What cake can be without thick, shaped and fragrant cream? Right! No! It will turn out to be dry, ugly, the layer will drain on the dish. Thick cream will be a wonderful filling and decoration of even the most modest cake layer, but how to prepare it?
Thick cream for the cake - the general principles of cooking
All creams and fillings for desserts are prepared on the basis of dairy products. It is important to remember that the taste and the consistency of the cream will depend on their quality. Therefore you should not take liquid condensed milk or sour cream, nothing good will come of it.
General principles of making thick creams:
• The easiest way to make cream for cake thicker is to use a special thickener. It is sold in stores, used in each case according to the attached instructions.
• All cream products must be oily. Milk not less than 3%, butter 65%, better than 70%, whipping cream from 33%. With sour cream more difficult, it can be thick at 25%, and sometimes liquid.
• Sugar and powder are replaced by each other, but you need to navigate not by volume, but by weight, as the density of the products is different.
• Cocoa before adding to the cream must be sifted to get rid of lumps. Grind with sugar before adding the liquid, if the cream is scalded.
• Nuts should be roasted before putting them into cream, otherwise they will become slack and tasteless.
It is equally important to observe the temperature regime. Dairy products in the heat become liquid, it is difficult to work with them, they are not whipped to foam. Oil, on the contrary, before beating and adding to the cream should be held at room temperature, so that it softens.
How to make a thick cream cake with cream and chocolate
The cream in itself is tasty, but very capricious. When adding sugar and other additional ingredients, the mass becomes thinner, keeps its shape poorly. The best way to make a thick butter cream cake is to add chocolate. Ingredients
• 350 ml of cream with fat content of 33%;
• 100 g chocolate;
• 6 tablespoons of powder;
• vanilla extract.
1. Put a saucepan with water for a water bath. In a smaller saucepan, pour 2-3, spoons of cream and chopped chocolate. It is better to take dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, at least 60%.
2. Pour the rest of the cream into a bowl, whip until fluffy foam.
3. Only after that we begin to add icing sugar. Pour in small portions, well interrupted.
4. Remove melted chocolate from water bath and cool it, it should be warm, but not hot.
5. The mixer is switched to the smallest revolutions, we begin to slowly add some chocolate cream and stir.
6. Add the vanilla. But you can pour a little brandy or liquor, just one spoon. Done!
7. Put the cream in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, then use it to lubricate the cake layers and decorate cakes and pastries.
How to make a cream for the cake thicker than gelatin
This option is suitable absolutely for any cream cooked on condensed milk, cream, proteins. Choux can also be thickened. Take any gelatin, instant or normal, there won't be much difference.
• 800 g of cream;
• 10 g of gelatin;
• 50 ml of water.
1. Combine gelatin with water. You can take whole milk, coffee or cocoa if they match the taste of the cream. Just not everyone likes to use ordinary water in the fillings. Soak gelatin at the time indicated on the package.
2. Put the bowl with the dissolved gelatin in hot water, stir until the mass is completely diluted, but do not overheat. From the heat, the cream is further diluted.
3. We lower the mixer or the usual whisk into the cream, add the gelatin in a thin stream and whisk.
4. Now you need to put the cream in the refrigerator, but watch it carefully. As soon as it begins to thicken, you need to remove and lubricate the cake, decorate. If the cream hardens, then it will be more difficult to do.
Thick Charlotte Cake Cream
Variant of rich and thick cream for the cake, which is made from proteins. Also need eggs and fatty milk, it is desirable to use 4%. Ingredients
• 200 ml of milk;
• 360 g of sugar;
• 2 eggs;
• 400 g of good oil.
1. The yolks should be separated, put into a bowl, add granulated sugar. Stir. Proteins are not useful, you can make meringue or any other dish from them.
2. Pour in milk, mix again.
3. Put on the stove and boil the milk syrup. As soon as it begins to resemble condensed milk by consistency, we immediately remove it from the fire. Cooling down. You can put in a basin with cold water, it will be faster.
4. Put the softened butter in a bowl. Immerse the mixer, beat until fluffy for at least 10 minutes.
5. After that, add a spoonful of brewed milk, whip on, put another spoon, and so on, until the syrup is over.
How to make a thick cream cream cake from sour cream
Sour cream recipes often require a fat, thick product. But it is difficult to find it in stores, or the cost is staggering. In fact, there is a very simple way to make a thick cream for a cake of sour cream 20-25% fat.
• 1 kg sour cream;
• 150 g of powder;
• fillers: vanilla, cocoa, coffee, liquor.
You will also need gauze or cotton thin fabric.
1. We put in a colander 4 layers of gauze. Attention! If it is rare, then we make 6-8 layers, as the quality of modern gauze is different. You can take a thin fabric.
2. We spread the sour cream on the fabric, we connect the ends of the gauze to make a knot. Suspend it, leave it to separate the serum, be sure to substitute a vessel to collect excess fluid.
3. After 3-4 hours, the sour cream will become much thicker, you can leave it for the whole night. The result is a mass resembling cream cheese in consistency.
4. We shift the weighed sour cream in a bowl, start to beat and add icing sugar. Sand is better not to use.
5. At the end, put the ingredients for flavor and flavor. They can be any, but appropriate to the dessert.
How to make cream for cake thicker using cocoa
A wonderful way to make cream for a cake is thicker if there is nothing on hand except cocoa powder. It absorbs moisture well, but you need to add it to the cream correctly. Cocoa can be added to absolutely any cream, regardless of the base. Ingredients
• 600 g of cream;
• 2 spoons of cocoa without sugar.
1. Put the cream for 30-40 minutes in the freezer, but it should not get caught in the ice. The mass should cool down well.
2. Cocoa pour into a sieve.
3. Immerse the mixer, start beating the cream, stop in two minutes, add cocoa, beat another minute and put the cream in the refrigerator again. After half an hour it can be used.
Thick cream for condensed milk cake with butter
You can often hear that now condensed milk is not such a liquid and does not freeze. But, if you do it right, you can make a delicious and thick cream for cake or pastries.
• 350 g of oil;
• 1 can of condensed milk;
• cocoa or vanilla to taste.
1. Leave the oil in a warm room for a couple of hours. It should be soft, with a slight pressure will appear fossa. We shift in a bowl.
2. Immerse the mixer, turn on the highest speed and beat the butter until it becomes white, fluffy.
3. Open the jar with condensed milk, mix. We type with a spoon and add to the oil, but do not stop beating. As soon as the fat absorbs all the milk, we again collect the spoon of condensed milk and add.
4. Do this until the milk runs out. If you immediately pour it all, then the cream will turn out to be liquid.
5. At the end add cocoa or vanilla, any ingredients for taste.
Thick custard for cake
Custard cake is often liquid if it is not properly prepared. In fact, you can make a very thick, rich layer for cakes, which is even suitable for small decorations, borders. Instead of corn starch, you can use wheat flour or corn starch.
• 4 yolks;
• 90 g of sugar;
• 250 ml of milk;
• 120 g of oil;
• 2 tsp. corn starch.
1. Place the yolks in a saucepan, add granulated sugar to them and carefully rub the mass until smooth. If this is not done, scrambled eggs will float in the cream after brewing. 2. Add starch or flour, and grind. If you put cocoa, then it is better to pour it now and grind, otherwise there will be lumps.
3. Add milk, stir.
4. Put the custard on the stove, fire medium. Nowhere from the saucepan do not move away constantly stir the mixture, which will thicken from the bottom and along the walls, constantly updating the layer so that it does not burn.
5. As soon as the cream becomes similar to condensed milk, remove from heat. It is important not to bring the mass to a boil.
6. Now often make a mistake - add butter to a hot cream. This can be done, but it will not be thick. It is better to cool the brewed milk.
7. The oil is softened. Add to the cooled cream. Ideally, it can be whipped, but there is a small amount that will only be smeared on the walls of the dish.
8. For flavor put vanilla, re-stir.
Thick cream for the cake - tips and tricks
• It is undesirable to add berries and fruits to sour cream, it quickly becomes liquid from the juice. The exception is bananas.
• Any cream can be made thicker if you add melted but not hot chocolate.
• If there is no thickener on hand, and the cream turned out to be liquid, you can simply add coconut flakes to it. Well absorb a lot of shortbread, but it must be well grind.
• The consistency of the cream often depends on the quality of the oil. If it contains less than 70% fat, then it will be difficult to make a thick and fluffy mass.