Chicken hearts are a tender, wholesome and tasty product.
It is strongly recommended to be introduced into the diet of people with diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous system, suffering from anemia.
But few people decide to buy this product, simply because they do not know how and how much chicken hearts need to be cooked.
How and how much to cook chicken hearts - general principles
Chicken hearts are a universal product, you can cook soups, main dishes from them, they make excellent salads, pies, goulash and even kebabs.
But before you proceed directly to the cooking process, they must be properly selected and prepared.
How to choose chicken hearts. Choose chilled products - their peculiarity is that their shelf life is short, which means that they contain more nutrients, as opposed to frozen ones. In addition, there is no need to thaw them. If the product is frozen, thaw it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Immediately before processing, place the hearts in slightly salted water for 20-30 minutes.
How to wash chicken hearts. Rinse the hearts in the water thoroughly under cold running water, pressing on each heart with the thumb of your thumb, this will help push out the remaining blood clots from the inside of the by-product.
How to clean chicken hearts. With thoroughly washed hearts, cut off fats, vessels, remove the film. Rinse the by-product again.
How and how much to cook chicken hearts? Pour cold water into the pot, the ratio of by-product to liquid should be 1/3. Bring the water to a boil, put the hearts into it, boil the by-product for 2-3 minutes, then drain the water and fill with new water, this time the liquid should barely cover the hearts. Add to taste with salt, spices, herbs. Boil, closing the container with a lid, whole hearts - 25-30 minutes, cut in half - 20 minutes. Do not forget to remove the foam formed during cooking. How to serve boiled chicken hearts? Boiled hearts are ideal for any traditional side dish: vegetables, beans, cereals, pasta. They are good in simple boiled form or with sauce. Sauce for chicken hearts can be cooked any. Sour cream, cream cheese, mustard-mayonnaise and others are considered the most interesting and unusual.
Recipe 1: How to Cook Chicken Hearts with Spices
• 500-600 grams of hearts;
• salt pepper;
• dried herbs;
• leaves of laurel.
1. We wash and process chicken hearts, cut each length into two parts.
2. Pour two liters of water into the pan, bring it to a boil, lay out the by-product. Cook after boiling for 3-4 minutes, then pour out the water and pour a new one in a volume of 1-1.2 liters. The liquid should slightly cover the hearts.
3. Cook the after-product after boiling for 20 minutes on medium-high heat, occasionally removing the resulting protein foam.
4. Add salt to taste, ground black pepper or a mixture of peppers, bay leaves, whole whole onion. Optionally, put dried herbs, such as oregano or parsley.
5. Cook, tightly closing the lid of the pan, on a quiet fire for half an hour.
6. Serve with a side dish, catching hearts, or along with the broth, in which offal was cooked.
Recipe 2: How to Cook Chicken Hearts in a Mustard-Cheese Sauce
• half a kilo of hearts;
• 100 grams of fresh or frozen champignons;
• 150 ml of cream;
• 40 grams of Dijon mustard;
• 20-30 ml of olive oil;
• 10 grams of flour;
• 100 grams of butter;
• 50 grams of ghee;
• 100 grams of hard cheese;
1. Mix olive oil with one spoon of mustard and salt. Fill this mixture with prepared chicken hearts, mix well, so that each heart smears in marinade.
2. Remove the offal for one hour in the refrigerator.
3. Put the melted butter in the frying pan, warm it up, put the hearts together with the marinade, fry on both sides to a blush. 4. Add the sliced champignons, fry until the liquid evaporates from the mushrooms.
5. While the hearts of the mushrooms are fried, heat the cream in a small saucepan, add the butter. As soon as it is melted, pour in the flour and put a spoonful of mustard. While cooking the sauce, stir the mass all the time so that it does not burn or boil.
6. Remove the ready, thickened sauce from the stove, add half of the finely grated cheese. Stir until complete dissolution.
7. Spread hearts with mushrooms on a plate, pour them with mustard-cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe 3: How to cook chicken hearts in batter
• kilogram of chicken hearts;
• 350-400 grams of flour;
• five eggs;
• salt pepper;
• 100 ml of soy sauce.
1. Prepare the hearts and lay out in soy sauce for 3-4 hours.
2. After the time expires, take out and cut each heart into two parts, but not until the very end. Align the by-product along the entire length, beat off the hammer on both sides.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs with salt.
