Fruit has only one drawback - it is a seasonal product. And if some of the species and can be stored until the next season, it already raises questions about what they are processed. Therefore, you need to make the most of the time when the fruit is fresh, and in the winter to prepare them in dried form or canned.
Grapes make excellent compotes. They can be prepared very saturated to maximize the use of canning, or rolled into jars ready for use.
The principle of cooking compote does not depend on the grape variety, but it determines the final taste and color of the drink.
- black grapes - 0, 5 kg .;
- sugar - 150 g .;
Grape compote for the winter: cooking recipe
1. Prepare the right ingredients. Grapes choose black large varieties, sweet and preferably seedless. Carefully wash the clusters.
2. We remove and sort out the grapes, remove the rotten ones, eliminate the twigs. Boil water with sugar (syrup) in a saucepan, and put berries in it. Cook compote for 1-2 minutes.
3. Compote cans are pre-sterilized. Fill compote in banks give insist half an hour.
4. Tightly roll up the jars with sterilized lids, turn over the jars and let stand for several hours.
5. Compote should be a ruby color. Banks can be removed for the winter in a cool place or stored for several months in the refrigerator.