In order for chicken cutlets with cabbage to be tasty and soft, it is necessary to blanch the cabbage in advance - if it is of last year’s harvest. Of course, you can chop the cabbage to the state of small crumbs, but in this case it will already get lazy cabbage rolls. Cutlets with cabbage have a slightly different taste and appearance, and also they are not stewed in a tomato-sour cream sauce, but baked.
List of ingredients:
- 500 g of chicken meat,
- 1-2 small bulbs,
- 150 g white cabbage,
- 1, 5 tsp. salt,
- 1 chicken egg,
- 1 tsp. spices,
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil,
- 2 yolks.
1. It is best to make chicken mince yourself, especially since it is very simple. Pieces of chicken meat, a couple of peeled onions, twist through a meat grinder. If the meat is lean, you can add a piece of bacon. Also, along with meat and onions, you can twist a couple of pieces of soaked loaf.
2. Beat a fresh egg into the bowl with minced meat, add salt and spices, for example, dry adjika, a mixture of ground peppers. Stir.
3. Wash and dry the cabbage, then chop finely. If last year's cabbage harvest, it is best to blanch it in salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
4. Mix the minced chicken and cabbage. Now you can start forming patties.
5. Cover the baking sheet with foil or baking paper, grease with vegetable or butter. Form wet oval cutlets with wet hands and place on a baking sheet.
6. In a bowl, beat a couple of chicken yolks, then lightly pat each cutlet with a cooking brush. Send the baking tray to the preheated 180 degree oven. After 25 minutes, if desired, you can turn the patties to the other side.
7. In a total of 40 minutes, the cutlets will be ready. Serve them hot or warm, with side dishes, herbs or vegetables.