Wanting to feed the family in a satisfying and tasty way, experienced housewives make mincemeat stuffed pies. Such products can be served at any of the meals, taken with you on the road or at work, treat your friends to them. They are convenient for use, even if there is no cutlery at the disposal of the consumer, they are tasty and satisfying. Do not be afraid that such baking is monotonous and can get bored. Stuffing for mince pies can be very different. Its taste depends on the type of meat, on other ingredients, on the way in which the products are prepared.
Knowing some of the features will help the cook to cope with the task in the best way.
- Mince is better to do with your own hands - then you can be sure that it is made from fresh and high-quality meat, that it does not have skin and cartilage, which reduce the nutritional value of the product and affect its taste. If you do not have a meat grinder, you can ask the seller to make mincemeat of your chosen pieces of meat - some supermarkets provide such services to buyers. If you decide to purchase ready-made minced meat, preference should be given to products of proven manufacturers, necessarily studying the composition of the product and paying attention to the date of its manufacture and shelf life.
- Pies can be filled with raw minced meat, seasoned with spices, mixed with salt and chopped vegetables. But then the pies will have to bake longer than usual at low temperature. Otherwise they may burn before the filling is baked. More often, the filling for pies is made from minced meat, which has been thermally pre-processed.
- When preparing stuffing for mince pies, it is usually stewed or fried. If in the process of roasting, minced meat is gathered into lumps, it can be ground again with a blender or meat grinder.
- To make the filling more juicy, add onions or other vegetables to it. The smaller you cut the onion, the more tender and juicier the filling will be.
- The filling will be even more satisfying if you add rice or potatoes to it. Some housewives put buckwheat. All these products are first brought to readiness and only then combined with minced meat.
- Mushrooms are able to make stuffing from minced meat more tasty, juicy and fragrant. They are prepared according to the category. Some are sufficient to fry in a pan, others need to pre-boil, others still soaked in salted or acidified water. When frying mushrooms release a lot of liquid. So that the filling does not turn out watery, they are combined with minced meat after the excess moisture evaporates from the pan.
- After cooking the stuffing from the meat, you need to wait until it cools, and only after that use it to fill the cakes. Hot filling can steam out the dough, which makes it sticky, unpleasant to the taste.
Stuffing of minced meat is suitable for cooking both baked and fried pies. However, for fried products do not choose recipes that do not include heat treatment of minced meat.
Stuffing for meat patties
- meat (beef tenderloin, pork pulp) - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 100-150 g;
- dried herbs, black pepper, salt - to taste.
- Rinse pieces of beef and pork, pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Remove films, streaks, excess fat.
- Cut the meat into medium pieces, turn them through the meat grinder.
- Peel the onions, chop them finely.
- Put the minced meat in a dry frying pan, put on a slow fire. Stew the mince, stirring until it turns gray. If excess liquid remains in the pan, drain it.
- Add onion, dried greens, salt and pepper to the mince, mix. Extinguish food for 5 minutes.
Transfer the minced meat from the pan to a bowl, wait until it cools, and use as directed.
Raw stuffing stuffing
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Mix the onions and minced meat, salt and pepper them, mix again.
- Break the egg in a bowl with minced meat, mix the products so that the egg is evenly distributed in the stuffing. Conveniently knead minced hands.
Pies stuffed with such stuffing, without subjecting it to heat treatment before it. Cooking pies at a temperature of 170-180 degrees for 25-30 minutes, in less time the filling may not be ready.
Stuffing for mince pies with onions and carrots
- minced meat - 1 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- salt - 5 g;
- black ground pepper - 5 g;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Free the onions from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Grind on a coarse grater.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Put the onion in it and fry it until it starts to get a golden hue.
- Add carrots to onions. Fry the vegetables together for 5 minutes.
- Put minced meat in a pan with vegetables. Salt it and pepper. Stir.
- Stew minced meat on a low fire under the lid until cooked.
- Drain excess fat if it is left in the pan.
Cool the filling to room temperature and proceed to the formation of the patties.
Stuffing for mince pies with rice
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- rice cereal - 100 g;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Rinse the rice, boil almost to full readiness in salted water, rinse again.
- Peel the bulbs, cut them into small cubes.
- Fry onion in vegetable oil, add minced meat to it, salt it and pepper.
- Stew the minced meat with onions over low heat under the lid until it turns gray.
- Mix the minced meat with rice, stew them together for 5 minutes.
Cool minced meat as a filling for baked or fried pies.
Stuffing for mince pies with mushrooms, potatoes and celery
- minced chicken - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 25 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- celery stalk - 100 g;
- rosemary, sage, salt - to taste;
- butter - how much will leave.
- Boil the potatoes in a uniform, peel, cut into small cubes.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small pieces.
- Wash the celery stalks, cut off the rough lower parts. Cut the stalks into small cubes.
- Wash, dry, and cut mushrooms into cubes about a centimeter or less.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Put onion in it, lightly browned.
- Add celery and mushrooms. Cook them until excess liquid has evaporated from the pan.
- Add minced meat, salt, seasonings. Stir.
- Stew stuffing until done. Drain off excess liquid if it remains in the pan by this time.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the shredded potatoes, mix.
Pies stuffed with minced meat, mushrooms and celery are fragrant, juicy, tasty. Such baking is not ashamed to put on the festive table.
Patties are among the most popular pastries. They were baked by our grandmothers, they are prepared by modern hostesses. Pies with meat filling, which is often made from minced meat, are considered the most satisfying. There are many recipes for its preparation, so everyone can choose an option to taste.