Georgian dishes have long been loved by the people of our country.
They are delicious, aromatic and nourishing.
Practically everyone in Georgia loves and knows how to cook meat, and they don’t give preference to one type of meat, they cook dishes from veal, beef, and from pork, chicken.
Georgian Meat: General Cooking Principles
Meat for cooking is washed, dried and cut. Next, fry, stew or bake. A distinctive feature of meat in Georgian is the abundance of spices and greens.
Georgians love unusual marinades, for example, honey-lemon, garlic-pomegranate and others. Spices use a variety of: hops-suneli, a mixture of peppers, coriander and others. Especially a lot of put to the meat greens, mainly cilantro, basil, dill, parsley.
Meat is prepared as a main dish, serving it with fresh vegetables, or cooked as a full meal at once with various vegetables.
Recipe 1. Georgian meat with honey and sour cream
If you think that meat is not combined with honey - you are mistaken. This product gives pork a special piquancy and a pleasant aftertaste. But do not overdo it, strictly put the specified amount, otherwise you risk getting sweet meat.
• kilogram of pork (pulp);
• 30 grams of honey;
• juice of half a lemon;
• 100 grams of sour cream;
• salt pepper;
• leaves of cilantro, dill, basil, parsley.
1. Cut the pork into small pieces, but not too small.
2. Rinse greens, shake, getting rid of excess moisture, and grind.
3. Put meat, all greens, salt, spices to taste, ground pepper in a large bowl. Add liquefied honey, squeeze half a lemon.
4. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, lightly tamp, press down and put away for a couple of hours in the fridge.
5. After the time allotted for marinating, add sour cream to the meat, mix well again. 6. Put the meat with the outgoing juice on a baking sheet, distribute it over the entire surface in an even layer.
7. Expose the pork for an hour in an oven heated to 180 degrees.
8. Stir before serving.
Recipe 2. Georgian-style meat with vegetables, baked in a pot
Meat, baked in pots, turns out incredibly tasty and fragrant. And thanks to vegetables, the dish turns out surprisingly tender and juicy.
• pound of veal;
• four sweet peppers;
• two large tomatoes;
• one eggplant;
• three onions;
• 100 grams of peeled walnuts;
• 130 ml of dry red wine;
• 150 ml of water;
• salt, spices;
• parsley, dill, cilantro;
• vegetable oil;
• flour for breading;
• leaves of laurel.
1. We cut the washed and dried veal into cubes of medium size. Prepared meat salt and pepper, roll in flour and fry on high heat to a light blush.
2. Add onion rings to pork, continue to fry until the vegetable is transparent.
3. We shift the meat with onions in a bowl, add chopped greens, chopped nuts and spices to taste. Mix, set aside.
4. Wash tomatoes, pour boiling water, peel, cut into cubes.
5. Eggplants are also cut into cubes, and sweet pepper with large straws.
6. Ingredients are designed for two liters pot. We spread on the bottom of each first leaves of laurel and peppercorns, then tomatoes, sweet peppers, pickled meat, eggplants. Repeat layers one more time.
7. Mix wine with water, add a little salt, pour equally in both pots.
8. Cooking for half an hour at 200 degrees, then reduce the gas to 160 degrees and simmer another half hour.
9. Turn off the gas, but do not rush to remove the meat, let it stand for 15-20 minutes. So the Georgian-style meat will be softer, juicier and softer.
Recipe 3. Georgian meat with nuts
In Georgia, all sorts of nuts are very much loved, but walnuts are most often used for cooking various dishes. Nuts are pre-fried in a dry frying pan to a characteristic smell and a pleasant golden color. Ingredients:
• kilo of beef;
• half a pack of butter;
• salt, hop-suneli, greens;
• 150 grams of chopped roasted walnuts.
1. Cut the meat into any pieces, but not very large ones.
2. Put it in a saucepan, where we pre-melt the butter, fry over high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in water, close the lid, stew until beef is fully cooked.
4. Add salt, nuts and hops-suneli.
5. Simmer another 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat.
6. Before serving, sprinkle liberally with chopped greens.
Recipe 4. Spicy meat in Georgian “Chashushuli”
This dish is perfect for anyone who loves spicy food. If desired, when cooking you can add a little chili.
