Beef Stroganoff - Russian dish, known and loved almost all over the world.
The classic recipe involves the use of beef, but times go by, everyone brings something different to the dish.
And so, beef stroganoff is cooked not only from beef, but also from pork, chicken and even liver.
Beef stroganoff from the liver is especially tender and juicy, and its undeniable advantage is its speed in cooking.
Beef stroganoff from the liver - general principles of preparation
The choice of the main ingredient - the liver - must be approached carefully and then the dish will certainly succeed.
• The most tender and tasty liver of a young animal. Veal liver is most appreciated; it is not only tasty, but also nutritious. The size of calf liver does not exceed two and a half kilograms, it is homogeneous in structure, pleasant to the touch, and has a color from pale brown to red.
• Beef liver is bigger, its weight can reach five kilograms. The color of the liver is usually dark red-brown. Her taste is sharper than that of a calf, so before cooking it is recommended to soak it for a couple of hours in milk.
• Pork liver is also small, up to 2.5 kg. The color is usually red or dark brown. It can be distinguished from other types of liver by a loose structure on the cut.
• A quality liver is smooth to the touch, slightly moist, but not sticky. Too light liver can mean that it was soaked before implementation, in this case you can pierce the by-product and look at the color of the blood. Scarlet blood means the product is fresh and can be bought.
• A good specific aroma comes from a good liver, an unpleasant sour smell indicates that the product is old or spoiled.
• There must be a stamp on the liver, indicating that the product passed the quality test in a special service.
• If you purchase a frozen product, be sure to look for whether the product has dark or light spots, a gray patina.
• You can also use chicken or turkey liver to make beef stroganoff. Before cooking, they wash the liver, remove the film and veinlets, and cut them into long, narrow pieces.
The composition of the dish in addition to the liver usually includes such products as onions, sour cream, tomato paste, salt and spices. These are the main ingredients, but the scope for imagination is limitless and you can safely experiment - add vegetables, mushrooms and even dried fruits.
Recipe 1. Beef stroganoff from beef liver
A very delicate dish that perfectly decorates not only the family dining table, but also a solemn event.
• kilogram of beef liver;
• one onion (large);
• 10 grams of sugar;
• 200 grams of sour cream;
• salt pepper;
• 50 grams of butter;
• 25 grams of flour.
1. Clean the liver of the films, rinse, cut into longitudinal pieces.
2. Salt, sprinkle with sugar, pepper.
3. Fry the prepared by-product in a dry frying pan for a few minutes.
4. Put the butter and chopped quarter onions rings.
5. Fry, stirring, until softening the onion.
6. Sprinkle flour on the liver, add salt and sugar, mix.
7. Pour in the sour cream, simmer on the slowest fire for five minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
8. Ready beef stroganoff from the liver can be sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs to taste.
Recipe 2. Turkey beef stroganoff with mushrooms
• 750 grams of turkey liver;
• 230 grams of sour cream;
• salt, spices;
• half a pound of leek;
• one third kilogram of fresh champignons;
• vegetable oil;
• 20 grams of tomato paste;
• garlic clove.
1. Rinse the liver thoroughly and cut into thin, long straws.
2. Quickly fry until golden in vegetable oil in a pan, set aside in a plate.
3. Place the champignons, cut into small cubes, in the same pan, fry until the liquid evaporates.
4. Add chopped onion, simmer until soft.
5. Put the tomato paste, spices and salt, mix.
6. Pour in sour cream, add fried liver.
7. Extinguish all the ingredients on a quiet fire for fifteen minutes.
8. A few minutes until cooked, add chopped garlic to the dish.
Recipe 3. Beef liver stroganoff with zucchini
• 600 grams of liver;
• 20 grams of starch;
• 5 grams of black pepper and dried oregano;
• 400 grams of zucchini;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 30 grams of butter;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil;
• a glass of broth;
• half a cup of red wine (dry).
1. Rinse the liver, dry, cut into long, narrow strips.
2. Rub the by-product with pepper, starch and oregano.
3. Chop garlic into strips and onions into cubes.
4. Rinse the zucchini, cut off the tips and cut into circles no more than one centimeter thick.
5. Heat the butter, add olive oil. Fry this liver quickly on both sides.
6. Place the meat in a plate, and in the same pan fry the onion and garlic until transparent.
7. Add the zucchini, turning the vegetable from side to side, lightly fry it.
8. Pour in hot broth, wine, add salt and spices.
9. After boiling, place a deferred liver in a frying pan, mix well.
10. Simmer another five minutes.
Recipe 4. Calf liver beef stroganoff in tomato
• 700-800 grams of calf liver;
• two bulbs;
• two tomatoes;
• salt pepper;
• vegetable oil;
• 50 grams of tomato paste.
