Proponents of healthy eating have long appreciated the taste and healthy properties of avocado. This fruit is sufficiently calorie due to its high content of vegetable fats, but it contains a lot of valuable substances, including a lot of protein, oleic acid, and a number of macro and microelements. Its flesh is dense and oily, has a neutral taste with creamy and nutty notes. It can be an ideal basis for pies, as it easily turns into a paste and goes well with a variety of products. Some cooks prefer making avocado pate with fish and seafood, others with nuts and vegetables, and others like pasta made from avocado alone, supplemented only with spices or lemon juice. There are so many recipes of this dish that it is difficult to find a person who does not like any of the variations of this dish.
Avocado pate can be spread on bread, wrapped in pita bread, filled with tartlets or wafer rolls. It is eaten for breakfast, used as a snack. This snack can be prepared for the festive table, and guests will certainly be satisfied with such a treat. The advantage of the dish is the simplicity and speed of its preparation. It is enough to learn a few general principles of creating this dish, and it will be possible to make it according to the author’s recipes, without fear that the result may not meet the expectations of the chef.
- Avocados for cooking pate need to use ripe. If you get too hard fruit, let it lie for several days and ripen. In immature fruits, the pulp is bitter and has a too thick texture.
- Pate made from raw avocado. This fruit is not recommended to be heat treated. Under the influence of high temperature, the organoleptic qualities of avocado do not change for the better.
- The taste of avocado pulp is not expressive enough to be used for pâté, without adding anything, even spices and lemon juice.
- A lot of oil should not be added to avocado pate, since the pulp of this fruit already has an oily structure and contains a large amount of fat.
- Ripe avocado pulp is enough to knead with a fork, but to get a more uniform composition of the pie, beat it with a blender.
- Avocado pate will help to make boiled eggs, cheese, nuts, cottage cheese added to it. This fruit is well combined with fish, including canned fish and seafood. Its union with meat is less harmonious, it is usually not added to the avocado pate.
- The components that make up the avocado pate can be crushed in a blender along with the pulp of this fruit or finely chopped and added to the pate after. Sometimes seafood and vegetables are laid on a pate after being laid out on tartlets or spread on bread.
Technologies for making avocado pate may not be completely identical. By following the instructions accompanying a specific recipe, you will not make mistakes and get the expected result.
Avocado pate with nuts
- avocados - 0, 4-0, 5 kg;
- walnut kernels - 40-50 g;
- garlic - 10 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- fresh parsley - 30 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash the avocado. Cut the fruit in half and remove the bones from them.
- With a tablespoon, remove the pulp from the avocado halves and place it in the blender bowl.
- Cut the garlic into small pieces, pour in the avocado.
- Wash parsley, dry with a napkin, finely chop with a knife, add to avocado and garlic.
- Dry the nuts in a dry frying pan, remove the membranes, if they come across. Chop the nuts with a knife and send to the blender to other products.
- Pour into the bowl of the device oil and lemon juice, add a little salt.
- Turn on the device for 3-4 minutes. Beat the food until the mass has a uniform and smooth consistency.
Adding spices and spices can significantly change the taste of the paste. You can put them only when you are sure that the result will not disappoint you.
Simple Avocado Pate with Soft Cheese
- avocados - 0, 25 kg;
- soft cheese - 100 g;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 20-40 ml;
- salt, garlic - to taste.
- Cut the avocado and remove the bone.
- Spoon remove the pulp, put it in a bowl.
- Carefully mash the avocado pulp with a fork.
- Add the cheese and garlic passed through the press.
- Knead the products together until the mass is smooth.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise, mix. The amount of sour cream or mayonnaise depends on what consistency of pate you find ideal.
This pate is cooked easily and quickly, it does not require kitchen appliances. It's comfortable. Soft cheese in the composition can be replaced with hard, pre-crushed on the grater. The taste of pate will change, but it will not deteriorate.
Avocado pate with shrimp
- avocados - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- boiled and frozen shrimps - 100 g;
- lemon or lime juice - 20 ml;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- dill - for filing.
- Remove the avocado pulp, mash with a fork.
- Put the shrimp in boiling water, pre-salting it. Cook for 5 minutes. Drop in a colander, cool.
- Peel the cooled shrimps and chop them finely with a knife.
- Eggs boil hard boiled. Cool them by placing them under a stream of cold water. Peel, finely chop.
- Combine the ingredients, add a little salt and pepper, lemon juice. Mix well or whisk with a blender.
After smearing bread pate, decorate the sandwiches with dill sprigs and serve.
Avocado pate is not only an exquisite treat, but also a wholesome food that will be appreciated by supporters of a healthy diet. Many varieties of this dish are prepared without the use of animal products and vegetarians will like it. The advantages of snacks also include the simplicity of its preparation.