Ginger gives the fish a unique flavor, turning it into an exquisite delicacy. Cod in ginger marinade will decorate the table, such dishes offer their customers even expensive restaurants with a Michelin star. Most often, this snack is attributed to Japanese cuisine, but it is also prepared in other countries in the Far East and Asia, albeit according to different recipes. Its cooking options are a little similar to each other; only two main ingredients can be common in them - cod fillet and ginger. But whatever recipe you choose, the taste of the finished dish will pleasantly surprise you.
Cooking cod in ginger marinade is not complicated, but the recipe and technology must be followed exactly, otherwise the result may not be exactly what you expect. The cooking process will vary depending on the selected recipe, but there are a few general points that should be considered in any case.
- For the preparation of cod in ginger marinade most often fillets are used. If you do not have the skills of primary processing and cutting of fish, it is better to acquire fillets, and not steaks or carcasses of fish.
- Do not thaw fish in the microwave. Warm water is not suitable for this either. Due to the sharp temperature drop, the structure of the protein, which is abundant in fish, is disturbed, the cod fillet becomes loose, loses juiciness during cooking. Give the product to thaw in the refrigerator, then the dish you get juicy and tasty.
- When marinating cod, periodically mix the composition so that the ginger marinade is soaked evenly.
- Cod does not require long-term heat treatment; if cooking time is exceeded, it can become hard and unpleasant to taste. Cook the fish exactly as much as indicated in the selected recipe.
When serving cod in ginger marinade, it is advisable to decorate it with fresh herbs. It can be added with sweet and sour or tart sauce.
Cod in ginger pickle in Japanese
- cod fillets - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- ginger root - 30 g;
- breadcrumbs - 40 g;
- sesame oil - 60 ml;
- sesame seeds - 20 g;
- corn oil - 20 ml;
- fresh dill - 15 g;
- allspice - 3 pcs .;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel and chop the ginger root with a grater or blender.
- Pea peppers allspice ceiling in a mortar or grind using a special mill.
- Mix ginger and pepper with sesame oil, add salt to taste. Add dill sprigs, not chopping them into small pieces.
- Rinse cod fillets, pat dry. Cut into small pieces and mix with marinade.
- After 20 minutes, continue cooking. To do this, put the crackers in one plate, sesame seeds - in another. In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Heat corn or any other vegetable oil in a pan.
- When removing the fillet pieces from the marinade, roll them in breadcrumbs, then in the egg, then in the sesame seeds. Spread in preheated oil.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally or gently stirring its contents.
Serve codfish cooked according to this recipe as an independent dish. To him, it is desirable to offer pickled ginger, soy sauce. Not be superfluous on the table and wasabi.
Cod in Chinese Ginger Sauce
- cod fillets - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 60 ml;
- soy sauce - 0, 3 l;
- sugar - 15 g;
- green onions - 100 g;
- ginger root - 60 g;
- egg white - from 4 eggs;
- chicken broth - 40 ml;
- asparagus - 10 g;
- scallop - 20 g;
- starch - 2-3 g;
- honey - 5 ml;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- Fresh green basil or parsley - for decoration.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the cod fillet into large portions. From the specified in the recipe number of ingredients should get 2-3 servings.
- In a deep bowl, mix soy sauce, diluted with water, and sugar.
- Cut ginger into thin slices, cut green onions into about 10 cm pieces.
- Put ginger and onion in the sauce.
- Place cod fillet in the sauce, leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Put the cod pieces on the oven grate, oiled. Place a pan under it.
- Roast cod in the oven for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the pieces.
- Pour butter into the pan, fry chicken eggs on it for 2-3 minutes.
- Put fried squirrels in a colander, pour boiling water to remove excess oil. Let the water flow out.
- Chop asparagus and scallops finely. Fry them lightly in butter, then pour broth to them, add starch in a minute, stir. After a minute, when the sauce thickens, remove it from the heat.
- Divide protein by the number of servings. Arrange on plates.
- Cover the white with a sauce of asparagus and scallops.
- Lay the cod pieces on top.
- Pour melted cod with honey into a liquid state.
When serving, the dish can be decorated with fresh herbs, a piece of lemon, and sauce. This dish will decorate the holiday table, a skillful hostess will collect a lot of compliments.
Cod in ginger sauce with persimmon
- cod fillets - 1 kg;
- persimmon - 0, 2 kg;
- ginger powder - 5 g;
- soy sauce - 60 ml;
- seasonings for fish - 5 g;
- garlic - 1 clove.
Method of preparation:
- Cod fillet cut into portions.
- Mix 50 ml of soy sauce with the same amount of olive oil, add the fish seasoning and ginger powder to this mixture.
- Marinate cod in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Lubricate the remaining butter form, put the fish in it.
- Peel the persimmon, cut it into small pieces and place on the fish.
- Place the form in an oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the persimmon, put it in the blender bowl. Add the garlic passed through the press, the remaining soy sauce, whisk.
- When serving, coat cod with persimmon sauce.
The dish made according to this recipe looks bright and tasty. The same principle can be used to cook cod steaks, but in this case, the time of pickling and baking should be doubled.
Cod in ginger marinade has a unique taste. This dish is worthy of a festive table.