Most of our “standard” cereal soups are prepared according to one principle: beef broth, potatoes, carrots, onions, cereals and seasonings (and sometimes dressing of browned vegetables). Pea soup is no exception, but differs in greater richness, pleasant consistency and beautiful color.
On sale pea groats can be in different forms - sometimes they are simply dried fruits of ripe peas, and sometimes they are specially processed. The first type of cereal requires pre-soaking and long cooking, the second can be added to the finished meat broth along with the rest of the ingredients.
- meat (smoked, on bone or others) - 1/2 kg;
- peas - 1 cup;
- carrots - 1 thing;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 piece;
- onions - 1 head;
- garlic clove - 1;
- potatoes - 2 pieces;
- salt, seasonings and spices to your taste.
How to cook pea soup with meat
1. First prepare the products. We pre-soak the peas in water so that it will boil faster. We recommend leaving it for the whole night. With onions and garlic we remove husks. We clean and wash the potatoes, carrots and peppers. At the bell pepper we take out the core with the seeds.
2. We cut the meat into small pieces. Onion cut into two halves.
3. Fill with the right amount of water, set on a small fire. Periodically remove the foam with a slotted spoon so that the broth is transparent.
4. We cut the carrot along into two parts, and then into halves of circles.
5. Finely chop the garlic cloves, not press them through the press.
6. Approximately half an hour before the end of cooking, we put garlic in the soup.
7. Cut the potatoes into arbitrary slices.
8. Add potatoes and peas after garlic. Crushed pepper into small cubes and put it the latest.
9. Then pour seasonings, spices, salt and cook until ready.
10. We take out two parts of the onion and pour the finished soup into saucers and garnish with greens, add croutons to it if desired.