Chicken terrine with zucchini and spinach is a juicy, aromatic and very tasty dish, which is a meat casserole with eggs, milk, zucchini and spinach. To make the dish more appetizing in appearance, you need to “cover” the baking dish with stripes of zucchini. The casserole itself turns out to be a bit loose, but the shape holds perfectly - it is easy to cut it like a cake. The fact that the stuffing is baked, and not fried in the form of meatballs, makes the dish quite dietary.
List of ingredients:
- 700 g of chicken meat,
- 1 large onion,
- 2 chicken eggs,
- 1 rusk,
- 6-7 leaves of spinach,
- 1 zucchini,
- 1 tsp. salt,
- 50 ml of milk,
- 0, 5 tsp. spices,
- 0, 5 tsp. butter,
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh parsley.
1. Of course, the most delicious mince - made at home from fresh meat. The chicken should not be lean, so if you use the breast, you can also add a piece of bacon. Also, twist together with the meat the peeled large onion and the toast of wheat bread.
2. To a twisted minced meat, add a pair of chicken eggs.
3. Add milk to the bowl, salt and add spices, mix.
4. Fresh greens (parsley and spinach) wash and dry with a towel, then finely chop and pour into a bowl with minced meat, and again mix everything.
5. In order to thinly chop a fresh zucchini, you will need a special vegetable peeler. Pre squash need to wash and trim the tips. The remaining pieces of zucchini, which can no longer be finely chopped, can be crushed and mixed with minced meat.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil, brush it with butter. Then in a form lay out strips of vegetable marrows with an overlap, on a circle.
7. Put the mince in the middle, level and cover the form with foil.
8. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place the form with the future terrine there. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and allow the casserole to brown for another 20 minutes.
9. Terrin gently remove it from the mold and remove the foil. Serve whole on a platter or in portions. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving.