In the menu of some Japanese restaurants you can find such a name as “yaki sauce”. Most often it is used to make baked rolls. They are covered with a delicious appetizing layer. Such a crust, many housewives want to get when baking in the oven, fish and other dishes. They are interested in the composition of an unusual seasoning, but it is not easy to find. The problem is that “yaki”, translated from Japanese, means “fried”, and many seasonings of those used in baking or frying products fall under this definition. The leader among them is spicy sauce, in which rolls are baked more often, but teriyaki sauce belongs to the same group of seasonings, leaving glossy icing on the surface. The recipe is chosen depending on which version of the coating you want to get.
A hostess who wants to cook Japanese cuisine at home needs to know a few moments, otherwise she will have many questions in the culinary process, and the result may not meet the expectations.
- Japanese sauce may include products that are not rare in the Land of the Rising Sun itself, but are not very common elsewhere, difficult to obtain or almost impossible to get. The question arises whether it is possible to replace them with something. Fully adequate replacement of most ingredients does not exist, but you can pick up almost identical in appearance and taste. Rice dessert wine Mirin can be replaced by sherry or a drink similar to it, but taken in a slightly smaller quantity. Pollock or carp roe can be an imitation of flying fish roe. There are adapted recipes where exotic ingredients have already been replaced by more familiar and affordable ones.
- Yaki sauce may seem too spicy to many. The number of pungent ingredients in it can be adjusted to your liking. The rest of the ratio of components is better not to change, otherwise the result will be unpredictable.
- Japanese dishes, including yaki sauce, have a specific taste. If you are cooking for the first time, do not do in large quantities.
- The basis for yaks, which do not contain perishable products, can be made for future use and used for three weeks, keeping it in the refrigerator. However, perishable ingredients, such as caviar, vegetables, are added to the sauce immediately before use.
The yaki sauce recipes do not resemble one another, since variations of different types of seasonings may appear under this name. The technology will depend on the chosen recipe.
Yaki Sauce with Honey
- soy sauce - 120 ml;
- honey - 40 ml;
- Mirin - 120 ml;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- ginger - 20 g.
Method of preparation:
- Ginger root clean, rub or chop in a blender, after cutting the product into small pieces.
- Crush the garlic or pass it through a hand press.
- Mix soy sauce with mirin. It can be replaced with white grape wine.
- Pour the mixture with garlic and ginger, mix.
- Add honey and set on low heat.
- Heat, stirring, until the honey is completely dissolved.
The yaki sauce made according to this recipe is used for roasting fish, chicken, pork. Pre-products can be marinated in it. It is also known as “teriyaki”.
Yaki Sauce for Rolls
- mayonnaise - 0, 2 l;
- chili paste - 5 ml;
- soy sauce - 30 ml;
- flying fish roe - 40 g.
Method of preparation:
- In mayonnaise add soy sauce, whisk together.
- Gradually add pepper paste, whipping sauce and tasting it. Even if you like spicy food, it is recommended to limit yourself to a teaspoon of spicy product.
- Add flying fish roe. If desired, you can replace it with canned caviar of cod or pollock. Even more like her caviar carp.
- Whisk with a whisk to obtain a uniform consistency.
If you want to make baked rolls at home, use the best yaki recipe. In the cold version, seasoning is known as a type of spicy sauce.
Yaki sauce for chicken
- sugar - 30 g;
- Lemongrass - 20 g (can be replaced with lemon zest);
- apple - 40 g;
- starch - 6 g;
- ginger root - 8 g;
- soy sauce - 100 ml;
- Mirin - 120 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Mix white or semi-sweet white wine with soy sauce.
- Apples peel. Cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Chop the peel or grate.
- Grind grated ginger.
- Put the mixture of soy sauce and wine on low heat. Heat, stirring, until about one fifth is evaporated.
- Add sugar, apples, zest and cook for 20 minutes.
- Return to the stove.
- Dissolve starch in a little water, add to sauce.
- Cook it for 5 minutes, cool.
In a sauce, you can marinate the pieces of chicken before baking or frying. Chilled sauce can be served separately. Also this seasoning is called yakitori sauce.
Yaki sauce is the common name for condiments that are used in Japanese cuisine when baking food. The recipe must be chosen taking into account what you intend to cook with this sauce.