Today it is quite often heard that instead of meat sausage contains soy, a similar ingredient disguised as meat is found in the mass of salads. Is soy meat good for what it can do and in the end what is hidden under this name? You will find answers to these questions in this article.
Soy meat is made from fat-free soy flour by extrusion, that is, by continuously pressing dough out of soy flour, meal and water. The resulting grayish mass of spongy consistency is cut into pieces and dried. Today, soy meat is offered in the form of minced meat, cereal, chops, goulash, meatballs, beef stroganoff, azu, and so on.
The composition of soybeans emit a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, among which linoleic, which, as we know, is not synthesized by the body and can only be obtained through food. Fatty acids are the prevention of the deposition of harmful cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels. In addition to the above, beta-carotene, vitamins E and B, PP, folic acid, choline, thiamine and much more are among the components that make up soy.
Properties and caloric content of soy meat
Soy has the same beneficial characteristics as many legumes. However, you should talk about the benefits of this product in more detail.
• Protein, contained in large quantities in soy meat, is a source of amino acids that contribute to the formation of enzymes necessary for the renewal of tissues and organs at the cellular level and growth.
• Soy meat contains, as mentioned above, choline and lecithin. These substances contribute to brain activity and increase the response, improve memory and thought process. • Phytic acids in soy meat can prevent the development of all kinds of tumors.
• Reduction of cholesterol level in blood and, as a result, prevention of cardiovascular diseases is caused by polyunsaturated fatty acids that are part of soy meat.
• Strengthening bones and stopping the development of osteoporosis.
• And finally, soy meat is a low-calorie product (100 grams contains 296 kcal), therefore, it should be included in the menu for those who wish to lose a few extra pounds. However, it is not necessary to completely replace meat of animal origin with vegetable.
Soy Meat: Harm
Soy meat is a natural product that is able to saturate our body with essential substances. Nevertheless, in all it is necessary to observe the measure, and soy is not an exception. This product has several contraindications, including:
• Do not eat soy meat to pregnant and lactating women.
• Excessive consumption of soybeans can trigger growth in children and adolescents.
• Regular consumption of soy meat can cause dysfunction of the pancreas, allergic reactions that manifest as urticaria, diarrhea.
• It provokes the abuse of this product and the formation of sand in the kidneys.
In addition to the above, it should be reported that at present up to 90% of the acreage in the United States is occupied by genetically modified, transgenic soybeans, which not only do not give the body anything useful, but, more dangerous, can harm.
How can you make soy meat
Include in your diet soy meat or, nevertheless, limit the use of this product - you decide, dear visitors of our portal. However, in the end, I would like to bring to your attention a recipe for an interesting dish, one of the ingredients of which is soy meat. You will need:
• Soy meat - 100 grams, • Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon, • Mustard - 1 tablespoon, • Black pepper - 1 teaspoon, • Salt - 1 teaspoon, • Mayonnaise - 1 tablespoon, • Onions - 1 piece, • Carrots - 1 piece, • Vegetable oil - 50 grams, • Water - 1 liter + 75 ml, • Sour cream - 2 tablespoons.
Method of preparation
1. Fill the soy meat with one liter of boiling water. Put on the fire and cook with the lid open for 20 minutes.
2. Drain excess soy water through a colander and squeeze.
3. Grind each piece of soy into 3-4 parts.
4. Put the chopped soy meat in a deep bowl, pour with lemon juice. Add mustard, salt, black pepper and mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly and leave for half an hour.
5. Peel and chop the onion.
6. Peel and grate the carrots.
7. Pour 50 ml of vegetable oil into the pan and fry the onion. After five minutes, add carrots to the onions. To stir thoroughly.
8. In a skillet with vegetables, pour the meat, stirring occasionally, fry for 10 minutes.
9. Add sour cream (if you prefer, you can use tomato paste instead of sour cream).
10. Pour some water, close the lid and simmer to the desired consistency.
Prepared according to this recipe, soy meat can be an excellent filling for pies, it is suitable as a gravy for a side dish.