Stuffed eggplants with cabbage are a great cold snack for both everyday and festive dishes.
The specific taste of eggplants goes well with the freshness of cabbage and carrots, this preparation is moderately spicy and salty, and perfectly complements vegetable, meat, cereal dishes.
Eggplant stuffed with cabbage - general principles of cooking
Choose young eggplants of the same size, the fruits should not exceed 15 cm in length - this will give the blank a beautiful look, and the taste of the snack will be excellent. Be sure to rinse the vegetables, then blanch in salted water or bake in the oven, which will soften the eggplant and remove their inherent bitterness. After these simple procedures, the tips should be cut from vegetables, and the fruit itself should be cut longitudinally for further stuffing.
As the main ingredient of the filling of this dish is white cabbage. It can be both a fresh crop, and a winter grade. Her finely chopped and lightly crushed hands.
As additional ingredients, you can take juicy carrots, sweet peppers, greens, tops, celery, onions. To make the dish sharp, add garlic, hot pepper, ground pepper.
The special aroma and taste of the billet will be given by spices and spices used to make brine and marinade: dill, coriander, citric acid or juice, cloves, honey and others.
Recipe 1. Pickled eggplants stuffed with cabbage
• 1,650 kg of eggplants;
• a pound of white cabbage;
• two bell peppers;
• two or three cloves of garlic;
• one and a half liters of water;
• 2, 5 tbsp. l salt, ground pepper.
1. Thoroughly wash the eggplant, cut off the tips from both sides. Pierce the fruit in several places with a fork.
2. Pour water into the pot, boil it. Gently place the eggplants we prepared, blanch for 5 minutes after re-boiling. Remove from the pan, cool. 3. We clean the carrots and rub them on a coarse grater.
4. White cabbage thin shred.
5. Pepper Bulgarian clean from seeds and peduncles, cut into thin strips.
6. We clean the garlic from the husk and skip through the press or finely chop finely.
7. Mix in a large bowl prepared vegetables: cabbage, carrots, garlic, pepper with a small amount of salt and pepper. Remove the mass to the side for 20 minutes, and then mix well again.
8. Cut the cooled eggplant in half. Pressing the flesh with your fingers, slightly squeeze the juice.
9. Stuff eggplants with vegetables, rewind with thread.
10. Boil brine from water and salt, cool.
11. Stuffed eggplants shift in a deep container, pour the brine, we press down.
12. Maintain vegetables at room temperature for three days.
13. Pickled eggplants are ready for use, but before serving it is better to keep them in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. It will also be delicious if slightly sprinkled with sunflower oil.
Recipe 2. Salted eggplants stuffed with cabbage
• 8 kg of eggplants;
• kilogram of cabbage;
• cabbage leaves;
• kilogram of onion;
• 350 grams of carrot tops;
• garlic head;
• vegetable oil;
• salt, other spices.
1. Shred cabbage with the thinnest not long strips. Fill with boiling water for 1 minute, rinse in cold, let the water drain completely.
2. Onions cleaned and cut into small cubes.
3. Rinse the tops and grind.
4. Pass on hot vegetable oil, first onion until softened, then add tops and, stirring, fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix fried onions and tops with cabbage. Salt minced vegetable to taste, approximately 1 g of vegetables need about 30 g of salt.
6. Cut the tips of the washed eggplants, blanch them in boiling slightly salted water for 3-5 minutes.
7. Chilled eggplants cool, notch. Stuffing with vegetable stuffing and over-threading.
8. Spread cabbage leaves in several layers at the bottom of the pan, put stuffed eggplants tightly on top, pouring garlic cloves over them. 9. Prepare a pickle from a liter of water and two spoons of salt, pour the prepared vegetables with it.
10. Cover eggplants with cabbage leaves, leave for a couple of days at room temperature. After a while, we shift the container with the billet for a month to a place with a temperature of 1 to 3 degrees.
Recipe 3. Marinated eggplants stuffed with cabbage and carrots
• 3.5 kg of eggplants;
• 2.5 kg of white cabbage;
• a pound of carrots;
• 500 ml of sunflower oil;
• two large onions;
• two bunches of celery;
• 2 tbsp. l honey;
• two lemons;
• fresh dill.
1. Blanch the washed eggplants for 5-7 minutes in boiling water. Carefully remove, make a longitudinal incision. Put them under pressure, thus giving excess liquid to drain.
2. Rub the cleaned carrots, chop cabbage thinly. Mix both ingredients in one bowl, add a little salt, add pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Once again, carefully, slightly mixing, mix.