4. In another bowl pour flour.
5. Dip each heart first into the flour, then in the eggs.
6. Spread on hot oil, fry for 2-4 minutes on each side to a characteristic ruddy color.
Recipe 4: How to make chicken hearts salad
• 400-500 grams of hearts;
• 150 ml of soy sauce;
• pepper, salt;
• salad mix;
• cherry tomatoes;
• salt, a mixture of peppers;
• vegetable oil.
1. Chicken hearts are washed, cleaned, dried, cut lengthwise into two parts.
2. Put them in a pan on the hot oil, fry on all sides for 10 minutes.
3. Pour in the sauce, add a little salt (you can not put it at all), pepper it, simmer 5-10 minutes until the sauce is partially evaporated.
4. We take out the finished hearts with a skimmer, and in the butter, in which they are fried, lay out thin half rings of onion. 5. We put lettuce leaves on a large flat dish, on top of a chaotic order, put the cooled hearts, fried onions, halves of cherry tomatoes.
6. Pour the salad with chicken hearts with cooled soy sauce.
Recipe 5: How to cook chicken hearts with vegetables
• 600-700 grams of hearts;
• two leeks;
• two fleshy tomatoes;
• one eggplant;
• leaves of curly parsley;
• vegetable oil;
• 30 grams of mayonnaise;
• 100 ml of cream;
• salt, a mixture of peppers;
• 100 grams of cheese.
1. Fry the prepared chicken hearts until half cooked.
2. Add chopped onions, and diced eggplants. We continue to fry.
3. After 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, and distribute all the ingredients in layers in pots.
4. The first layer lay out the hearts with onions and eggplants, diced blanched tomatoes, mayonnaise.
5. Fill the layers with cream, mixing them with a small amount of salt and ground pepper.
6. Sprinkle with finely grated cheese.
7. Stew chicken hearts to full readiness for 40 minutes at 160 degrees.
Recipe 6: How to make a chicken hearts pie
• a pound of ready puff pastry;
• three potatoes;
• half a kilo of hearts;
• 200 grams of cheese;
• two eggs;
1. We wash and boil chicken hearts, following the general principles. Let them cool, cut into 6-8 parts.
2. We make mashed potatoes from boiled potatoes.
3. We rub cheese on a large segment of the grater.
4. Mix cheese with mashed potatoes and hearts, drive one egg in there, add salt.
5. Divide the puff pastry into two parts. Roll out one thin layer and line the greased baking sheet.
6. Spread chicken hearts stuffing.
7. Cover the filling with the second rolled bed. We pinch the edges.
8. Lubricate the surface of the cake with a second egg.
9. Bake for 40 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees.
Recipe 7: How to braise chicken hearts in sour cream
Ingredients: • 400-500 grams of offal;
• 100 grams of sour cream;
• 60 ml of soy sauce;
• 60 grams of tomato paste;
• white ground pepper, salt;
• 50 ml vegetable oil.
1. Cut off the fats and vessels of washed hearts, remove the film.
2. Cut each by-product into two parts, rinse again and slightly dry.
3. Cut the peeled onion into half rings.
4. Spread and hearts, and onions in a bowl, pepper and salt, remove for 1 hour in the refrigerator under pressure.
5. We clean the carrots, rub them on a coarse grater, fry until golden in hot oil.
6. Add hearts with onions, fry, stirring for 15-20 minutes.
7. Pour all the products in the pan with a mixture of sour cream, tomato paste and soy sauce. If necessary we add a dish. Simmer another 8-12 minutes.
How and how much to cook chicken hearts - tricks and useful tips
• Boil hearts better not just in salted water, but with the addition of spices and vegetables, so they will be tastier and more fragrant.
• Fry the by-product preferably in butter or a mixture of butter and vegetable oil - they are softer and softer.
• If you doubt the readiness of the hearts, pierce them with a knife. Above the light broth - ready, red ichor - you need to boil more.
• Chicken hearts - meat, interesting both in structure and taste. Properly cooked by-product diversifies your diet with new dishes. Do not be afraid to experiment in the combination of various ingredients, chicken hearts, as well as the chicken itself is combined with almost all products.