooked from fresh cabbage, squirrel varieties. Options for replacing fresh vegetable with pickled ones are not excluded, but this is a matter of taste. If you cook for the first time, stop at the pies stuffed with fresh cabbage.
• The best choice would be late varieties of the white-squirrel. The forks should be white, it is from such a cabbage that the filling will be juicy. Cabbage melenko shred or twist in a meat grinder, depending on the type of filling. If the cabbage has to be stewed, it is better to chop it finely, damp, so that it is well steamed, chop up with a meat grinder, but if there is a wooden trough with a chopper, it is advisable to use them.
• Bake pies on a baking sheet, the bottom of which is rubbed with vegetable oil. In order for the baked yeast to retain its shape and the cakes do not fall apart, the products are laid down with a seam. Before placing them in the oven should be moistened with a beaten egg for a pleasant shine and better blush. • Any baking is placed exclusively in a preheated oven. You can not put a pan with pies in a cold oven, be sure to bring the temperature to the recommended.
Airy pies with cabbage in the oven: a step-by-step recipe for yeast dough
Air baking is not achieved without yeast. The proposed recipe involves the use of dry high-speed yeast, but if desired, they are completely interchangeable with fresh. Sponge in this case is prepared by the same method, only fresh yeast must first be crumbled with your fingers and grind with the same amount of sugar.
• kilogram of wheat flour;
• one and a half cup of medium-fat milk;
• 1.5 tablespoons of fast-acting yeast;
• glass of water;
• spoonful of sugar;
• two selected eggs;
• lean, well-purified oil - 100 ml;
• spoon of evaporated salt.
In the filling:
• two onions;
• kilogram of white cabbage;
• a quarter pack of oil.
• large chicken egg.
1. First, knead the yeast dough, it needs some time to rise. Cabbage filling will do, while the dough will be parted. All products necessary for kneading should be brought to the same temperature, therefore, they must be laid out in advance from the refrigerator and left on the table for at least an hour.
2. Cooking brew. Mix the sugar with yeast in a bowl, add half a glass of pre-heated water and mix thoroughly. Piping 2 spoons of the sifted flour, mix well up to the density of liquid sour cream. Cover the bowl with a cloth and set for half an hour in the heat. How quickly and well the dough will rise, and later the dough, depends on the quality of the yeast, and on the temperature of the liquid. It is unacceptable to dilute and later add to the dough too warm or, conversely, cold liquid. Water or milk should be heated to a temperature not lower than 38, and not higher than 41 degrees. Hot liquid will destroy the yeast bacteria, and the cold will not be able to activate them - the dough will not rise anyway.
3. Check the bruise. When using high-quality yeast and keeping the temperature, after a quarter of an hour the surface will begin to bubble intensively, and after half an hour it is guaranteed to rise with a froth, increasing approximately twice in volume. If this does not happen, we repeat the procedure and preferably with new yeast, with a positive result, proceed to the preparation of the test. 4. Pour the eggs into a deep, spacious bowl and put salt in, stir well with a fork or a whisk. Beat up the foam is not necessary, our task is to prepare a homogeneous egg mass. Pour warm milk to the eggs and the same temperature of water, the remaining 100 ml, add vegetable oil and, stirring well, bring to homogeneity. Combine the prepared liquid base with the brew, re-stir and begin to gradually fill the flour, achieving homogeneity of the dough. We spread it on a greased table, wrap hands. As soon as it acquires softness and becomes plastic, we roll it with a ball and put it back into a bowl. Cover with a cloth, put in the heat. Yeast dough does not like drafts, be sure to make sure that they are not in the room. For reliability, wrap a bowl with a blanket.
5. After an hour, the dough must be checked, by which time it should rise well. We crush hands and leave to warm for another hour.
6. The filling should begin to cook immediately after the dough has been set on the dough. Cabbage must have time to put out and cool well before the dough rises again.
7. Thin and not long shred cabbage. Melenko crumble onions, and, pouring oil into a deep stewpan, we spread it into it. Fry on low heat, stirring occasionally. As soon as the onion slices lose their haze and become almost transparent, we lay out the cabbage and leave it under the lid. Simmer, lowering the heat, just over an hour, softening the cabbage well. At the end add some salt, put and stir the butter, cool. You can pepper to taste.
8. Form the patties. Separate some of the dough, and cut it into small balls. Then, alternately of each, with our hands we shape the cakes in such a way that the edges are thinner than the middle. We spread in the center no more than a spoonful of cold cabbage filling and, tightly pressing it with our fingertips, we pinch the edges. Give the product the shape of a pie, lay it seam down on the oiled baking sheet. Covering with a linen towel, let it stand for a quarter of an hour near the warming oven.
9. Lubricate the surface of the distance cabbage patties with a beaten egg, put the baking tray in the oven. We bake, warming up the oven to the recommended 180 degrees, about 25 minutes.
