Pickled tomatoes do not need advertising. Each housewife engaged in preparations for the future, has its favorite recipe for such tomatoes. They can be made sharp, sour, sweet. It all depends on the spices and spice plants that were added to the jar when canning.
Marinated tomatoes are good not only in the form of an independent snack, but also as an addition to many dishes. They are put in a lagman, pizza, soup zazharku, from pickled green tomatoes they cook pickle and hodgepodge.
Marinated tomatoes are stored better than cucumbers. Due to their natural acid and the addition of vinegar to the marinade, they have almost no bombing. But still, this type of workpiece requires careful implementation of all requirements.
Pickled tomatoes: cooking subtleties
- Tomatoes of any degree of maturity are suitable for preserving: red, pink, brown and even green. They must be strong, without damage and dents. It is advisable to use fleshy varieties of tomatoes with a dense skin, then the fruit during the heat treatment does not burst, and during storage is not limp.
- Because of the large amount of juice, tomatoes are not soaked before canning, but only washed thoroughly in cold water. Then the peduncles are removed, and the fruits in that place are punctured with a toothpick. This is done so that the skin of the tomatoes does not burst when they are boiled.
- For pickling tomatoes use a classic bunch of spices: dill, parsley, celery, basil, as well as bay leaf, garlic, pepper, horseradish. To improve the taste with the tomatoes put Bulgarian pepper, cucumbers, onions. Bulgarian pepper washed, cut in half, remove the seed chamber with seeds. Cucumbers need to pre-soak for 2-3 hours, and then wash well, cutting off the ends. Onions cleaned, washed, sometimes blanched for 2 minutes. Greens are sorted, removed yellowed and rotted branches, thoroughly washed in several waters.
- The safety of pickled tomatoes depends largely on the cleanliness of the container. Banks must be washed with soda, then rinsed and sterilized. Large banks are treated with steam, setting them on the kettle with the lid open, in which water boils. Liter cans can be calcined in the oven or filled with water and placed in a microwave. As soon as the water boils, it is poured, and the jar is turned over on a towel and allowed to drain. Caps are washed and boiled in a saucepan with water for 3-5 minutes.
- Many housewives are interested in how many tomatoes fit in a liter, two-liter or three-liter jar. If you stack tomatoes tightly, then they will need about half of the volume of the jar. That is, in a liter jar you can put 0, 5-0, 6 kg of tomatoes, in a two-liter - 1, 1-1, 2 kg, in a three-liter - 2-2, 1 kg. But it depends on the size of the tomatoes, and on their shape.
- To calculate the amount of marinade, you need to put the prepared tomatoes in sterile jars with spices and spices. One jar will require a marinade in half the capacity of the container. Some water (200 ml per 1 liter jar) is added in case of spilling while pouring tomatoes, as the jars are filled with marinade so that it spills a little over the edge.
- To measure the amount of water for the marinade more accurately, tomatoes with spices are placed in jars, poured with cold water. Then close the jar with a nylon cap with holes and pour the water into a measuring container. So do with all banks. Then add some water to the reserve and in this water put sugar and salt. The remaining marinade can be used next time. It is cooled, poured into a jar and stored in the refrigerator for no more than 2-3 days.
- Tomatoes are poured over with marinade to the very edge of the cans, so that there is as little air as possible inside. The fact is that, although acetic acid is a preservative product and inhibits the activity of many microorganisms, it is easily destroyed by mold fungi, which multiply in the presence of air.
- Vinegar is recommended to be added to the jar just before closing. It is desirable to use vinegar essence, because such canned food is better and better stored.
- Pickled tomatoes are preserved with or without sterilization, using double or triple pouring. In the latter case, the rules of sanitation should be implemented more carefully.
Tomatoes marinated in one-liter jars
Ingredients (per 10 liter cans):
- tomatoes - 5, 5-6 kg;
- horseradish - 4 g;
- green dill - 10 g;
- dill seeds - pinch;
- parsley, celery - 5 g;
- red chilli pepper - 1, 5 g;
- bay leaf - 0, 5 pcs .;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- tarragon - 1, 5 g;
- marinade filling - 4, 5-5 l.
For marinade (per liter of water):
- salt - 50 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- Acetic essence 70% - 20 ml.