1. Onion cut into half rings, peeled tomatoes into small cubes.
2. Fry the onions to an appetizing golden hue, add tomatoes, spices and salt. Tomite about ten minutes.
3. In another skillet over high heat, fry the liver, sliced in longitudinal blocks, to a blush for three to five minutes.
4. Put roasted veal liver to stewed vegetables, add tomato paste mixed with a small amount of water, mix.
5. Stew beef stroganoff from the liver until thick.
Recipe 5. Beef liver stroganoff in the oven
• 850 grams of beef liver;
• 50 ml semi-sweet white wine;
• 300 grams of hard cheese;
• 100 grams of liquid sour cream or thick cream;
• half a kilo of frozen mushrooms;
• pinch of white pepper.
1. Mushrooms thaw, chop the liver into bars, rub the cheese.
2. Make foil portions of sudochki or use special molds. 3. Put the liver in the form, salt and then the mushrooms, sprinkle with white pepper.
4. Pour in the sour cream, cover the pan with a foil lid, cook at 260 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Take beef stroganoff from the liver, remove the cover from the form, sprinkle the liver with mushrooms and grated cheese.
6. Bake another ten minutes, and then soak the dish in the oven off for another five minutes.
Recipe 6. Chicken liver beef stroganoff with sweet pepper and onion
• a pound of chicken liver;
• two sweet peppers;
• 50 grams of sour cream;
• a glass of chicken broth;
• vegetable oil;
• seasonings and spices to taste.
1. Rinse and chop the chicken liver thoroughly. Salt, season with spices.
2. Fry in butter until golden brown.
3. In another pan, fry the shredded onion until soft, add the peppers, cut into strips. Pass until cooked.
4. Combine the liver with vegetables, pour in broth and sour cream, simmer over low heat for ten minutes.
5. Ready beef stroganoff from chicken liver sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Recipe 7. Beef liver stroganoff with prunes
• 300 grams of beef liver;
• 80 grams of sour cream;
• A handful of pitted prunes;
• 10 grams of tomato sauce;
• 20 grams of flour;
1. Beef liver cut into longitudinal slices.
2. On ghee, pass the chopped onion, transfer the golden-blended vegetable to a plate.
3. In the same pan fry the liver.
4. In another dry skillet, fry the flour until light brown for the sauce.
5. Pour sour cream and tomato sauce into the flour. Stir with a fork, treading the mass until thick.
6. Pour the fragrant sauce to the liver, add onion, a little salt, chopped prunes.
7. Simmer on low heat for ten minutes.
Recipe 8. Pork liver beef stroganoff with vegetables
• a pound of pork liver;
• one tomato;
• 200 grams of beans;
• half a cup of red wine;
• hot pepper pod;
• half a pack of butter;
• two large onions;
• Bell pepper;
• salt, black pepper and red;
• half a cup of sour cream; • 50 grams of flour.
1. Cut the liver in longitudinal pieces, fry in butter until tender.
2. In another container, fry the vegetables: first the onion rings, then add the cubes of pepper, soaked beans for the night, finely chopped tomato.
3. When the vegetables are ready, pour in the wine, salt it, add ground pepper and chopped chili pepper.
4. Simmer to half the liquid.
5. Add the ready pork liver mixed with sour cream flour to the vegetables.
6. Stir, then simmer for another five minutes, remove beef stroganoff from the fire.
Beef stroganoff from the liver - tricks, tips
• The advantage of beef stroganoff from the liver over the same meat-cooked dish is that the liver is much softer, cooks quickly, and does not even need to be beaten.
• Beef Stroganoff liver cut into longitudinal strips. Ideally, the width should not exceed one centimeter, and the length of the piece should be up to 7-8 centimeters.
• If the liver is slightly frozen before cooking, it will be much easier to cut it.
• If you are cooking in large quantities, fry the liver in small portions. To by-product browned on all sides quickly and beautifully, the pieces should not touch.
• It is possible to prepare a sauce for beef stroganoff not only from sour cream, but also from a mixture of sour cream with tomato paste or sauce, as well as from heavy cream.
• You should not experiment with spices, the dish is ideally combined only with ground peppers: red, black, white.
• It takes from thirty to fifty minutes to prepare the dish.
• The perfect side dishes for liver beef strogans will be mashed potatoes, boiled rice, crumbly buckwheat porridge, and stewed vegetables.
• Serve the dish only hot, in a slightly cooled form the taste of the dish becomes not so refined and subtle.