It seems that it can be easier cooking dumplings? However, in this light, at first glance, case, there may be some difficulties. Not knowing certain subtleties of this action, the result is not tasty ravioli, but porridge, which is impossible to eat. So what is the cause of the problem described?
Because of what dumplings fall apart during cooking
In fact, there are several factors that influence the result of cooking semi-finished products.
- The most basic reason is that you do not cook the dumplings according to the rules.
- Also, during the cooking process, purchased dumplings can fall apart due to poor quality.
If the second cause cannot be influenced in any way, then the first one can be handled without much difficulty. It should only understand it in more detail.
How to cook dumplings so that they do not fall apart
There are several ways to cook these semi-finished products - traditional, that is, in a saucepan, microwave and a slow cooker. Let us examine each of them separately.
Cooking dumplings in a pan
To dumplings turned out tasty and did not fall apart in the cooking process, follow these recommendations:
- Always use a large saucepan for cooking the dumplings.
- Do not regret water. The most optimal proportion is the one in which there are 4 liters of water per 1 kg of dumplings.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then add a tablespoon of olive or vegetable oil, 1/2 tablespoon of salt, laurel leaf and peppercorns, and only after that, start the dumplings one by one into the water.
- It is important during cooking to periodically stir the contents of the pot with a slotted spoon. This should be done so that the dumplings do not stick together and boil evenly.
- When the dumplings float up, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another few minutes. The exact time of cooking is impossible to say, since it depends on the size of the dumplings. Basically it varies from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Try to remove ready-made semi-finished products with a skimmer from the pan as quickly as possible so that the dough does not have time to swell.
Cooking dumplings in the microwave
The disadvantage of this method is that you will not be able to boil a large number of dumplings. It is recommended to boil no more than 10-15 blanks at a time. In addition, this method is only suitable for frozen dumplings. If you want to boil in this way homemade dumplings, first freeze them.
- Having picked up the dish suitable for the microwave, place the dumplings in it and pour boiling water over them so that the water rises about 2-3 centimeters above their level. If desired, add salt, bay leaf and pepper to the water.
- Cover dishes with semi-finished products and put them in a microwave, setting the maximum power for a quarter of an hour.
- Every few minutes, remove the dish and mix the dumplings so that they do not dazzle with each other and with the dishes and boil evenly.
- It takes about 10 minutes to cook the ravioli in the microwave. If during this time they did not have time to cook, you can boil them for a few more minutes.
Cooking dumplings in a slow cooker
This method of cooking ravioli has an advantage over the previous ones - when boiling semi-finished products in this way, you do not need to constantly stir the water so that they do not stick to the bottom of the dishes.
- Fill the multicooker with water so that when adding the pelmeni it does not fill above the permissible level. It is advisable to use 3 liters of water for 1 kilogram of dumplings. If the bowl capacity is small, it is better to boil the dumplings in portions.
- After filling with water, close the multicooker lid and select the “Soup” or “First dishes” mode.
- As soon as the water boils, put in 1/2 of a tablespoon of salt, two bay leaves and a couple of peas of allspice and run dumplings one by one. Mix everything and close the multicooker lid.
- After 3 minutes, stir the dish again. With this method, dumplings are cooked on average for about a third of an hour.
- When the audible alarm sounds, check that the dumplings are ready. Get the cooked dumplings out of the slow cooker right away, otherwise the dough will swell up and they will fall apart.
Guided by the listed knowledge, you can cook dumplings in different ways and always be sure that they will not fall apart.