- Sort out the tomatoes. Leave the same size and the same degree of maturity. Remove the stalk. Wash in cold water. If the peel of tomatoes is thin, chop them in the region of the stem. Solid tomatoes can not impale: they do not burst.
- Wash the greens. Let the water drain.
- Prepare sterile one-liter jars and lids.
- Put the tomatoes in the jars, putting them in spices. Try to keep the container as empty as possible. Nether fill with greens.
- Cook the marinade. To do this, pour water into the pot at a normal rate. Put salt and sugar. Boil for 5-10 minutes. If the marinade turned out to be cloudy, filter it hot through the linen fabric. Bring to the boil again.
- Fill them with tomatoes in jars.
- Before adding the essence, decide which tomatoes you want to get in the end: slightly acidic, acidic or sharp. For subacid tomatoes a liter jar is enough to put 7 ml of essence. For sour tomatoes, increase the amount of essence to 14 ml. To make tomatoes sharp, you need to pour up to 20 ml of acid into the jar.
- Banks with covers. Place them in a wide pan, at the bottom of which lay a soft cloth. Pour hot water to the coat hangers. Put on the fire. Pasteurize 25 minutes at 85 °. Water should not boil.
- Remove the cans from the water and roll up immediately. Turn upside down, setting them on a flat, covered with a soft cloth surface. Wrap a blanket. In this form, leave for a day until cool.
Canned pickled tomatoes: the first recipe
Ingredients (per 1 liter jar):
- tomatoes - 500-600 g;
- Table vinegar 5 percent - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- onions - 1 small onion;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- black pepper - 3 peas;
- clove -2 bud;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- dill, basil, tarragon, celery - 15-20 g.
For marinade (per liter of water):
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Select tomatoes of the same size and ripeness. Wash in cold water, immediately removing the peduncle.
- Prepare sterile jars with lids.
- Pour vinegar into each jar, put all the spices. Then lay the tomatoes. Greens can be distributed among the fruits.
- To pour, pour water into the pot, add salt and sugar. Boil a few minutes. Hot marinade pour tomatoes. Cover the jars with lids.
- Put in a pan with hot water. Sterilize in boiling water for 8 minutes. To prevent water from entering the banks, it should only reach their shoulders.
- Remove the jars from the water and immediately seal the bottle tightly.
- Turn them upside down, cover with a blanket. Leave to cool.
Marinated tomatoes, canned without sterilization
Ingredients (per two-liter jar):
- tomatoes - 1, 1-1, 3 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- medium onion - 1 pc .;
- black pepper peas - 6 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- dill - 2 umbrellas;
- celery - 1 sprig;
- horseradish - 1/4 sheet.
- water - 1 l;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 70% acetic essence - 1 tsp.
- Pick the same sized tomatoes. Wash them, cutting off the stalk.
- Place tightly in sterile jars. Place spices and spices between them.
- Fill the contents of the can with boiling water. Wait 20 minutes. Put the capron lid on the jar with the holes through which this water is poured.
- Cook the marinade separately. Pour a liter of water (per can) into the pan, plus another 100 ml. Put salt and sugar. Boil for 5-10 minutes. Pour hot tomatoes with boiling marinade. Add essence.
- Banks tightly close the lids. Turn them upside down, wrap a blanket. Leave to cool.
Sweet pickled tomatoes
Ingredients (for 1 three-liter jar):
- tomatoes - 2-2, 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- water - 1, 5-1, 6 l;
- salt - 60 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- 9% vinegar - 2 tbsp. l
- Pick ripe tomatoes. Wash them, remove the stalk.
- Wash Bulgarian pepper, cut it in half, scrub the seeds. Cut along slices.
- Prepare sterile three-liter jars. Fill them tightly with tomatoes. Spread the pepper between them.
- Fill the tomatoes with boiling water, cover with lids, wait for 20 minutes.
- Close the jar with a nylon cap with holes (or specially purchased in the store). Through them, pour the water into the pan. Put salt and sugar on the norm. Add vinegar. No other spices are required for this recipe.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and fill them with tomatoes.
- Cover with sterile caps and seal hermetically.
- Turn upside down, wrap with a blanket, leave to cool completely.
