According to historians, soup is present in the Russian national cuisine (and is its central dish) for more than 10 centuries, from the time when they began to grow cabbage in Russia.
This is a very simple dish made from raw vegetables. The main feature that distinguishes the cabbage soup from other similar cabbage dishes is the sour taste, which does not embellish and is not eclipsed by other ingredients, but on the contrary is the note for which the dish is loved and appreciated.
Even more pronounced sourness is obtained if you add in the cabbage is not raw cabbage, but sour.
- chicken meat - 300 g;
- fresh cabbage - 500 g;
- 3 potatoes;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- salt, spices;
- 2, 5 liters of water.
1. Before cooking, you need to prepare all the necessary products.
2. Chicken meat (in this case, the thigh) is divided into smaller pieces.
3. Place the chicken and one peeled onion in the soup pot. Fill all with water and set the broth to boil. When the liquid boils, we slightly salt it, and leave it on the fire for half an hour.
4. One small carrot must be cut into thin circles. It is necessary to cut and pepper.
5. We clean the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Put carrots, peppers, and potato slices in boiling broth and cook for another quarter of an hour.
6. Shred cabbage. It is desirable that the pieces were thin.
7. Cabbage is sent to the soup. After boiling, season the dish to taste and boil over low heat for about 7 minutes.
8. Fresh cabbage cabbage soup ready! Feeding to the table, you can decorate with a sprig of your favorite greens.