Everyone is knowledgeable about how healthy vegetables are. In addition, they are tasty and fresh, and stewed, and baked. Therefore, vegetable stew is prepared in various countries around the world, using various methods of food processing and unique recipes. As a result, vegetable stew can be called one of the most diverse dishes. Therefore, there is nothing surprising in the fact that recently there have been many recipes that allow cooking vegetable stew in a slow cooker. It must be said that, despite the fact that this method of cooking stews from vegetables is not traditional, in a slow cooker it turns out exactly as it should be - tender and juicy. This is because in the slow cooker the vegetables are cooked for a long time, but not at the highest temperature, as they languish like they used to languish in the oven.
It is unlikely that someone will argue with the fact that in a slow cooker most of the famous dishes are easier to cook than on the stove or in the oven. However, the rules of cooking vegetable stew in a slow cooker exist, and they must be followed if you want the result to meet your expectations.
- Vegetables differ not only in vitamin and mineral composition, color, shape, size and taste. Their structure is also different, and for this reason it takes different time to bring them to readiness. For example, if you put together potatoes and cabbage and put them to stew, then the potatoes will be soft much earlier. To quickly digest vegetables during cooking did not become a porridge, they lay the last. But the meat, if used, is fried first. Thus, the main rule for making delicious vegetable stews is to observe the correct ordering sequence of products.
- If all the products that make up the vegetable stew are roasted separately, and then put together and stewed together, the stew will have the most attractive appearance, but its taste will win. However, in this case, it will be less useful than stews, in the preparation of which the vegetables do not fry.
- A stew will look more appetizing if vegetables are cut into pieces of approximately the same shape and size.
- Water is often added to vegetable stews so that vegetables do not stick during stewing. When cooking in a slow cooker, you can do without water, so that the stew will get a richer taste. In order for the vegetables not to be burned, while they are stewed in a slow cooker, there will be enough juice extracted from them. However, if the stew is cooked for a very long time, it is better to pour in some water than to fear that everything will burn and spoil.
- You can add a more interesting taste to the stew using spices and sauce. Often use tomato sauce, but there are recipes with cream, sour cream.
Vegetable stew is a complete dish and does not require any additions, however, if desired, it can be made with meat, mushrooms, sausage, thanks to which it will become even more tasty and satisfying.
Dietary vegetable stew in a slow cooker
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- onions - 75 g;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- olive oil - 10 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini wash, wipe with a napkin. If you come across a rather large copy, you will have to clean it, cut it into 2 pieces, and remove the seeds with a spoon. In this case, the weight should be measured in relation to the zucchini pulp, going to the preparation of dishes.
- Cut the zucchini flesh or its whole, if the vegetable is young, into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Wash the pepper, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and stalk. Cut the pepper into squares with a length of about 1 cm.
- Peel the onion from the husk, finely chop it with a knife.
- Peel the carrots and grate them on a fine grater.
- Wash, dry and finely chop the dill.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut the tubers into pieces, the same as zucchini pieces.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into cubes.
- Smear a bowl of multicooker with a thin layer of oil. This is convenient to do with a cooking brush, then the bottom of the bowl will be covered evenly, and the oil consumption will be minimal.
- Put onions and carrots on the bottom, put tomatoes on top. Place the potatoes and zucchini on them.
- Pour in 100 ml of water, add salt and spices to taste.
- Lower the multicooker lid and run the Baking program for one hour. 10 minutes before readiness, open the lid and add the dill, mix. After cooking before the program is completed.
Due to the fact that the composition of vegetable stew prepared according to this recipe does not include harmful and high-calorie foods, it can be called dietary. It will be even more easy and useful if the potatoes are excluded from the composition, replacing it with green beans or green peas.
Vegetable stew with cream
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- butter - 50 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the potato tubers and cut them into cubes. The size of the cubes will be optimal if the length of their face is about 1 cm.
- Wash, peel and squash seeds, if necessary. Cut them into cubes of the same size as the potato.
- Wash tomatoes. Make a cross-shaped incision on them (on the side opposite to the stalk). Boil the water and dip the tomatoes in it. Blanch them for 2 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and for a few minutes lower them into cold water so that they cool down as soon as possible. Peel the fruit from the skins.
- Cut the tomato pulp into small pieces of arbitrary shape. Fold in a bowl so that the exuded juice flows into it.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Wash cabbage, remove the top sluggish leaves. Cut a piece of the desired weight and chop it.
- Put oil in the multicooker bowl. Turn on the unit by selecting the “Frying” program. If there is no such program available for your device, it can be replaced by the Baking program.
- When the butter has melted, slightly fry the potatoes in it (5 minutes), then add the zucchini and cabbage, fry them together with the potatoes for another 5 minutes. If the cabbage is young, then it cooks quickly, and therefore it is not laid first. If you have an autumn variety cabbage, you first need to put it and only after 5 minutes, introduce potatoes, after another 5 minutes - zucchini.
- 5 minutes after the introduction of zucchini, add tomatoes and chopped garlic to vegetables. Be sure to pour in the juice, which is a stack of tomatoes in a bowl. Fry all the vegetables together, without changing the program, for another 10 minutes, after which, for a while, turn off the slow cooker.
- Add salt and spices to the dish to taste, pour in the cream and mix everything. Turn on the unit by selecting extinguishing mode. Cook in this mode 40-50 minutes, depending on the age of the vegetables (young people always cook faster).
Vegetable stew cooked according to this recipe has a delicate creamy flavor and literally melts in the mouth. Garlic gives it a spicy aroma, and tomatoes - a slight sour and pleasant shade.
Vegetable stew with minced meat in a slow cooker
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- tomato paste - 20 ml;
- water - 50 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash zucchini, peel off seeds and rind, cut into small cubes. If the vegetables are young, you can cut without peeling.
- Remove the husks from the bow. Cut it into small pieces.
- Peel and grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Fill the bowl of the multicooker with oil and turn on the unit by selecting the “Frying” or “Baking” program. Fry minced meat for 10 minutes.
- Add onions with carrots, fry for another 5 minutes.
- Put the multicooker in the bowl without removing the minced meat, potatoes and zucchini from it.
- Dilute tomato paste with water, add salt, pepper. Pour the vegetables with the resulting sauce.
- Lower the multicooker lid and switch the cooking mode to Quenching. Set the timer to 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces and the age of the vegetables.
Cooked stew before serving can be sprinkled with chopped garlic, fresh greens, finely chopped with a knife. This dish is very satisfying and does not require any additional additions.
Vegetable stew - one of the easiest to prepare dishes. With all this, it remains tasty and healthy and is quite able to completely replace lunch or dinner.