Many people make an omelet in the form of a lush egg mass, baked in the oven or fried in a pan. In fact, the height of an omelet depends on the size of the shape and number of eggs. Most often, scrambled eggs turn out low, in the form of a thick pancake. It is served on the table, folded in half or rolled up. That is how the French were originally cooked omelette - the inventors of this delicious dish. And they in an omelet do not add neither milk, nor flour.
Japanese omelet is very similar to French. But, as in any national cuisine, in Japanese this dish was slightly corrected, taking into account the national culinary tradition and taste preferences of the people.
- The main ingredient of many Japanese dishes is soy sauce. It is added to the omelette. Therefore, the dish acquires a savory taste and an unusual rich color.
- The cut Japanese omelet is a bit like rolls that Japanese national cuisine is famous for. It is fried in the form of thin pancakes, which are rolled up in a roll directly on the pan.
- For its preparation, special square-shaped dishes are used to make the rolls neat. But many hostesses do not even have an idea about such kitchen utensils. Therefore, Japanese omelette can be cooked in a conventional frying pan. It should be with low sides and non-stick coating. For this purpose, well pancake pan.
- In addition to the soy sauce, the Japanese add rice vinegar to the omelette mass. But in other regions it is not always possible to buy it. Therefore, it is replaced with vinegar, apple or ordinary vinegar. The main thing is to not overdo it with the dosage. Therefore, it is advisable to dilute ordinary vinegar with water, and add sugar to soften the taste.
- Salt is put in a Japanese omelet in the event that the soy sauce has a pronounced sweet taste.
- To add a savory taste to an omelette, add sake or dry semi-sweet wine to the egg mass.
- Omelette is cooked very quickly. To prevent pathogens from eggshell from entering the dish, eggs should be washed in warm water with soap before use.
- A Japanese omelet is recommended to be wrapped in a special mat for rolling rolls before cutting into portions and kept in this position for some time. Then the omelet does not unfold, and it can be easily cut.
- In order for pancakes to fold freely into a roll, they must be thin and not overdone.
Japanese Omelet: A Classic Recipe
- eggs - 3 pcs .;
- soy sauce - 1 tsp;
- rice vinegar - 10 ml;
- vegetable oil - 10 g;
- sugar - to taste.
- Wash the eggs. Smash them in a bowl. Pour in soy sauce and rice vinegar. Add some sugar.
- Using a whisk, mix until smooth. It is not necessary to whip it, otherwise during frying the omelet will be blown up by a cap.
- Lubricate the pan with oil and heat well. Pour half of the little egg cook and spread over the entire surface.
- When the bottom side of the pancake is slightly fried, and the top grabs, lift it by one edge and gently roll the roll. Leave it on the edge of the pan.
- Immediately pour another portion of the egg mixture into the pan so that it flows under the roll. When the mass thickens and sticks to the rolled pancake, pry the roll with a spatula and wrap it in a new pancake. Again, leave it in the pan, but from the other side.
- So bake another 1-2 rolls (it all depends on the amount of omelette mass).
- Your scrambled eggs should be in the form of a roll with a smooth, light brown surface. Carefully place it on a flat oval plate. Cut off jagged edges. Omelette cut across wide chunks. Serve with soy sauce.
Japanese omelet with filling
- eggs - 6 pcs .;
- bulb onion - 1 pc .;
- green onions - a few feathers;
- mushrooms - 2 pcs .;
- soy sauce - 2 tbsp. l .;
- hot pepper - 1 pod;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- ready rice - 2 tbsp .;
- salt - to taste.
- Rinse the mushrooms, cut them into thin strips.
- Pepper seeds and chop.
- Finely chop the onions. Fry it in vegetable oil until golden brown. Add pepper, mix.
- Place the mushrooms and cook everything together for 15 minutes.
- Mix with rice. Heat the mixture for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Prepare the omelette mixture: break eggs into a bowl, add soy sauce, whisk until smooth. Put chopped green onions and mix.
- Grease the baking tray. Pour the egg mixture. Put in the oven, heated to 200 °, and bake the omelette for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the slightly cooled omelet on a roll-up mat. Spread rice filling from one side. Using the omelette mat roll up the roll. Leave it in this position for a while.
- Put it on a flat dish and cut it into wide pieces.
Japanese omelet with dry wine
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- dry wine - 40 ml;
- soy sauce - 2 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 5 g.
- In the bowl, break the eggs. Pour in soy sauce, wine. Put the sugar. Stir well with a whisk, not ensuring the appearance of bubbles.
- Grease the pan with oil and heat it. Pour a portion of the egg mixture so that it covers the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. When the bottom side of the pancake is fried, gently roll the omelet roll. Leave in the pan, sliding it to the very edge.
- Pour the next batch. Tilt the pan so that the egg mass is wrapped around the bottom and ready omelette. Fry the second pancake. Now begin to roll the omelet from the side of the roll, which should be inside the second pancake.
- Pour the omelet mass again. Repeat all steps one by one. You will have one fat omelette roll in the pan.
- Put it on the dish. Cut across thick slices.
Mistress to note
- If you want to make the omelette more dense, immediately after cooking, wrap it in a mat for rolling the rolls and leave to cool completely.
- Omelette can be given a rectangular shape. To do this, immediately after folding, squeeze it from the sides, and from above put the oppression. Leave to cool.
- Japanese omelette is served with soy sauce, fresh vegetable salad or lemon.