Rhubarb is quite a popular product in cooking. From it are prepared and the first and second courses, and a variety of desserts. Probably the most famous today is the rhubarb pie, the recipe for which is every hostess.
We offer to cook a light soup with leaves of this tasty and healthy product. Options for this dish a lot. But whatever ingredients you use in the soup, rhubarb successfully shades, boldly enhances, and skillfully emphasizes the taste of all components, making the dish original and very tasty.
Light and pleasant acidity in the soup will pleasantly surprise everyone who first tastes this wonderful soup.
Ingredients for soup:
- rhubarb leaves - 3-4 medium sized pieces;
- onions - 1 piece;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- potatoes - 3 pieces;
- broth (chicken, pork, beef) - liter;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- sour cream.
1. My leaves are rhubarb, previously separated from the stem. Since rhubarb can be eaten whole, throwing out the stems is optional. They can be successfully used as a filling for pies or make compote. Rhubarb leaves can be torn by hand or cut into small strips.
2. Clean and rinse carrots and onions under running water. Grate carrots on a grater with large holes. Hands cut into quarters.
3. Clean, wash and cut potatoes into medium sized cubes.
4. Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan. Previously prepared carrots and onions are poured into a frying pan and fried in butter until golden brown.
5. Immerse first boiling potatoes in boiling broth. After 20 minutes, when the potatoes are almost cooked, we send roasted carrots and onions to the pan.
6. In order to bring the soup with rhubarb to taste, we will use a minimum of spices. We need black ground pepper, bay leaf.
7. Add spices to the soup. Salt to your liking.
8. It's time to put prepared rhubarb leaves into the pan.
9. Bring the soup to a boil, and continue cooking on a very small fire for 10 minutes. Then turn off the stove and stew the soup for another 10 minutes.
Soup with rhubarb ready!
A spoon of sour cream will only emphasize the taste of the dish. If desired, the soup can be decorated with chopped greens and boiled chicken egg, cut into small cubes.
It will not take long to prepare this delicious soup, and it will diversify a piggy bank of recipes of every hostess.