3. Onions we get rid of the husk, finely cut and fry in a glass of vegetable oil.
4. Shift the softened onion into the vegetable filling, and mix the honey with the remaining oil in the pan.
5. Fill the honey-butter mixture with cabbage, mix.
6. Stuffed eggplants are stuffed with bright stuffing, tied up with celery stalks.
7. Puff eggplants into the dishes, set the oppression from above, remove for one hour: during this time the vegetables will squeeze.
8. We remove the oppression, pour the stuffed eggplant with the remnants of vegetable oil.
9. Remove the container with the blank for two days in the fridge.
Recipe 4. Eggplants stuffed with cabbage, greens and spices
• 5 kg of eggplants;
• 200 g carrots;
• 300 g cabbage;
• 10 cloves of garlic;
• a bunch of cilantro, dill and parsley;
• two celery stalks;
• 3 tbsp. l salt and sugar;
• 2 liters of water;
• 700 ml of vinegar (5%);
• peas black and allspice (8-10 pieces);
• leaves of laurel;
• 2-3 buds of cloves;
• pinch of coriander seeds.
1. Cut off the tips with well washed and dried eggplant tips, make a longitudinal incision. 2. Blanch the prepared vegetables in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
3. We transfer the eggplants to the colander with a skimmer, put the press on top, letting the water drain.
4. Make vegetables for the filling: peel the carrots and rub them on the coarse side of the grater, finely chop the cabbage, chop the garlic.
5. Rinse all greens and celery stalks thoroughly and chop finely.
6. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the prepared cabbage, carrots, garlic, celery and greens. We add a little salt and let it brew for 40-60 minutes.
7. Stuff aubergines with fragrant vegetable mix, transfer them to sterilized jars.
8. Pour into the pot water, boil, add salt and sugar, pepper, cloves, coriander, laurel.
9. Boil the brine over low heat for another couple of minutes and pour in the vinegar, stir, remove the pan from the heat.
10. Fill with hot marinade stuffed with cabbage eggplants, roll up.
Recipe 5. Spicy Eggplants Stuffed with Cabbage
• 1, 5 kg of eggplants;
• 500 g of cabbage;
• 300 g hot peppers;
• garlic head;
• vegetable oil;
1. Cut off the tails of washed and dried eggplant, make an incision.
2. In a saucepan, boil a small amount of water, salt. Put the eggplants in the water, we boil for 2-4 minutes after boiling, after which we remove the vegetables and put them in a colander to drain the excess liquid.
3. Peel and chop the garlic, gently peel off the hot pepper and chop finely.
4. Shred cabbage finely fine straw.
5. Mix cabbage, hot pepper and garlic, salt to taste. If desired, add to the filling and finely chopped greens.
6. Fill the eggplant with a sharp filling, put it tightly in sterilized jars.
7. Carefully turn the jars over so that the glass has formed liquid.
8. Fill eggplants stuffed with cabbage, hot vegetable oil.
9. Close the cans with nylon covers and, after the billet has cooled, remove the eggplants for storage.
Recipe 6. Eggplants stuffed with cabbage and carrots in tomato sauce
• 10 kg of eggplants;
• 300 g carrots;
• 300 g cabbage;
• 2 kg of tomatoes;
• 150 g of fresh herbs to taste;
• large head of garlic;
• 120 ml of vegetable oil;
• salt pepper;
• a teaspoon of sugar;
• 1 tbsp. l vinegar.
1. Wash the eggplants and place them on a greased baking sheet. Sent for 15 minutes in the oven at 160 degrees. Take out, cool.
2. Add shredded cabbage, chopped greens, garlic passed through a press and a couple of pinch of salt with pepper to coarsely grated carrots. Stir well, let it brew for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the eggplants along, without cutting to the end, so that they are connected on one side. Carefully remove the pulp, leaving 1 cm thick walls.
4. Rinse the tomatoes and together with the pulp of the eggplant we twist in a meat grinder.
5. Shift the tomato mass into the pan, add sugar, butter, salt, if desired, chopped hot peppers. Cook, stirring for 10-12 minutes, adding vinegar 2 minutes before the end.
6. Hammer baked eggplants with vegetable stuffing, put in jars.
7. Fill with tomato paste, cork the container.
Eggplant stuffed with cabbage and carrots - tips and tricks
• If you stuff eggplants for the winter, be sure to sterilize the billet so that it lasts longer. Even 10 minutes in boiling water will be enough.
• If you are preparing eggplants stuffed with cabbage for one sitting, then keep a billet in the refrigerator, in a glass or ceramic dish before serving.