Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat - a favorite of Turkish cuisine! Recipes, subtleties and secrets of cooking juicy and incredibly delicious eggplant in Turkish with minced meat
It’s hard to imagine a menu of any Turkish restaurant without a crown dish - amazing Turkish eggplants with minced meat. Baked vegetable in combination with fragrant meat can be served both hot and cold.
A harmonious duet perfectly serves as a full-fledged main dish or side dish (for rice, potatoes, spaghetti).
Traditionally, eggplants are stewed, fried, baked, grilled and even marinated. We bring to your attention a few interesting recipes for baking Turkish “stuffed boat”, the preparation of which does not take much time and effort. In addition, the hostess will have a huge scope for culinary imagination, because the choice of ingredients does not set any framework.
This dish of oriental cuisine will perfectly fit into the menu of a family dinner and will decorate any festive feast. It is cooked easily, eaten quickly!
General cooking principles:
• All that is needed is quality ground beef, ripe eggplants and fresh vegetables.
• We prepare minced meat separately, we start them our “eggplant boats” and send them to bake in the oven. We choose other components of the filling to your taste: onions, garlic, greens, tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper or champignons. Add a tomato sauce to the dish (pour tomatoes with boiling water or dilute the tomato paste with water, then pour eggplants with this sauce).
• Eggplants are baked in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
• Mince can be pork, beef, and mutton. It is recommended to mix several types of minced meat, for example, assorted pork and beef.
• Spice and spicy herbs will add a unique “oriental taste” to stuffed eggplants: oregano, coriander, paprika, thyme, basil and curry. Choose them according to your taste preferences.
Turkish Eggplant with minced meat in the oven
• Four medium eggplants;
• Two onions;
• Two cloves of garlic;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• Red pepper;
• Ground beef - 500 g
1. Pour the baking sheet with vegetable oil.
2. We coat each eggplant with vegetable oil using a special silicone brush and place them on the surface.
3. Ship the eggplants to the preheated oven. Eggplant readiness is easy to determine: they should be soft and lightly browned.
4. Finely chop the onion and Bulgarian pepper. Squeeze the garlic with a knife and chop. Put the chopped ingredients in the pan and simmer.
5. Add the minced meat to the vegetable mixture, season with black pepper and mix.
6. It's time to fill the eggplant stuffing. Hot "boats" we open and add minced meat in them, but first sprinkle with sugar on top. This is done to give a brighter taste. Fill the stuffing, well distributing it inside. You can decorate the top of the boat with a slice of tomato, pepper and parsley.
7. Dilute tomato paste with water, stir and set on medium heat. Pour tomato liquid on a baking sheet with eggplants lying. We put baked in a preheated oven. Cooking at a temperature of 180 degrees for half an hour.
Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat
• Four eggplants;
• Salt pepper;
• Beef and pork mince - 500 g;
• Tomatoes - 3-4 pieces;
• Two bell peppers.
1. Cut eggplants into rounds, add salt and rub it over the entire surface of the vegetable with your hands.
2. To the mince add salt, onions, spices. We fry the stuffing, constantly stirring.
3. Cut the tomatoes and peppers. Fry the onion and pepper in olive oil, add the tomato and continue the stewing process. At the end pour greens.
4. Place mince on the round eggplant, completely closing it. We spread the stuffed eggplants in the refractory form with the first layer, and the stewed vegetable mixture with the second layer. We bake 45 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 degrees.
Eggplant in Turkish with minced “Sun of the East”
• Three large eggplants;
• 2 tomatoes;
• Three bell peppers;
• Pepper, salt;
• Minced meat (lamb, beef) - 800 g;
• Mint (fresh or dry);
• A glass of tomato juice;
• Green onions.
1. Cut eggplants into rings a centimeter in diameter, leave in salted water for 20 minutes to put the juice.
2. Cut the onion half as small as possible, send it to the stuffing. Salt, pepper and mix thoroughly.
3. Tomatoes are peeled. Cut the peppers and tomatoes into small cubes. Mint, garlic and parsley also cut very finely.
4. The rest of the onion is cut and sent to roast for 2-3 minutes. Here we send tomatoes and pepper. Leave to stew for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then pour the vegetables with tomato juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and lay out mint, parsley and garlic. Simmer sauce for another three minutes.
