Tkemali is a sweet and sour sauce, which is ideal for meat and fish dishes. This recipe describes in detail how to make yellow cherry plum tkemali for the winter. By the way, tkemali can be not only canned, but also cooked for 1 time, for example, when you decide to fry kebabs, and you cannot do without a tasty savory sauce. Tkemali is also an indispensable supplement for many Caucasian dishes, such as spicy kharcho soup.
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg of cherry plum;
- 5-6 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tsp. salts;
- 3 tsp. Sahara;
- 0, 5 tsp. ground coriander;
- 7-8 cilantro twigs;
- 1 hot pepper;
1. Go through the plum, you need fruits of medium ripeness, but not overripe. Cherry plum can also be slightly underripe. Wash it thoroughly, remove debris and tails.
2. Fill with water and boil on the stove. After boiling water, turn down the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, covered with a pot lid.
3. Transfer boiled cherry plum into a colander, drain the water. Begin to grind, separating the bones.
4. It is convenient to choose the bones with your hands, but for this you need to wait for the plum to cool slightly.
5. We shift the ground cherry plum into a blender, add peeled garlic cloves, and cilantro twigs. Bitter pepper is cut into several pieces and sent to the bowl. If there is, you can add mint, but for tkemali, the mint type “swamp” is used, and it is not so easy to find.
6. Twist the cherry plum with garlic and herbs on a blender. It turns out a homogeneous yellow-green mass with a delicious spicy smell.
7. We send a lot of cherry plum, herbs, garlic and pepper to the stove, bring to a boil.
8. Add salt, sugar and ground coriander according to the recipe. With bitter pepper tkemali is quite spicy, but you can add spice by sprinkling red pepper. Stir and heat on the stove for 5-7 minutes.
9. Spread out the ready hot tkemali in sterile jars, tighten with sterile caps.
To store the yellow cherry plum tkemali should be in a dark cool place. In addition to meat and fish, tkemali goes well with new potatoes, scrambled eggs, and the most ardent fans of this sauce smear it on bread.