Many have heard of such a dish - beshbarmak. Under different names, it is known in different countries, and it is difficult to find a resident of Central Asia who has no idea how to prepare it. Beshbarmak is considered a national dish by different nations, so there are many recipes for its preparation. However, the majority of our compatriots associate this dish with Kazakh cuisine, and therefore, wanting to make beshbarmak at home, they tend to cook it exactly as they do in Kazakhstan. In fact, beshbarmak in Kazakh is also prepared not in exactly the same way. So, mutton is often taken as a basis, but recipes with horse meat and beef are considered traditional. You can even find options for cooking beshbarmak from poultry meat, and this will not be a violation of tradition. However, whatever meat you have taken as a basis, when cooking beshbarmak in Kazakh, several important rules should be observed.
Beshbarmakom called dishes of boiled meat and noodles, cooked in a special way. They are distinguished by a special feed. Moreover, the method of preparation, and the method of serving, while maintaining the general principles of different nations, are different. Let us dwell on the peculiarities of cooking and serving beshbarmak in Kazakh.
- Beshbarmak in Kazakh, as already mentioned, is prepared from different types of meat. The only meat that cannot be found in the Kazakh cuisine is pork. Beshbarmak made from it cannot be considered identical to the Kazakh beshbarmak.
- In Kazakh fairy tales you can find episodes when a rich Kazakh eats a beshbarmak, and the poor at this time only swallows saliva. It so happened that beshbarmak is considered a symbol of satiety and wealth, and today it is often prepared on holidays. For this reason, you need to cook beshbarmak with a soul, using only the highest quality products and not replacing them with blanks from the store.
- Frozen meat is always inferior in its properties to fresh. For this reason, it is better for beshbarmak to choose a product that has not been frozen. If you still have to use frozen meat, remove it from the freezer in advance and let it thaw in the refrigerator. In this case, the meat structure will suffer minimal damage. To accelerate the process of immersing meat in water or heating it in a microwave is unacceptable.
- Do not forget that beshbarmak is considered not a everyday dish. It would be wrong to use old meat for it, which even after prolonged cooking will remain tough. Preference should be given to the meat of young lamb, veal. You can distinguish young meat by a small amount of meat fibers, bright color of meat, white or almost white fat.
- Nowadays, you can find pasta in the stores for cooking beshbarmak. This noodle has an unusual shape - in the form of rather large rectangles. However, if you want to make beshbarmak in Kazakh, identical to the original, it is better to prepare the noodle dough with your own hands, especially since there is nothing complicated about it. To do this, use ice water or chilled broth, eggs, flour, which are thoroughly mixed. The dough is rolled into 2 mm thick layers, cut into diamonds with a face length of 5 cm. Then the noodles are boiled in water or broth. Kazakhs often use broth for this purpose.
- The broth in which noodles are boiled becomes unclear, it is not suitable for serving. Therefore, for cooking noodles cast only part of it, so that the rest was transparent. It is served separately, mixed with fresh herbs and bottled.
- When cooking meat, remove the formed foam so that the broth is clear. In addition, at the final stage of preparation, the top layer is removed from the broth - the Kazakhs grease the finished noodles with this fat. Because of this, it does not stick together and it turns out very tasty. Onions, carrots, laurel leaves, allspice, sometimes cumin or coriander, rarely cloves, are added to the flavor broth.
- Onions for beshbarmak cooked in a special way. It is lightly fried in butter or fat tail, then pour a small amount of broth and stew for 10 minutes. Together with onions, if desired, you can put out the grated carrots - it will not be a violation of the tradition.
- Beshbarmak is served on a large dish. The bottom layer is laid on it noodles, put on it the meat, cut or torn by hands on fairly large pieces, complete the composition with onions and greens.
Kazakhs eat beshbarmak with their hands. The name of this dish is translated as “five fingers” precisely because of this.
The recipe of beshbarmak in Kazakh
- meat on the bone - 1, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- bay leaf - 5 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 7 pcs .;
- carnation - 3 pcs .;
- garlic (optional) - 2 cloves;
- fresh greens (dill, cilantro, parsley) - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- salt, ground black pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash meat, fill with water. Bring to a boil, remove the foam. Add spices. In addition to them, you can put whole carrots and onions, after clearing them.
- Cook the meat for 2-3 hours until it is completely soft. Half an hour before the readiness, remove the fat from the broth and put it in a bowl. Pour a glass of broth and put it in a cool place.
- Sift flour. Beat the cooled broth approximately with the eggs, adding a small amount of salt. Use about 2/3 cup for the dough, leaving the rest for the onions. Pour the mixture of eggs and broth into the flour, add a spoonful of butter and knead the dough. Give the dough a "rest" for half an hour in a cool place, wrapping it in cling film. Divide it into 4 parts, roll out thin layers and cut into large rhombuses, and rhombus with noodles. Lightly sprinkle with flour and let lightly light out for half an hour.
- Peel the onions, cut them into rings or halves of the rings.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, fry the onion in it until golden brown, pour a little broth into the pan and stew the onion for 10 minutes.
- Crush the garlic and mix with the fat removed from the broth.
- Chop greens with a knife.
- Take the meat out of the broth. Separating it from the bone, cut into pieces of about 3 cm. If you wish, you can pick meat with your hands - this is even more in line with the tradition.
- Strain the broth, pour half of it and bring to a boil. One by one plate dipped in boiling water noodles, boil for 4-5 minutes. Remove and spread on a platter.
- Lubricate the noodles with grease mixed with garlic.
- Put meat on the noodles, on it - onions.
- Add the greens to the part of the broth that was not used for cooking noodles. Pour it into the cup.
Serve beshbarmak on a large dish, placing it in the center of the table. Before each guest or family member put a bowl with broth. Spoons and forks do not have to be served - beshbarmak is eaten with hands, washing down with broth.
Beshbarmak in Kazakh is a nourishing and tasty dish with unique organoleptic qualities. At the same time, even an inexperienced cook can cook it.