Simple patties with cabbage in the oven: a step-by-step recipe from unleavened dough
When there is not enough time for long efforts, the step-by-step recipe for pies with cabbage in an oven made from unleavened dough can help out more than ever. The dough is kneaded in minutes, does not take time to rise. Preparation must begin with kneading the dough so that it has time to rest until it is ready and cool the filling.
• two glasses of high-quality white flour;
• half a glass of water;
• refined oil - 0.5 cups;
• half a spoonful of salt.
• cabbage, fresh - 300 gr .;
• small carrot;
• half a cup of tomato juice or tomato paste diluted with water.
1. Cooking unleavened dough. Pour cool water into a bowl, dissolve salt in it. Then pour and stir well the oil. After pouring out the third part of the peeled flour into the bowl, mix it thoroughly with the liquid base. Having a homogeneous mass, pour the remaining flour in small portions, stirring it just as well. Turning to the manual batch, interfere with the remnants of flour. We crush hands to plasticity test. Cover with linen napkin, leave on the table for at least half an hour. The test must stand, during which time it will become softer and more elastic.
2. While the fresh dough is resting, we are engaged in cabbage filling. Carrot rubbed large, lay out in a spacious bowl. Shred cabbage to it, add half a spoonful of salt and stir it thoroughly, pressing it with your hands slightly. Pour the tomato to the cabbage, mix, put in a thick-walled pan or cauldron. Stew at moderate temperature until soft and cool.
3. When the filling is well cooled, proceed to the formation of pies. We cut the dough into eight balls of the same size, roll them into rectangular layers, up to 5 mm thick. On one of the wider sides, put the filling so that from each edge there is 2 cm of empty dough left. Having bent a sidewall on a stuffing, we turn a pie in the form of a roll.
4. Bake patties at 180 degrees for about twenty minutes, until the top is well reddened. If before baking to smear the patties with a loose egg, their top will become very appetizing.
Cooking stuffing for cabbage pies in the oven: a step-by-step recipe with an egg
Perhaps the most common filling of yeast pies with cabbage in the oven. Step-by-step recipe describes in detail how the stuffing is prepared from fresh cabbage without a long heat treatment. To cabbage in the pies did not get raw, it needs to be crushed. Vstar used for this hoe, we will twist in a meat grinder.
• a small fork of the whitewash, about a kilogram in weight;
• four large boiled eggs;
• 40 grams of sweet cream butter.
1. We cut the cabbage coarsely, grind it twice with a meat grinder and withstand it a little.
2. Boiled eggs cut into slices, the smaller, the better.
3. Squeeze excess juice from cabbage and mix it with eggs, add some salt to taste and mix well so that the products are evenly distributed.
4. We place butter in a small saucepan, melt it, setting the minimum heat. Pour the liquid fat to the cabbage filling and carefully stir it.
Stuffing for cabbage pies in the oven: a step-by-step recipe with dried mushrooms
Another version of the filling for baked cabbage pies in the oven. In this step-by-step recipe, fresh cabbage is boiled, minced with a meat grinder and lightly fried in butter with onions and mushrooms. According to the recipe, dried mushrooms are recommended, but they can be replaced with mushrooms or fresh wild mushrooms.
• a pound of juicy fresh cabbage;
• 5 pieces. large dried forest mushrooms;
• two boiled hard-boiled eggs;
• three spoons of milk;
• large onion;
• creamy “Traditional” butter - 50 gr.
1. After washing and inspecting the mushrooms, leave in cool running water for an hour. Re-wash and boil until soft, recline on a colander and drain but do not discard all liquid. Instead of dried mushrooms, you can take fresh forest mushrooms or mushrooms. The filling will not so fragrant, but no less tasty. Fresh forest mushrooms after washing, boil until ready for about half an hour, mushrooms half of that time is sufficient.
2. Cabbage, cut large, fill with water and milk, cook until soft. Then cool and squeeze well hands. 3. We collect the meat grinder, we adjust it on average crushing - we establish a lattice with small openings. We twist boiled cabbage and mushrooms, small chop the onions and eggs.
4. Onions spread in a pan with melted butter, fry until a pleasant golden color. Add the cabbage mince, lay out the mushrooms and eggs, add and mix. After warming the filling over low heat for five minutes, cool well.
Technology of baking patties with cabbage in the oven using step-by-step recipes - tips and professional recommendations
• In addition to fresh cabbage, pickled will do as well, but only if the filling needs to be stewed beforehand.
• Sauerkraut should be tried, too sour will require soaking. To this end, it is poured with water and left for half an hour, then carefully squeezed. Sour cabbage can not be put in the stuffing without first extinguishing, it will be tough.
• Dry yeast used in the step-by-step recipe of airy pies with cabbage in the oven, replaceable with fresh yeast. In order to accurately determine their quantity, carefully read the recommendations on the package, usually there it is indicated how much flour the serving portion is intended for.