Cauliflower refers to those vegetables that are shown to absolutely everyone. Unless patients with gout need to eat it with caution because of the large number of purines.
Due to its nutritional properties and easily digestible proteins, cauliflower is an indispensable vegetable in dietary, children's and health food.
Cauliflower with its delicate flavor and light, unobtrusive aroma is perfect for white poultry meat, mushrooms, fish. It can also be served as a separate dish in boiled, fried and baked form.
It goes well with eggs, cheese, milk sauces. It is very rarely cooked with tomatoes and bell peppers. But such vegetables as carrots, green beans, green peas, onions, zucchini, make a dish of cauliflower richer and more appetizing.
Its delicate taste is not recommended to interrupt with strongly smelling spices. Garlic, bay leaf, black pepper, cumin, dill or parsley can be added to add spice.
Cauliflower baked with cheese is perhaps the most common and loved by many dish.
How to choose cauliflower
- Cauliflower forks should be framed with green leaves (or leaf debris) with no signs of decay.
- Inflorescences are usually collected in dense kochanchiki. There are varieties with dark purple buds, but most often the surface of this cabbage is light. If the head has a darkish tint that does not match the variety, then it may have been kept in the light, and this adversely affects the taste of the cabbage: it becomes bitter.
- Healthy cauliflower should not have rotten and darkened places. The head must be tight and elastic.
How to prepare cauliflower for baking
- Cauliflower is sometimes damaged by caterpillars and other insects. To get rid of them, immerse the plugs in a container with salted cold water. 40 g of salt will be quite enough for a liter of water, so that in 15-17 minutes uninvited guests leave the temporary shelter.
- In cabbage, cut the stalk together with the leaves, disassemble it into florets. Cut off their hard bases, which can later be boiled and used to make soup.
- To preserve most of the vitamins and nutrients, cook the cauliflower in a small amount of salted water for no more than five minutes.
- Before cooking, hold the cauliflower in cold water with salt, and then it will retain its white color.
- Boil in milk will help to improve the taste of cabbage.
- Freshly boiled inflorescences should be immediately cooled under cold running water. So you save their color and shape.
- Cauliflower can be baked not only with cheese, but also with the addition of mushrooms, meat and vegetables.
- To bond the inflorescences to each other, use eggs that are whipped with sour cream, milk or mayonnaise, bechamel sauce or cheese sauce.
- Cauliflower with cheese can be cooked in the form of a casserole, baked in batter or ground breadcrumbs.
And now - recipes, among which you will undoubtedly choose the one that suits you.
Cauliflower baked with cheese and onions in the oven
- cauliflower - 0, 8 kg;
- butter - 40 g;
- onions - 200 g;
- flour - 45 g;
- milk - 140 ml;
- cheese - 130 g;
- black pepper;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- Disperse the cabbage into separate florets, boil, quickly cool.
- Chop onions, fry in butter until light yellow. Put the flour, mix.
- Pour milk in a thin stream, not forgetting to stir the mixture intensively. Put the bay leaf, salt and pepper. Boil the sauce for 1-2 minutes. Bay leaf remove.
- Grate cheese.
- Combine the sauce with the cabbage. Add half the cheese. Stir.
- Grease a lot of oil. Spread the cabbage evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put the oven in a preheated 200 ° and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown appears. Serve hot.
Cauliflower baked with cheese and cream in the oven
- cauliflower - 600 g;
- cream - 180 ml;
- butter - 50 g;
- cheese - 120 g;
- yolk - 2 pcs .;
- lemon juice - 20 ml.
- Wash cabbage, disassemble into inflorescences. Boil in salted water. Put in a colander, quickly cool.
- Fold in a greased form. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a cup, beat the raw yolks with salt and pepper. Mix with cream. Pour this mixture over cabbage.
- Rub the cheese on a medium grater, cover the cabbage with it. Place thin slices of butter on top of the cheese.
- Put the form in the oven. Bake at 210 ° for 20 minutes.
Cauliflower baked with cheese and mushrooms in the oven
- cauliflower - 800 g;
- fresh mushrooms - 400 g;
- cheese - 120 g;
- onions (middle head) - 1 pc .;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- sour cream - 180 g;
- ground crackers - 50 g;
- chopped parsley.
- Boil the cabbage disassembled into cabbage in salted water, put in a colander, cool.
- Wash mushrooms. When the water drains, cut the plates. Onion cut into half rings.
- Fry the mushrooms with onions in oil.
- Grease the form, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Lay out half the cabbage. Place mushrooms and onions on top of it. Cover them with the remaining cabbage.
- Fill the cabbage with sour cream, add a thin layer of crackers and then grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cauliflower baked with cheese and zucchini in the oven
- cauliflower - 500 g;
- cheese - 100 g;
- zucchini zucchini - 500 g;
- flour - 1 tbsp. l .;
- milk - 3/4 century;
- eggs - 3 pcs .;
- butter - 60 g;
- black pepper.
- Disperse the cabbage into florets, boil and cool.
- Squash cutlets with skin. Sprinkle with salt, roll in flour (one spoon is required). Fry in butter.
- Cook the milk sauce. To do this, put a spoonful of butter in the pan, fry the flour on it. Cool it down. Dilute with milk. Put on a small fire. Constantly stirring, boil to the density you need.
- Grease the form. Put cabbage with zucchini. Pour the sauce.
- Grate cheese. Cover with an even layer of vegetables.
- Put in the oven. Bake at 200 ° for 17-20 minutes.
Mistress to note
Cauliflower is also good in batter. To do this, prepare a watery dough (like fritters) according to your favorite recipe. Boil and cool the cabbage disassembled into large inflorescences. Each portion of cabbage dipped in batter, put on a baking sheet, covered with foil. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in the oven until golden brown, setting a temperature of 200 degrees.