Cutlets are a versatile dish that both adults and children love.
You can enter them into the diet of a child as early as 10 months, and steam cutlets can be eaten even by people who are on a diet for health reasons.
And, of course, each housewife has her own special recipe.
General principles of cooking beef and pork cutlets
The taste of homemade meatballs, first of all, depends on the meat from which minced meat is made. It should be fresh. Some prefer the spatula or the back, and others prefer the pork neck and beef tenderloin. It all depends on whether you like lean or fatty meat. For cutlets, it is still preferable to buy meat with a small amount of fat so that they turn out juicy. Pork and beef mince is considered universal for meatballs, where pork and lighter fat are added to fat beef.
Minced meat can be cooked by twisting purchased pieces of meat for this purpose in a meat grinder or blender. But you can immediately buy ready minced meat. In this case, you will not know what was put into it, but you will be able to cook the planned dish very quickly, with little effort.
At the discretion of the hostess in the stuffing add:
• onion. It can be added raw or roasted until golden brown. And some prefer to use in the preparation of both of these species. Onions give our cutlets juiciness and improves taste. However, if your households are ardent opponents of this vegetable, then the chops will be obtained without it;
• bread. Basically, take white bread or a loaf and soaked in water or milk. It is believed that we must take the bread flesh. However, as practice shows, the presence of a crust does not impair their taste at all, and it is not even felt in the softened form. Proportionately recommend putting 1/5 of the bread to the whole stuffing. Bread is needed in order to absorb and keep the juice in cutlets. From this juice does not leak when frying, and the cutlets do not get hard and dry; • lovers of cooking cutlets are also divided into supporters of adding eggs to mince and their opponents. Both those and others have their own arguments. The first ones think that when using eggs, the cutlets will not disintegrate, and the second ones are sure that the protein will curl when frying, and not only will it not stuff the minced meat, but also divide it;
• frequent guest in this recipe - grated raw potatoes. Using it with or instead of bread will also give juiciness to your dish;
• There are lovers of adding garlic to such patties. However, they should be consumed immediately hot, otherwise they become cold if they have not very pleasant aroma;
• salt and pepper are added to taste and it depends on you what kind of cutlets you want;
• You can also add a little water to the mince, which makes them softer. The main thing is not to overdo it;
• some housewives add semolina to the patties for gluing minced meat, but in most cases this is an extra addition;
• For breading, you can use flour or breadcrumbs.
Recipe 1. Minced pork and beef cutlets classic
This is a traditional recipe that every hostess seeks to diversify with additional components in its own way.
• minced pork and beef - 1 kg;
• long loaf or bread (preferably white and slightly dry, as fresh bread can cause sourness) - 1/3 of a portion or 200 grams;
• raw egg - 1 pc .;
• onion - 3 heads;
• distilled water at room temperature - 1.5 cups;
• salt, pepper - at its discretion;
1. Cut the loaf or bread into pieces and cover with water or milk. The liquid should be at room temperature.
2. Cut the raw onion into small pieces or skip it through a meat grinder. If desired, onions can be browned in butter.
3. Add to the minced bread, from which the glass is water, onion and hammer in the egg.
4. Salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
5. Put the pan on the fire and add vegetable oil.
6. Make cutlets, lay them on a pre-heated pan and fry until golden brown. 7. At the end of cooking, add some water to the pan and stew the cutlets for 10 minutes.
Recipe 2 Minced pork and beef cutlets with greens
The use of greens gives this dish an appetizing look and flavor.
• minced meat (the perfect combination: pork + beef) - 600 grams;
• one head of onion;
• white bread - 3 pieces;
• fresh milk - 0.5 st .;
• medium-sized chicken egg - 1 pc .;
• dill, parsley - in one bunch;
• garlic (at its discretion) - 1-2 cloves;
• salt, ground black pepper;
• flour for breading.
1. Take minced meat or twist in a meat grinder pork and beef.
2. Heat a little milk and pour them the flesh of white bread or loaf.
3. Finely chop the onion and greens.
4. Connect together the minced meat, bread, from which you pour the milk, onions and herbs.
5. Add egg, salt and pepper.
6. Softness and juiciness of meatballs gives a careful kneading with hands. And it will help if you mince as it will beat off in a bowl.
7. From the mixture obtained form the patties at will. These look very nice in oval. We roll them down in flour.
8. Fry the cutlets on moderate heat so that they are roasted from the inside. Cooking time is 20 minutes.
Recipe 3. Beef and pork cutlets in the form of hedgehogs
This recipe is suitable for small gourmets and will delight kids, for example, at a children's party.
• beef - 250 grams;
• pork - 250 grams;
• bread - 4 pieces or 3 pieces of minced meat;
• semolina - 2 tablespoons l .;
• roasted peanuts - 2 tablespoons l .;
• sour cream or yogurt (with a high percentage of fat, and yogurt to apply without fruit additives) - 1 tbsp. L .;
• whole milk - 1 tbsp .;
• boiled boiled eggs - 3 pcs .;
• raw chicken egg - 1 pc .;
• breadcrumbs (can be yellow) - 4 tablespoons;
• black peppercorns - to decorate hedgehogs;
• green onions - 1 bundle;
From the specified amount on average should be 6 large meatballs.
