Vegetable pancakes are easy to turn into a dish worthy of a festive table, it is enough to show imagination and find some original recipes. For example, zucchini fritters with cheese and garlic are able to satisfy the needs of the most captious gourmet, as they are delicate, with a pleasant creamy aftertaste, fragrant and beautiful. At the same time, in order to bake such fritters, it is not at all necessary to be a professional cook, it is enough to know a few important points and to be able to cook at least a little.
Squash pancakes with cheese and garlic are tasty, even and rosy, if the hostess follows several simple rules when cooking them.
- Zucchini - vegetables are very juicy, especially when it comes to young zucchini. Therefore, it is not worth crushing them too much, the blender will not work for this purpose. If you want to fritters have the most delicate texture, they are rubbed on a fine grater. However, if the hostess does not have much experience, she can use a grater with large holes - in this case, baking pancakes will be easier. In any case, you need to squeeze out the extra juice by placing the squash mass in a sieve.
- Dough for squash fritters must be thickened. Most often for this purpose they use flour and eggs, but they can be replaced with oatmeal, decoy. The main thing - do not try to completely abandon these components.
- The amount of flour that should be added to the dough for zucchini fritters is indicated approximately in the recipes. The fact is that all zucchini has a different juiciness, and to obtain the necessary consistency from them, it is necessary to use an unequal amount of flour. Therefore, this component is added in portions until the dough resembles thick cream.
- If the pan, before putting the dough on it, does not heat it and do not pour enough oil on it, the pancakes will stick to the bottom and will roll over badly. Moreover, in this case, you should not count on the fact that the pancakes will turn out quite lush, even and beautiful. Be sure to heat the pan well and do not regret the butter - then the pancakes you get perfect.
- Putting dough in the pan is best with a tablespoon. Then pancakes will have the same shape and size, bake well and moderately browned, getting an appetizing golden hue.
You can make pancakes from zucchini with cheese and garlic according to different recipes, and the cooking technology will not always be exactly the same. However, the principles outlined above will remain unchanged.
A classic recipe for zucchini fritters with cheese and garlic
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- wheat flour - 100-150 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as needed.
Method of preparation:
- Wash squash, clean. Cut in half, remove the seeds with a spoon. If the zucchini is very young, with delicate skin, then they can not be cleaned.
- Grind zucchini, using a grater with small holes.
- Put the squash mass in a sieve, add salt and mix. Leave on for a quarter of an hour by placing a sieve over the pan. After the specified time, squeeze the zucchini through a sieve and put it in a bowl in which to make the dough.
- Garlic cloves pass through a special press, squeezing them directly into zucchini.
- Wash the dill, shake it several times to remove excess liquid. Finely chop with a knife and put in a bowl with zucchini.
- Break the eggs into the zucchini bowl, add the pepper and mix everything well.
- When adding flour in small portions and stirring it thoroughly each time, prepare a dough that resembles sparse sour cream in consistency.
- Chop hard cheese on a fine grater. Mix it with dough.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. A tablespoon put in the pan a few servings of dough, leaving between them a small distance.
- When the pancakes are well-rounded on one side, turn them over with a wide spatula, cover and fry for another 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Place the squash fritters on a plate covered with a napkin. When excess oil is absorbed into the napkin, shift the pancakes onto a dish or arrange them in portions.
Serve zucchini fritters with cheese and garlic with sour cream. If desired, you can add a clove of garlic passed through a press and dill cut a little with a knife. Sour cream can be replaced with a lighter fermented milk product, such as unsweetened yogurt or yogurt.
Squash pancakes with cheese and garlic in the oven
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- parsley - 50 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- cheese - 100 g;
- wheat or oat flour - as required;
- vegetable oil - as needed;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Zucchini peel and seed. Pulp grate on a coarse grater, put in a sieve. After 20 minutes, squeeze through a sieve to remove excess juice, put it in a bowl.
- Peel the onions from the peel and finely chop it with a knife, mix with the zucchini.
- Squeeze garlic into a bowl of vegetables.
- Chop parsley, washed and dried with a knife, mix with vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper, mix.
- Beat the eggs.
- Gradually adding flour, make a dough that is thick in consistency like sour cream.
- In a hot skillet, fry pancakes in vegetable oil. They do not have to be brought to full readiness, it is enough to browse.
- Put half the pancakes on a baking sheet.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices just a little smaller than the diameter of the fritters.
- Put the slices on the pancakes, cover with the remaining pancakes. If the cheese remains, chop it and sprinkle the top layer of fritters on it.
- Send the baking sheet with zucchini pancakes to the oven heated to 180 degrees. Bake them for 10-15 minutes.
The squash pancakes made this way look like mini hamburgers. As a sauce for them you can apply mayonnaise or sour cream. Well suited sauce made from mayonnaise, mixed with a small amount of tomato paste. If you want to make pancakes more tender and fluffy, you can add semolina instead of flour to the dough.
Squash pancakes with cheese and garlic are a delicious and appetizing-looking dish that has a tempting aroma. Such pancakes are tasty and hot, and cold, but still they are served hot more often. The dish is suitable for everyday diet, and to treat guests.