Red fish is among the most popular products. Supporters of healthy nutrition appreciate it for its high nutritional value with moderate caloric content and the presence in it of valuable polyunsaturated acids that are necessary for the body, but not produced by itself. Gourmets love this product for a unique taste, rich, but at the same time delicate. And this fish always looks very appetizing. If you cook it delicious, you can easily eat it without a side dish, but still it is most often served at the table accompanied by vegetables and other products. A garnish for red fish needs a special one that will not forgive or overshadow it. Also, his choice will depend on how the main snack is prepared. Only then the garnish will decorate the salmon dish, completely coping with its task.
Red fish is noble, but not capricious, it is “friendly” with a variety of products. But not all of them approach her equally well. Knowing how to supplement fried, baked, stewed, boiled or salted salmon, you deserve the fame of a skilled cook.
- Meals served with fish garnish for salmon should not be too simple. If you are preparing mashed potatoes, add to it other vegetables or greens, fragrant herbs. If you want to bake vegetables, cover them with exquisite sauce or sprinkle with cheese. When making a vegetable stew, think carefully about its composition, including not only potatoes and carrots, but also zucchini, broccoli, Brussels sprouts. Classical porridge from barley, buckwheat or millet to salmon will not work. Even preparing rice for garnish for red fish, it does not hurt to add green peas, corn or vegetables.
- Fried red fish has the most vivid taste, and the garnish should not lag behind it. Best of all this fish fit fried or baked vegetables. Steamed vegetables can be used if they have a bright taste. For example, stewed carrots will do. A good accompaniment to fried salmon and vegetable salad will be. Roasted pink salmon is often dryish, with juicy vegetables served as a side dish to balance the taste.
- Boiled red fish has the most delicate flavor. Only a side dish with an equally delicate, but slightly more pronounced taste will suit it, so that the finished dish does not seem to be bland. The ideal choice would be cooked in the same way as fish and vegetables. Also, vegetables can be used baked and stewed, but not fried. Rice will also be a good accompaniment for boiled salmon.
- The same side dishes are suitable for baked and stewed red fish. These include rice, vegetable stews and mashed potatoes, baked vegetables.
- If the fish is fried in batter, then as a side dish to it is best to submit a salad of fresh vegetables. This dish is considered an independent snack, and it is unnecessary to supplement it with another hearty dish.
- Often salted and smoked red fish are served at the table. It is well balanced by its taste potatoes, cooked in any way. However, the best addition to salted salmon is not a potato, but a vegetable salad. Rice to salted fish is rarely served, but this option is also valid.
- Green peas and green beans are suitable for salmon cooked in any way, but pasta is absolutely not suitable.
Having understood which side dishes are suitable for red fish, you can proceed to the selection of the recipe. While preparing for it, do not ignore the accompanying recommendations, otherwise the result may be very disappointing.
Rice garnish for red fish
- long grain rice - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- fresh parsley - 20-30 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Rice reassemble and rinse. It is necessary to wash the rice grits until the water that flows from it remains clear, otherwise the garnish will not be crumbly.
- Scrape carrots with a knife or peeler, wash, blot with a napkin and coarsely rub.
- Free onion from the shell, cut into small cubes.
- Put the rice in a saucepan, cover with water and place on the stove. On medium heat, bring to a boil, add salt.
- Cook for a few minutes over medium heat, removing the froth protruding on the surface. Reduce the intensity of the flame and cook rice until cooked. It will take 15-20 minutes.
- While the rice is boiling, heat the vegetable oil in a pan, put the chopped vegetables in it and fry them until golden brown.
- Put the vegetable frying in a saucepan with rice, add the finely chopped parsley.
- Stir rice. Remove the pan from it from the stove, wrap and leave for a quarter of an hour, so that the rice is soaked with the taste and aroma of herbs and vegetables.
Rice prepared according to this recipe is suitable as an addition to red fish cooked in any way, especially well - baked or stewed.
Salad garnish for salted red fish
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- cucumbers - 0, 2 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- soy sauce - 20 ml;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- sesame seeds - to taste.
- Wash the vegetables, dry them with a napkin.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper, cut the pulp into halves of about half a centimeter thick.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers into round or semi-circular slices of approximately the same thickness as the pepper.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, butter and lemon juice in a separate cup. Add a small clove of garlic passed through the press to them.
- Season the salad with savory sauce, arrange into plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
The side dish made according to this recipe will suit not only salted salmon, but also fried, including cooked in batter.
Vegetable puree to red fish
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- broccoli - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 50 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into large pieces, cover with water and put on medium heat.
- Broccoli soak in salted or acidified water for 15 minutes to remove bugs. Divide into florets, rinse them in running water. Cut large inflorescences into several parts to make them easier to grind later.
- When the water in the saucepan with the potatoes boils, add some salt and add broccoli. After boiling the liquid again, reduce the heat and cook the vegetables until soft.
- Drain most of the water, leaving quite a bit of liquid at the bottom of the pan.
- Crush products with a dip blender.
- Add oil and spices, mix well, ensuring that the oil melts.
The green color of the vegetable puree cooked according to this recipe contrasts with the color of the main course, making it even more appetizing. Best of all, such a side dish is suitable for baked or stewed fish, it can also be served with salted and steamed salmon. But for fried fish it is better to choose something more expressive to taste.
Brussels sprouts garnish for fried red fish
- Brussels sprouts - 0, 4 kg;
- orange - 150 g;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- pine nuts (optional) - to taste;
- lemon juice - 20 ml per 1 liter of water used for boiling cabbage;
- salt, brown sugar - to taste;
- olive oil - 20-40 ml.
- Boil the water, dip the Brussels sprouts into it. If the product is frozen, it is not necessary to thaw it before cooking.
- Cook the cabbage for 7 minutes, then add lemon juice and salt to the water. Cook the vegetables for another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the cabbage into a colander, let it drain, then lay it on plates.
- Peel an orange, disassemble it into slices, peel them off, remove bones from them.
- Place the orange pulp in the blender bowl, add the finely chopped garlic and parsley, salt and sugar to it, pour in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grind foods to a smooth consistency.
- Cover the cabbage with the resulting sauce, sprinkle with pine nuts.
Brussels sprouts garnish is so good that it should be served only with fried fish, otherwise it will overshadow the taste of the main course. If the boiled cabbage is slightly browned in vegetable oil, the dish will come out even more tasty and appetizing.
Garnish with pumpkin and carrots for red fish
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- pumpkin - 0, 3 kg;
- feta cheese - 100 g;
- ground coriander, salt, pepper - to taste;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- fresh greens - 20-30 g;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- dry red wine - 20 ml.
- Vegetables, having washed and cleaned, cut into cubes of about 1-1.5 cm in size.
- Boil them until half cooked in salted water, pat dry.
- Put the vegetables on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining oil and wine, sprinkle with spices, salt and chopped garlic.
- Place the baking sheet with vegetables in the oven preheated to 200 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle the vegetables with fresh herbs and bake them until tender.
- When serving, sprinkle the dish with fork crumbled cheese.
This version of the garnish for red fish is universal, but best of all it is in harmony with the salmon cooked in the oven.
Garnish for red fish is to choose meticulously. It is important that he decorated the main dish, and not forgive him and would not enter into a fight with him. The choice of supplement to salmon depends on the degree of its fat content and how it is cooked.