1. Scroll through the blender or meat grinder meat and mix the components with each other. 2. Pulp white bread or loaf pour milk and let stand 10-15 minutes.
3. Cook hard-boiled 3 eggs for about 7-8 minutes.
4. Cut the boiled eggs in half. Knead or three on a fine grater yolks, add to them chopped green onions, salt and stuff with the resulting mixture of egg whites.
5. In the twisted minced meat, add the bread flesh, egg, salt, semolina. All carefully beat and mix.
6. Wrap the stuffed eggs in mince and make it a hedgehog.
7. Decorate cutlets with peanuts instead of needles, black pepper with peas instead of peepholes and noses, sprinkle with breadcrumbs for beauty.
8. These cutlets are recommended to bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
Recipe 4 Beef and Pork Cutlets “Holiday”
The technology of such meatballs is reminiscent of cooking chicken Kiev. However, here we will not use chicken fillet, and cook all of the stuffing.
• pork and beef in equal amounts - this recipe per 1 kg;
• hard cheese - 100 grams;
• onion - 2 heads;
• raw egg - 2 pcs .;
• crackers from 4 slices of white bread;
• salt, pepper to taste;
• butter - 100 grams;
• breadcrumbs - 1 pack;
• flour for breading;
• dill - 2 tbsp.
1. Prepare the filling: rub cheese on a fine grater, crush the softened butter with a fork and mix it all with finely chopped dill.
2. From the resulting composition we roll small oval balls. We put them cool to the desired point.
3. Fill the bread crumbs into small squares with cold water until they are soft. Then drain the remaining water.
4. Onions rubbed on a coarse grater or cut into small pieces.
5. Cooking minced meat: grind in a meat grinder pork and beef. We combine with each other meat, crackers, 1 egg and spices.
6. The resulting stuffing is divided into portioned pieces, in each of which we wrap a piece of prepared butter with cheese and herbs.
7. Festive cutlets are crumbling in several stages: in flour, beaten egg, breadcrumbs. 8. Fry the cutlets until golden brown on moderate heat.
Recipe 5 Mince Pork Cutlet and Hercules Beef
Their feature is to add oatmeal instead of egg.
• minced meat - 1 kg;
• milk - 200-300 ml .;
• oatmeal - 100-140 grams;
• Onion - 2 pcs .;
• salt, pepper - to taste;
• breadcrumbs or flour - 100 grams;
• greens - a bunch.
1. Pour into the minced milk at room temperature.
2. Add the peeled and grated onion.
3. We pour out oatmeal, salt, pepper and greens. Oatmeal can be ground in a coffee grinder to a state of flour.
4. Mix everything well, cover with cling film and send to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. We form small patties from mincemeat, roll them down in breadcrumbs and fry in a hot frying pan in vegetable oil until cooked.
6. After the brown crust appeared on the cutlets, add 100 ml of water to the pan and simmer until the liquid evaporates.
Recipe 6 Minced Pork and Beef Patties with Rice
These burgers are very nourishing.
• minced meat - 1 kg;
• round rice - 200 grams;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• onions - 2 heads;
• garlic - 1-2 cloves (at discretion);
• salt, pepper - to taste;
1. Wash rice under running cold water. Mark it in a saucepan and pour boiling water in the amount of 1 cup of rice for 2 glasses of water.
2. In the scrolled mince add onions and garlic scrolled in a meat grinder.
3. Also add cooked rice, salt and pepper to the mince. All carefully interfere and form the patties.
4. Heat up the pan to a hot state. Pour vegetable oil.
5. Put the patties and fry them on low heat for 7-10 minutes. Then we turn the cutlets to the other side, cover the pan with a lid and fry for another 5 minutes.
Recipe 7 Quick Minced Pork and Beef Cutlet
These cutlets will help out when you need to cook dinner in a hurry.
Ingredients: • minced pork and beef in an equal percentage - 600 grams;
• raw eggs - 4 pcs., But you can take less;
• raw potatoes (recommended for juiciness) - 2 medium pieces;
• green onions - 1 bunch;
• mayonnaise (will add taste and juiciness to the product) - 50 grams;
• spices - to taste;
• Flour - 2-3 tbsp.
1. Cut finely green onions.
2. Peel raw potatoes and grate.
3. In the prepared stuffing add: onions, potatoes, eggs, salt and pepper.
4. These components are mixed.
5. Add mayonnaise and flour and mix again.
6. Fry in vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes on both sides until cooked.
Tips and tips on making minced pork and beef cutlets
1. To mince not falling apart when frying, mix it well and leave for half an hour in the refrigerator.
2. Stir minced better with your hands, so you will feel its consistency and the absence of lumps.
3. To mince did not stick to the hands, moisten hands with water when shaping cutlets.
4. Before frying the pan should be well heated. Do not overdo it with oil. It should be exactly as necessary to cover the pan. Fry them for 2-3 minutes over high heat, and then, with the lid closed, bring to readiness.
5. At the end of frying, roast some cutlets in a pan so that they are juicier and softer. The time is about 10-15 minutes.
Learn to feel the food and the cooking process. You will get a taste, and you will succeed!