Irga - an unpretentious crop and capable of producing large yields of sweet berries. They contain a lot of vitamins and microelements that are beneficial to the body, but some of them are destroyed by heat treatment. Save all the value of the berries allows jam from irgi without cooking. The technology of its preparation is simple, but different from the traditional. The proportions of sugar and berry mass are also required by others. Having made such preparation for the winter, you will be provided with a vitamin delicacy for the whole year.
Before you start cooking jams from irgi without cooking, it makes sense to study the features of this process. Then the result will almost certainly meet your expectations.
- Yrga refers to the number of perishable berries, jam from it should be made on the day of harvest, as a last resort - the next.
- Before cooking raw jam, irgu must not only be rinsed well, but also dried. Once in the dessert, tap water can contribute to the development of pathogenic microflora in it, due to which jam will quickly turn sour or moldy.
- As part of shadberry there are organic acids. Upon contact with them, aluminum forms harmful substances. It is not recommended to use aluminum tableware for making berries desserts.
- Irga contains a large amount of sugars, therefore, for making cold jam from it, sugar is taken as much as the berry weight, or even less.
- To give a pleasant sour juice jam made of irgi, it is blended with sour berries or citric acid is added, citrus fruit juice. This has a positive effect on the safety of the workpiece.
- Jar of irgi, no matter how it was prepared, should be laid out in well-washed and sterilized jars. The lids are also sterilized by boiling.
- It is advisable to close the jungle jam with metal lids, ensuring tightness, but the use of plastic is also acceptable.
Store raw jagberry jam in the refrigerator. If you comply with sanitary requirements when preparing a dessert and its storage conditions, it will not deteriorate within a year.
The classic recipe for jam from irgi without cooking
Composition (for 2, 75 liters):
- irga - 2 kg;
- sugar - 1, 5 kg.
- Sort through, wash the irgu.
- Boil the water. Fill the berry with boiling water, leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain. Irga lay on a napkin, wait until the fabric absorbs moisture and the berry becomes dry.
- Turn the berry through a meat grinder or recycle with a blender.
- Mix the berry puree with sugar, leave for 6-8 hours in a cool place. Dessert, it is desirable to periodically mix, so that the sugar dissolves faster.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Spread the berry mass in cans, cork them tightly.
It is possible to store a delicacy exclusively in the refrigerator. It turns out pretty sweet, but pleasant to the taste and appearance.
Gentle irgi jam without boiling
Composition (for 2-2, 5 l):
- irga - 2 kg;
- sugar - 100 g per 100 g of berry puree;
- alcohol - 20-25 ml.
- Pored and washed irguu pour boiling water, leave for 5 minutes, drain the water.
- Give the berry a chance to dry.
- Grind the irgu with a meat grinder or blender.
- Rub the berry mass through a sieve to get a smooth, puree consistency. Weigh mashed potatoes and measure the right amount of sugar.
- Crush sugar using a coffee grinder to a state of powder.
- Mix the irgi puree with powdered sugar. Leave on for 3-4 hours until the sweet product is completely dissolved.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over sterilized jars, cover the jam with alcohol-filled parchment. Roll up cans with prepared lids or close with plastic ones.
The delicacy of irgi prepared according to this recipe has a delicate texture and exquisite taste. There is it nicer than made according to the traditional recipe.
Jamberry jam without cooking with lemon
The composition (1, 5 l):
- shadberry - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc.
- Pick a berry, rinse well under running water. Pour onto a towel so it dries faster.
- Lemon wash, pour boiling water, dry with a napkin. Using a special grater, remove the zest from the fruit. Remove the white layer between the skin and the pulp.
- Cut the lemon pulp into slices, peel, mince.
- Mince the irgu meat grinder.
- Combine the berry mass with lemon puree and zest. Add sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Store for several hours in the refrigerator. Stir periodically. Dessert can be laid out on cans only after the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Spread the dainty over the prepared jars, close them tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
Cold preserved jams of lemon-and-berry jam have a sweet-sour taste and are rich in vitamins, in particular ascorbic acid, which improves immunity.
Irga jam, cooked without cooking, is healthier than traditional. It has a pleasant aroma, appetizing looks, well worth it. Both children and adults enjoy this dessert with pleasure. It is only important to remember that irga and jam from it are not recommended for people who have low blood pressure. When consumed in large quantities, digestive upset may occur. Jagi jam is useful, but in moderation.