Flapjacks are cooked in many different countries. Somewhere they are served instead of bread, somewhere they serve as a self-contained snack. They can even be made sweet by turning it into dessert for tea. Different nations have their own traditions on this, but the general principles are still very similar. Most of the cakes are made from unleavened dough, mixed with water, milk or dairy products. Dough on kefir for cakes is considered one of the most successful. Products from it turn out gentle, magnificent and long do not stale. Kefir dough allows you to make cakes in the oven and in the pan, with or without the filling. There are so many recipes for these products that it’s hard not to find an option to your taste.
Flapjacks are one of the simplest dough products, even an aspiring cook will be able to bake them, it’s enough to follow some recommendations. The mixing process for kefir dough cakes has its own specifics.
- Flatbread can be made not only from wheat but also from rye flour, as well as on a mixture of wheat flour with buckwheat, oatmeal. It is only important that the flour was of high quality. The second-rate product gives the product a gray color and an unpleasant smell; they become less tasty and appetizing.
- Any flour must be sieved before kneading the dough. The main purpose of this manipulation is not to rid the product of insect larvae and small litter - the main task here is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes easy. This flour is easier to mix with other components, preventing the formation of lumps. Products from it turn out more air.
- Kefir for dough can be taken any fat content, but if it turns out to be too liquid, you will have to add a little more flour than indicated in the recipe.
- Many housewives prefer to use sour kefir, as the dough on it turns out to be more lush. This is permissible, but still obviously spoiled fermented milk product should not be used for culinary purposes, since it develops pathogenic microorganisms. Another thing, if kefir just started souring.
- To make the tortillas more fluffy, baking powder is often added to the dough. They can be ordinary soda. If kefir is sour, it is not necessary to quench it with vinegar, although this is not prohibited.
- The dough for the cakes often need to be well kneaded so that the gluten contained in the flour is released. Ready dough give time to relax. Half an hour will be enough. During this time, the gluten will swell, making the dough more malleable. To the dough during this time is not overwhelmed, it is put in a bag, covered with a bowl or wrapped with cling film.
- Dough made from kefir dough can be cooked both in a frying pan and in an oven, but they are often fried and not baked. If there is butter in the dough, you can lay out the blanks on a dry frying pan, after you have heated it. If there is no oil in the test, they can grease the pan, but only with a very thin layer, using a cooking brush.
Ready-made tortillas are most often stacked, greased with butter. From this they become much tastier and more satisfying.
Kefir dough for egg cakes
- wheat flour - 0.75 kg;
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 5 g;
- soda - 5 g.
- Remove the egg and kefir from the refrigerator beforehand - by the time the dough is prepared they must have time to warm up at least to room temperature.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add sugar and salt to it, rub it.
- Add kefir. Beat it together with an egg with a whisk or a mixer, so that a homogeneous composition of the liquid mass.
- Add soda, mix. Pour in oil, stir again.
- Sift flour. In parts, pour it into a liquid base, each time stirring the composition until uniform, to prevent the formation of lumps.
- When the dough becomes difficult to stir with a spoon or spatula, place it on the working surface of the table, after having sprinkled it with flour. Complete the kneading process with your hands. At this stage it should be soft and even slightly sticky. But, forming the cakes, you will sprinkle the dough with flour, so that the products will still be quite dense.
- Form a ball from the dough, wrap it with cling film and leave it for half an hour at room temperature.
After a specified time, the dough can be torn off pieces the size of a tennis ball, rolled into balls, flatten and rolled on the board, turning into cakes. Fry them in a hot, hot frying pan on both sides until they are well browned.
Rye cakes on kefir
- rye flour - 0, 4 l;
- kefir - 0, 4 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, coriander seeds - to taste.
- Sift flour. Mix it with salt and coriander.
- Connect it with kefir. Start stirring, gradually adding the butter.
- After mixing the ingredients, put the dough on a floured board, knead it with your hands.
- Roll the bun from the dough, put it in a plastic bag and leave it for half an hour at room temperature.
Make cakes from dough, put them on a parchment-covered baking sheet, chop with a fork and send to an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 20 minutes. Products may well replace rye bread.
Chef dough on cheesecake
- kefir - 0, 25 l;
- cheese - 0, 2 kg;
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- salt - a pinch;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- sugar - a pinch.
- Chop grated cheese with small holes.
- Sift flour, mix with baking powder.
- Pour the kefir in a bowl, add salt and sugar to it, mix.
- Pour flour into a bowl with kefir, stir the products until smooth. Flour lumps in the resulting mass should not be.
- Enter the cheese, knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a bowl and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4-8 pieces (depending on the size of the pan). Roll each piece into a round layer about half a centimeter thick.
The flat cakes are fried in a dry frying pan and put in a pile, generously greased with butter.
Flapjacks are popular in many countries. They can not only replace bread, but also serve as a separate dish. From the dough on kefir they turn out lush, soft, pleasant to the taste. It is noticed that dough products mixed with fermented milk products do not harden as quickly as they are made with milk or water.