When a hostess needs to cook a quick and tasty dish, very often sausages help her out.
Fortunately, these sausages on the shelves of shops now abound and you can buy them, focusing on the price, composition of the product and taste.
Many people believe that sausages and boiled sausage are one and the same, so they can be eaten raw and without any heat treatment.
Still, sausages are recommended to boil, fry or bake to destroy those pathogens that could appear in the meat product during its transportation, storage or unfair preparation.
How to prepare sausages for cooking
Many are concerned about the question, remove or not to remove the shell from the sausages.
If it is natural, then it is most often not removed, because it is harmless, and after cooking, some people eat it together with sausage.
But most often sausages go on sale in an artificial casing. Therefore, it is recommended to remove it before cooking, in order to protect itself against those harmful substances that can pass from it into the product itself. Although it is made from food raw materials, it is better not to risk it.
If sausages are cooked in a casing, they need to be pierced with a needle in several places. Thanks to this action sausages will not burst. It’s better not to pierce them with a knife or fork, as they can fall apart in these places during the cooking process.
How to cook sausages in a pan
To do this, take a pan so that the sausages fit into it at full length. Then they do not warp during cooking and will remain even.
They can be poured with cold or hot water, but still the second option is preferable, since then the sausages will quickly cook, and less nutrients from them will go into the water.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Salt is not added, as in sausage it is enough.
- Dip sausages in water. In this case, the liquid should completely cover them.
- Bring the water to a boil again, reduce the fire so that the liquid does not boil.
- Cooked sausages for 5-10 minutes. You shouldn’t cook for a long time, because then their taste deteriorates significantly.
- Sausages are taken out of the water and immediately put on the plate.
- If the sausages were cooked in a casing, then they are being removed. To make it easier to do this, sausages, taking out of boiling water, immediately immersed in cold water for a few seconds. Then they remove the film, which after such manipulations is easy to give up.
How to cook frozen sausages
Cooked frozen sausages a little differently.
- Frozen product is immediately placed in cold water without removing the shell. But lest it burst, they pierce it in several places.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Sausages are taken out of boiling water and put into cold water for a few seconds.
- Remove the shell.
How to cook sausages in the microwave
Sausages are cooked in a microwave oven almost the same as in a saucepan.
- Put sausages peeled from the shell into a microwaveable container. So that they do not bulge and burst, they are pierced in several places with a needle. Or, at both ends make small cuts on the product. Then, during the heat treatment sausages acquire an unusual shape, but do not burst.
- Pour boiling water so that the water completely covers them. Otherwise, the parts of the sausages protruding from the water during cooking will fry and darken.
- Close the container with a lid and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Get out of the water and immediately served on the table with any side dish.
Sausages in the microwave can be cooked without water. This process is much more economical and faster. Yes, and sausages are much more tasty.
- For this sausage is released from the shell and put on a plate. At both ends they need to be slightly incised.
- Place in the microwave, turn on the highest power and cook for 1 minute. To get a juicy sausage, you can pour a little water on a plate.
How to cook sausages in a slow cooker
Sometimes the gas ends at the most inopportune moment. And then the multicooker comes to the rescue. If you need to quickly cook something for dinner, you can cook sausages. To do this, use the program "Steaming", "Stewing / Soup" or "Baking".
- Sausages free from the shell.
- Water is poured into a bowl and brought to a boil.
- They put sausages in it.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
How to cook sausages in a double boiler
Steaming is considered perfect. After all, with this method all the useful substances remain in the product. Therefore, sausages can be cooked in this kitchen unit.
- Sausages free from the shell.
- Spread in a greased bowl.
- Install a bowl on a double boiler, the tank of which is filled with water.
- Turn on a steamer and cook sausages for about 10 minutes.
- Boiled sausages are immediately served at the table. They can not be stored in water, as they become watery and tasteless.
- In order to keep sausages hot for a while, they are watered with oil and placed in an oven that is not heated above 80 °. You can also put them in a saucepan, close the lid and place in a water bath.
- Sausages are cooked the same as sausages, but heat treatment is carried out for 3-5 minutes longer.