Fried shrimp are among the most popular seafood dishes. They are served separately, used to make salads, pasta and other dishes. They look appetizing and can be used to decorate various seafood dishes. In many cafes and restaurants, fried shrimp or dishes from them occupy the first lines of the menu. If you know how to fry prawns in a frying pan, you can enjoy this delicacy at home and treat them to guests at home. With knowledge of some of the subtleties with the preparation of such dishes, even inexperienced cooks successfully cope.
When cooking at home seafood, you need to know a few moments, otherwise the result may not meet the expectations. Shrimp this rule applies in the first place, as they are easy to spoil.
- The main task of the hostess is to choose high-quality shrimps, as they turn out to be the most delicious and healthy. On sale you can find fresh, fresh-frozen and cooked-frozen seafood. If they are damaged, dark spots can be found on their shells, such crustaceans are best left in the store. When choosing an ice cream product, you should pay attention to the amount of ice - the icing should be thin and even. Chunks of ice or snow in a bag are signs that the product has been defrosted. The size of the shrimp and their shelf life can be judged by the inscriptions on the package. The fractional number, which can often be seen on the package with shrimps, indicates how many mollusks there are per kilogram — the smaller the number, the larger the shrimp.
- You can fry shrimps both in the shell and without it. In shell, they are more juicy and tender. Usually, in the shell of crustaceans, mollusks are cooked if desired, served as a main dish. If shrimps are used for a salad or other dish, it is more convenient to cook them peeled. Tiger and king prawns fry almost always in their shells, clean them if necessary afterwards.
- Before frying in a pan, shrimp can not be thawed. They are spread on a hot skillet and fried without a lid over medium heat until the liquid formed during heating evaporates from the pan. After that, oil, spices, other ingredients are added to the pan, and seafood is brought to readiness. If you decide to defrost the shrimps before cooking, they are best served to thaw at room temperature or under a stream of cool water. Accelerate the process using a microwave can not.
- Before you put the shrimp in the pan, it must be heated.
- Frying time of shrimps depends on their size and initial condition. Fresh and fresh-frozen small-sized shrimps prepare 8 minutes, large - 10 minutes, royal and tiger - 12 minutes. Cooked and frozen shrimps prepare for 2-3 minutes faster. In shell or not, it does not matter. Shrimp's readiness can be judged by their color and shape. Ready-made shrimps lose their transparency and fold.
- If you fry shrimps on butter or on its mixture with olive oil, they will be more tender and refined.
The taste of fried shrimp depends largely on what spices, spices and other ingredients were used in their preparation, so there are many recipes for this dish.
Fried shrimp with lemon juice and garlic
- frozen shrimps in their shells - 0.5 kg;
- salt - 20 g;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
Method of preparation:
- Squeeze juice out of lemon.
- Pass the garlic cloves through the press.
- Heat the pan. Place the shrimp on it without thawing. Warm them over medium heat, without covering the pan with a lid, until the liquid evolved from the shrimps is evaporated from the pan.
- Add butter. Fry the shrimp on both sides, giving each side 2-4 minutes depending on the size of the crustaceans.
- Salt, pour lemon juice, leave on the pan for another 1-2 minutes.
- Put in a bowl, add chopped garlic, mix.
When serving, you can decorate the dish with sprigs of fresh herbs, lemon slices or lime.
Shrimps fried with pepper and garlic
- shrimp in shell (preferably large) - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- chilli pepper (capillary) - 10 g;
- lime or lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- soy sauce - to taste;
- butter - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Thaw shrimp, peel.
- Cut the garlic into small plates, pepper - rings. Remove the seeds from the pepper rings.
- Melt butter in a pan, put garlic and pepper in it. Cook them over medium heat until the garlic turns dark.
- Remove the peppers and garlic from the pan, put the shrimps on it.
- Fry them for 4-5 minutes on each side, covering the pan with a lid.
- Put the fried shrimp in the dish, sprinkle with lemon juice. Separately serve soy sauce.
This appetizer has a savory taste, it will appeal to lovers of spicy dishes. Similarly, you can cook shrimp with ginger - it is cut into plates, which are replaced with chilean pepper rings. If instead of butter you use olive oil, there will be no big trouble either.
Shrimp fried in soy sauce
- boiled-frozen shrimps (peeled) - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- butter - 50 g;
- soy sauce - 60-80 ml;
- onions - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Thaw shrimp. Add to them the garlic passed through a press, cover with soy sauce. You can pepper. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Peel the onions, cut into half rings. Fry until golden brown in a small amount of vegetable oil, remove from the pan.
- In a clean pan, melt the butter, add the remaining olive oil to it.
- Wring shrimps from the sauce, put them in a frying pan.
- Fry them for 3-5 minutes, stirring. Cooking time depends on the size of the crustaceans of mollusks.
- Put the shrimp in the dish. Lay the bow on top.
Soy sauce gives seafood a unique taste. Additionally, the dish can be served with slices of lime, sprigs of parsley or dill.
Shrimp fried in batter
- king prawns (boiled-frozen) - 0.5 kg;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- soy sauce - 60 ml;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 50 g;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 100-150 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Shrimps, having thawed, remove from the shell, remove the intestines (dark strips running along the bodies of the crustaceans of mollusks). Fold the shrimp in a bowl.
- Combine the soy sauce with lemon juice squeezed from half of the fruit. Pour the resulting marinade shrimp. Put them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Break eggs into a clean bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk or fork. Add flour. Stir to avoid lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan. It should be a lot.
- Shrimp, taking out of the marinade, dip into the batter and spread on the pan in one layer. Fry for 2 minutes on each side - due to the fact that the shrimp were pickled, they cook quickly.
- Put the finished shrimp on a plate covered with a napkin so that it absorbs the excess oil.
- Also fry the rest of the seafood.
Prawns fried in batter - an exquisite treat that is not ashamed to put on the festive table. Cooked clams in this way is convenient to eat, and they look appetizing. Additionally, the dish with shrimps can be decorated with cherry tomato halves, basil sprigs, and citrus fruits.
Fry shrimp in a pan can be in the shell or peeled. From the sauce and seasonings will depend on the taste of the finished dish. Even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task if he knows the basic principles of cooking this dish.