Tomatoes marinated with apples
Ingredients (for 1 three-liter jar):
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- apples are firm, ripe - 1-2 pcs .;
- sweet pepper - 1 pc .;
- parsley - 1 sprig.
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- Acetic essence - 1 tsp.
- Pick out medium-sized tomatoes of oblong shape. Wash in cold water, remove the stem.
- Wash apples. Cut in half, remove the seed pods. Cut into wide slices. To prevent the apples from getting dark in the air, immerse them in slightly acidified water.
- Pepper wash, cut in half, clean from seeds. Rinse the parsley under running water.
- Prepare sterile jars. Wash the caps with soda, boil for 5 minutes in water.
- Tomatoes mixed with apples put in jars. Nether fill with pepper and herbs.
- Tomatoes pour boiling water and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the water in a saucepan using a lid with holes. Add salt, sugar, essence. Marinade boil for 5 minutes, and then fill them with tomatoes.
- Immediately seal hermetically with sterile caps. Turn the cans upside down, cover with a blanket. In this position, let them cool completely.
Marinated Green Tomatoes
- green tomatoes - 2-2, 2 kg;
- garlic - 1 head;
- carrots - 0, 5 pcs .;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
- parsley - 1 sprig;
- black pepper peas - 10 pcs.
- water - 1, 5 l;
- salt - 1, 5 st. l .;
- sugar - 0, 5 st .;
- 6% vinegar - 4 tbsp. l
- Pick green tomatoes of the same size. It is not necessary to marinate very small, because they can taste bitter. It is best to preserve tomatoes of light green color, which are already going to turn pink. Wash them in cold water while removing the sepals.
- Divide garlic into cloves, peel. Wash under running water. Cut into slices.
- Peel carrots, wash, cut into slices.
- Wash Bulgarian pepper, cut it in half, remove seeds. Cut into wide strips.
- Slice the tomatoes crosswise and put 1-2 slices of garlic inwards.
- Prepare sterile three-liter jars. At the bottom lay circles of carrots, peppercorns. Fill a jar with tomatoes. Place strips of pepper and parsley in the void.
- Fill the tomatoes with boiling water, cover with lids and soak for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook the marinade. Pour water in a saucepan in the norm, put salt and sugar. Stir, put on the fire and boil for 5-10 minutes. Add vinegar.
- Pour the water from the cans with tomatoes through the lid with holes, and pour boiling marinade instead.
- Close the cans with sterile caps and immediately seal the can. Turn upside down, wrap with a blanket, cool.
Marinated tomatoes for the winter: a recipe with photos
List of ingredients per 1 liter jar:
- 500-600 g of tomatoes.
For 1 liter of marinade:
- 50 g of salt;
- 25 g of sugar;
- 3 tbsp. l vinegar 9%;
- a pair of garlic cloves;
- 5-6 allspice and black pepper;
- bay leaf.
1. Go through the tomatoes, choose dense, strong fruits, they should not be overripe, but only ripe or slightly unripe. Rinse thoroughly with running water, remove the tails.
2. Banks should be thoroughly cleaned and sterilized by placing them above a pan of boiling water. Dip covers in boiling water for a few seconds. In the jars, put bay leaf (2-3 pieces), a pair of cloves of garlic, black and allspice peas (5-6 pieces per 1 liter jar).
3. Fill the jars with tomatoes all the way up, tamp them more tightly, so that there will not be too much emptiness in the jars.
4. Pour boiling water over the vegetables in the jars, cover with lids and leave for 10-15 minutes.
5. Gently pour the water from the cans into the pan, add salt, sugar, put on the stove and bring to a boil. After boiling add vinegar and turn off the gas.
6. Pour boiling brine into the tomatoes in the jars and roll up with sterile caps. Tilt the tomatoes, marinated for the winter, with lids down and wrap a blanket until it cools completely.
Store tomatoes in a cool dark place.
Mistress to note
When pickling tomatoes, you can use other spices. For example, when adding coriander, tomatoes are unusually tasty and fragrant. But since coriander has a very strong peculiar smell, for the first time it is advisable to make 1-2 jars - per sample.
You can experiment with the amount of salt and sugar. If you put 50 g of salt and sugar in 1 liter of water, then the brine is obtained in a measure salty, with a slight taste of sweetness. Also, do not be zealous with vinegar. Its excess affects the quality of tomatoes.