Cod is a useful and not too expensive fish. It is delicious fried and stewed, but still the best way to cook it is roasting. Especially tasty and juicy cod, if you cook it immediately with vegetables. In addition, in this case, you will not have to guess what to submit to the fish as a side dish. Cooking cod in the oven with vegetables is quick and easy.
Cod, baked in the oven with vegetables, almost certainly get tasty. However, knowledge of several tips will provide the best result.
- For roasting with vegetables, you can use ready-made frozen fillets, but this option is not the best, though the simplest. The fact is that by buying a ready-made fillet, you cannot be sure of its quality. Production of some manufacturers in the preparation of “disperses” or, on the contrary, the result is very dense and dry. It is much safer to purchase whole cod and personally cut it into fillets.
- Fresh cod is more suitable for baking than frozen.
- Cod may be too dry when baking, especially when it comes to frozen fish. The marinade from sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato sauce, in which you need to hold it for a couple of hours before cooking, will help it to remain juicy. When baking fish in foil, and even with vegetables, the chances of getting a juicy and delicate dish increase significantly.
- Spicy spices and fragrant herbs can overshadow the natural aroma of cod, so they should be used in moderation. It is best to restrict white or black pepper.
- Cod does not have a high fat content, does not have an unpleasant smell, so it is not necessary to use lemon or lemon juice when preparing it. However, you can put in a few pieces of lemon in the oven with it. Also, lemon can be used to decorate the finished dish.
Codfish cooked in the oven with vegetables can be served without garnish. But the sauce does not hurt. It can be tar-tar or lemon sauce.
Cod with vegetables, baked in foil
- cod (carcass) - 0.5 kg;
- bulb onion - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt, white and black pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the cod carcass, remove the scales, fins, gut the fish. Rinse, dry, cut the fillet from both sides with a sharp knife. If you do not have the skills of cutting fish into fillets, you can use already prepared fillets. It will need 2 large pieces, each of which weighs at least 0, 2 kg.
- Rub the fillets on both sides with a mixture of salt and peppers.
- Peel a large onion, cut it into 4 pieces and thinly cut it into quarters of rings.
- Wash the pepper, cut the “tail”, take out the seeds. Cut the pepper into 4 pieces lengthwise and cut each into thin strips.
- Peel carrots, wash them, grate on a coarse grater or grater for Korean snacks.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put the onion quarters of the rings in it and fry them until soft.
- Remove the onions, fry the peppers in the same pan for 10 minutes, remove them and put them to the onions.
- Fry the carrots in the same oil and place them in the rest of the vegetables.
- Stir vegetables.
- Lay a large piece of foil on the table. Put one fillet on it, skin down.
- Put the vegetable mixture on the fish fillet and cover with another piece of cod.
- Wrap the fish in foil, trying to keep a bit of free space inside, but do not leak out the juice when baking from foil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put the fish on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Bake cod with vegetables for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, wait a little while the foil cools, turn the fish. Cut it with a sharp knife into portions. Serve without garnish with lemon juice or sauce.
Cod in the oven with vegetables and cheese
- cod fillets - 0, 8-1 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- potatoes - 1, 5 kg;
- cheese - 0, 25 kg;
- mustard (sauce) - 20 ml;
- mayonnaise - 100 ml;
- seasoning for fish with salt - 20 g;
- green onions - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the cod fillets into large pieces.
- Mix mustard with mayonnaise.
- Peel the vegetables. Cut the potatoes into slices, cut the onions into small pieces, and grate the carrots.
- Fry onion and carrot in vegetable oil until soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and lightly fry the potatoes in the same oil.
- Cover a deep baking sheet with foil or parchment. Put the potatoes.
- Place the fish on top and fry on it.
- Cover the whole mayonnaise-mustard sauce.
- Place the form in an oven heated to 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the form, sprinkle the dish with grated cheese and finely chopped green onions, return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
This dish is very satisfying and tasty. It looks festive and appetizing.
Cod baked in the oven with vegetables is a complete dish. It is easy to cook, but it is very nice. If desired, this dish can be served for the festive table.