• a pound of beef;
• two tablespoons of spicy adjika;
• two bulbs;
• salt, ground pepper;
• two cloves of garlic;
• vegetable oil;
• coriander, hop-suneli, cilantro;
• sweet pepper (green and yellow);
• parsley and dill;
• two fleshy tomatoes.
1. Cut the meat into small pieces, onion into half rings.
2. Put the beef in a bowl, add, separating the half rings from each other, onions, adjika, a little salt. Thoroughly crush all hands. Marinated meat for half an hour.
3. While the beef is marinated in adjika, prepare the remaining ingredients: chop the garlic, remove the skin from the tomato, cut the flesh into cubes. Pepper is cleaned and cut into strips; we wash the greens, separate the leaves from the branches, and grind the leaves.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in the cauldron, lay out the meat along with the onions and marinade, fry the beef, stirring, until the liquid evaporates.
5. Add garlic, hops-suneli, cilantro and coriander, salt and ground pepper. Mix everything thoroughly, cover the cauldron with a lid, simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, simmer another 30 minutes.
7. Lastly, lay out the pepper and chopped greens, add salt if necessary. Stir, stir for another 8-10 minutes. 8. Before serving, insist 10-15 minutes.
Recipe 5. Georgian meat in pomegranate marinade
Sour pomegranate goes well with meat, giving it a fresh and unsurpassed flavor.
• 300 grams of pork;
• large ripe pomegranate;
• 50 grams of cognac;
• five clove buds;
• a mixture of peppers, salt;
• sunflower oil.
1. Pork rinse thoroughly and cut into three centimeters thick layers.
2. Fight each piece with a special hammer.
3. Put the meat in a saucepan for marinating, salt it, sprinkle with a mixture of peppers.
4. Cut the pomegranate into two parts, squeeze the juice into a small container, pour in brandy, mix. Pour the fragrant sauce into the meat, mix well, rubbing the marinade and spices into each piece.
5. Add the cloves, marinate for 50-60 minutes.
6. In a skillet, heat the sunflower oil, lay out the meat, after removing the pomegranate seeds.
7. Fry first on maximum heat to a light pleasant blush, then slightly reduce the gas, pour in the remaining marinade, simmer until ready (about 15 minutes).
8. Serving meat in Georgian, decorated with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe 6. Chicken meat in Georgian “Chakhokhbili”
Perhaps this dish is already known to many hostesses. Tomatoes, greens, sweet peppers give the chicken a special taste and smell. Having prepared this dish once, you will return to it again and again.
• kilogram of chicken;
• three large onions;
• two fleshy sweet peppers;
• chili peppers;
• six tomatoes;
• cilantro, basil;
• six cloves of garlic;
• 60-70 grams of butter;
• salt, hop-suneli.
1. Rinse the chicken, dry it, cut into portions. You can take a chicken leg instead of a whole chicken, then the cutting process will be simplified, you will also need to wash and chop them into two parts.
2. Put the chicken in a dry hot frying pan, fry until golden brown.
3. Cut the onion and sweet pepper into rings, put the vegetables in another frying pan on melted butter, sauté until soft. Shifts to the meat. 4. Rinse the tomatoes, remove them from the skin (to facilitate the process, we first dip them into boiling water), then cut into cubes. We spread the tomatoes to the chicken with vegetables.
5. Cover the saucepan with a lid, simmer on a quiet fire for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is softened.
6. Salt, season with spices, simmer another 30 minutes.
7. While the meat is prepared in Georgian, chop the greens and garlic, finely chop the chili.
8. After half an hour, add herbs and spicy ingredients to the meat.
9. Simmer another 6-8 minutes, then turn off the fire.
Georgian Meat - Tips and Tricks
• Meat can be cut into pieces of any size. But it is still better to cook meat in Georgian from medium-sized pieces. First, the meat will not digest, and secondly, cooked quickly.
• Do not regret the greenery, it is in it and the spices all the charm of Georgian meat. If you don't like cilantro, just replace it with parsley.
• Spices are best used not powder, but freshly ground to give the dish all taste and flavor.
• If the meat requires pre-roasting, do it over high heat, stirring the ingredients constantly, then you can turn down the power and continue cooking, according to the recipe.
• Do not take too fat meat, the taste of the finished dish will not be the same. Also, do not take very lean, small fatty layers will give the dish juiciness.
• You can add any kind of vegetables to Georgian meat: tomatoes, eggplants, sweet meaty peppers, potatoes, zucchini and others.