5. Compactly connect together the rings of eggplant and minced meat, forming in a circle the baking molds of the so-called “sun”, in the center of which we put yellow pepper. Fill the composition with gravy. We send baked for 30 minutes.
Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat and tomatoes
• Eggplant - 4 pieces;
• Stuffing - 600 g;
• Tomatoes - 3 pieces;
• Bulgarian pepper - 2 pieces;
• Tomato paste;
• Cherry tomatoes - 8 pieces;
• Salt, pepper (to taste).
1. Cut off the stalks of eggplants, brush them in strips, cut them in half lengthwise. Salt the water and soak the eggplants in it for 10-15 minutes.
2. The filling is prepared as follows: finely cut the onion and mint, chop the tomatoes on a coarse grater to a liquid state.
3. Drain the eggplants with paper towels. Lubricate them with oil and spread it on all sides with your hands. We spread on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 200 degrees, bake them until softened.
4. Fry onion in vegetable oil, add 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste and heat it again. Spread the stuffing, stirring well and frying. Add tomatoes, mint and spices by preference. 5. Part of the baked eggplant pulp is removed with a spoon, i.e. We make the deepening and set aside in a separate bowl. Fill eggplant with minced meat.
6. Pulp eggplant chop blender to a state of mashed potatoes. Eggplant gruel close our boats on top. Decorate with cherry tomatoes.
7. In a separate bowl, mix two teaspoons of tomato paste with a glass of hot water. Whisk whisk and salt. Pour this sauce ready eggplant.
8. Send to the oven at 200 degrees until the pepper and tomato soften. The dish is ready!
Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat with cheese
• Two large eggplants;
• Stuffing - 350 g;
• Tomatoes - 4 pieces;
• Garlic - 2 cloves;
• Greens (bunch);
• Tomato juice - 100 ml;
• Hard cheese - 150 g.
1. Wash eggplants, peel and free from pulp. Salt and leave for 10-15 minutes to neutralize the specific taste of eggplants. Fry from the “bottom” in vegetable oil until golden brown.
2. Finely chop the vegetable combination: onions, tomatoes, garlic, greens and eggplant pulp. Stew minced meat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, then add chopped vegetables to it.
3. Stuff the boat with meat and vegetables, pour tomato juice (or water) on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Decorate the dish with fresh herbs.
Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat in a frying pan
• Three large eggplant;
• 500 grams of minced pork;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• Two bell peppers;
• Curry (to taste);
• Ground black pepper, salt;
• Parsley, cilantro (2 bunches);
• Tomato paste.
1. Combine minced meat with spices (ground black pepper, curry) and greens (parsley, cilantro).
2. Eggplants peel, cut into slices and leave in salted water for half an hour.
3. Cut the vegetables into thin strips (carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions). 4. Put the eggplant slices vertically in the pan, fill the empty spaces tightly with minced meat. Close the lid and leave to prepare for 20 minutes.
5. Put vegetables on a separate pan and leave to simmer over moderate heat.
6. Put the approached vegetables on a mixture of eggplants and minced meat and pour the tomato sauce (mix the tomato paste with water).
7. Decorate the finished dish with fresh onions, parsley or onion rings.
Tips and Tips:
• The secrets of cooking any dish take as their basis the right approach to the choice of ingredients. Choose elastic and smooth eggplant of blue-violet color. Such fruits give the least bitter taste.
• The green stem indicates the maturity of the fruit.
• Put the peeled eggplants in salted water in cut form for 20-40 minutes, in order to get a specific bitterness, after which we thoroughly squeeze them.
• When frying eggplants in a pan, pre-roll them in flour or breadcrumbs.
• Do not rush to serve the dish on the table, let it brew and fully soak in the aroma of vegetables and spices.
Eggplant in Turkish with minced meat are very popular in many countries around the world, because the combination of eggplant and meat is considered “classics of the genre”.
The above recipes, coupled with the culinary skills, imagination and inspiration of the hostess will surely delight you with high results and will give such an appetizing, satisfying, savory and aromatic dish of the East. Enjoy your meal!