It is difficult to count the number of vegetable snack recipes that housewives can preserve. But the recipe of one of them should be kept in the culinary book of each hostess, since it is universal: it fits to any dish, tastes hot and cold, and prepares easily and quickly from the most affordable ingredients. This is the salad “Paramoniha”, which many people make for the winter without even knowing its name.
Salad “Paramoniha” will be in everyone's honor, if you cook it correctly. Indeed, in this case, it turns out gentle and juicy, moderately spicy, with a slight sourness. And this appetizer will be stored with the observance of technology throughout the winter, if only there is enough patience to stretch it for a long time without destroying the reserves of “Paramoniha” in the first months.
- The secret of the universal taste of the salad is in the simplicity of its composition, so you shouldn’t show a strong imagination when adding other ingredients to the recipe: it will be a different salad, although it’s also delicious. The only thing you can do “on your own” is to reduce or increase the amount of pepper so that the appetizer comes out as spicy as you like.
- Products for the preparation of “Paramoniha” must be taken fresh. From vegetables that are rotten or dried up, do not make a tasty snack, no matter how hard you try. Besides, it will be worse to stand.
- Appearance of a salad is determined not only by the ratio of ingredients included in it, but also by how they are sliced. Observing the recommended methods of grinding products, you can be sure that the salad “Paramoniha” will be really appetizing and beautiful.
- Heat treatment is very important when creating stocks for the winter. Therefore, the salad "Paramoniha", making it for the winter, will have to cook. In its composition there are no products that lose a lot of useful properties during heat treatment, so you should not avoid it. However, it is not necessary to exceed the cooking time of snacks, since the longer it is kept on the stove, the more the tomatoes become loose and lose their shape. In addition, the benefits of this snack is still not add. If you plan to eat salad in the next month, you can not cook it at all, but sterilize it in a jar for 10-20 minutes, close the capron lid and put it in the fridge as soon as the jar has cooled.
- It is good to stand at room temperature “Paramoniha” salad in the winter only if during its preparation sanitary requirements were met, jars under it were sterilized, the lids were boiled.
- After twisting the salad jar, turn over and cover with a blanket. Cooling in such conditions, the salad is additionally preserved, which ensures its better preservation.
After reading tips on how to prepare a delicious and well-stored Paramoniha salad, you can prepare the necessary ingredients and start making this wonderful preparation.
Recipe for Paramoniha
- sweet pepper - 1 kg;
- carrots - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- onions - 1 kg;
- vegetable oil - 0, 3 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 100 ml;
- granulated sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- salt of stone (not iodized) - 50 g;
- ground pepper, black or red (optional) - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the peppers, cut the stems and remove the seeds. Cut each pepper lengthwise into 4-6 pieces, depending on the size. Cut into straws about 3-5 mm thick.
- Remove peels from bulbs. Wash the onion, cut it in half and again in half. Slice thin to make quarter-rings.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut the stalks of them, capturing the seals next to them. Without peeling, slice the tomatoes.
- Peel and wash the carrots. Rub. For this, it is best to use a grater for Korean salads, but if there is none, then the usual one will do. Do not rub carrots too small.
- Fold the vegetables into a large enameled pan or stainless steel pan. Stir gently, taking care not to damage the tomato slices.
- In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Fill the vegetables with this mixture, mix again gently.
- Place the pan with a snack on the stove. Make the fire not too strong, so that the vegetables can heat the juice when heated.
- After the contents of the pot begin to boil, record a quarter of an hour. Boil the salad for 15 minutes, stirring it carefully.
- Sterilize the jars any way you want, wait until they are dry.
- Spread hot salad in cans, roll up cans.
- Turn the jars upside down. Wrap a warm blanket and leave it at least for 12 hours.
- After 12-18 hours, remove the blanket, return the jars to their original position and put them away for the winter in the closet or any other place where your stocks are kept for the winter.
The Paramoniha salad does not require special storage conditions, so it can be kept at room temperature. However, if there is an opportunity to put the cans with this snack in a cool room, it will be even better: like most canned foods, Paramoniha feels better at temperatures between 16 and 18 degrees.