Lagman is a dish of Central Asian cuisine that includes beef (lamb, chicken), vegetables, and noodles — mostly homemade. Vegetables can be added to sweet peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, onions, carrots, radishes. Also, spices and spices are always part of the lagman. Fresh herbs can be added before serving. Not every housewife will be able to cook homemade noodles, the very one for the Lagman, so it will probably be easier to buy noodles in the store — giving preference to noodles made from durum wheat. Such noodles will not stick together in the first minutes of cooking.
List of ingredients:
- 300 g of chicken meat;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 large tomato;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 300 ml of water;
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 200 grams of noodles;
- 2 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. spices;
- greens before serving.
How to cook chicken lagman
1. Any chicken meat is suitable for lagman, you can take a fillet. Cut the tendons and pieces of fat, cut the breast into medium sized pieces.
2. Onions cut into quarters into rings, after removing the husk. Peel and chop the carrots.
3. Pour the vegetable oil into the frying pan, heat it and pour the meat with vegetables. Cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
4. While roasting vegetables with chicken, wash and dice the tomato. Peel the garlic cloves and chop them into small pieces.
5. Send tomatoes and garlic chips to the pan, stir and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add water to the skillet and add tomato paste.
7. Send noodles to the pan, salt and sprinkle with spices. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer all the ingredients for another 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, you can mix the noodles with meat and vegetables, as it is already soft.
8. Serve Lagman with hot or warm gravy, with fresh greens.