Almost like a vinaigrette, someone might say, looking at this recipe. Say - and make a mistake! Indeed, in the vinaigrette, the main taste is set not at all by the beet (although without it in any way), but by the salted cucumber. And in our salad cucumber is fresh, and the dressing is not made from vegetable oil, but from mayonnaise. And the rest, yes - a bit like a vinaigrette. Also beets, also peas. After all, the beauty of culinary creativity is to create many different dishes from a certain set of products.
So, we prepare a simple and delicious beet salad with green peas!
- 1 large beet;
- 1 can of peas (about 200 g);
- 2 fresh cucumbers;
1. Prepare products for salad.
2. Boil the beets in salted water for 40-50 minutes. Checking the beets for readiness is very simple: they can easily be pierced with a fork or knife. After cooling and peeling.
3. Cut the beets into small cubes.
4. Pour the beet cubes into a container for salad. From canned peas, pour out excess water and add it to the salad bowl.
5. Cucumbers are preliminarily peeled, and then also cut into small cubes. The liquid that has stood out when cutting should be drained.
6. We send cucumbers to the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
7. Mix the salad thoroughly.
8. Refuel with the desired amount of mayonnaise. You can use both purchased and cooked mayonnaise yourself from eggs and sunflower oil with a drop of lemon juice.
9. Mix the salad gently until the dressing is evenly distributed.
10. A salad of beets and canned peas is ready! When serving, you can decorate with a sprig of dill or parsley.