Cabbage rolls are a mixture of minced meat, vegetables and cereals, wrapped in cabbage leaves and stewed in sauce. They have everything you need for a full dinner and lunch, so serve them as a separate dish, adding sour cream or sauce. However, to increase the satiety of the dish, many housewives serve stuffed cabbage rolls with a side dish. Some believe that with such additions, the main snack wins on the palate. Garnish for stuffed cabbage can be of several types, but there are certain rules.
- For cooking cabbage, rice is most often used, less often buckwheat, semolina or other cereals. Choosing a side dish for them, you need to consider what kind of cereal is used to prepare the main dish, so as not to repeat.
- Stuffing for cabbage rolls wrapped in cabbage leaves. If cabbage rolls are lazy, cabbage is added to the minced meat itself in a ground form. It is one of the main components of the dish. Serving it for a side dish would be a bad idea. Cabbage in any form (fresh, pickled, stewed) as a side dish is not suitable for cabbage rolls.
- The most desirable side dish for cabbage rolls is potatoes: boiled, baked or in the form of mashed potatoes. If you supplement it with mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, eggs, it will be even better.
- Most gourmets agree that salads made from fresh vegetables are an excellent addition to cabbage rolls. You can make a vegetable cutting of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, radishes, watering it with oil or dressing based on it. Others like the way cabbage rolls are combined with a spicy snack of fresh carrots marinated in Korean.
- Instead of a side dish, you can serve croutons. Even those who basically stuffed cabbage rolls without a side dish do not object to such additions.
- If there is no rice in the composition of the cabbage, then it will be an excellent side dish for this dish, especially if it is cooked in the form of risotto.
- It is considered acceptable to serve pasta as a side dish.
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- butter - 100 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. For mashed potatoes, it is not recommended to use new potatoes - there is little starch in it, because of this, the food is not too lush. Rotten and green vegetables do not need to use even more.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks, put them in a saucepan, cover with water. To garnish turned out more fragrant, you can add a leaf of laurel, a couple of garlic cloves.
- Put the pan on medium heat, bring its contents to a boil.
- Reduce the intensity of the flame, add salt. Boil for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are completely soft.
- Flip the potatoes into a colander to drain the water. Remove laurel and garlic if you added them.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add butter to the milk, heat them up without boiling.
- Pour milk with butter to potatoes. Mash it tolkushkoy or special nozzle mixer.
Such mashed potatoes turn out lush and tender and will be an excellent addition to the stuffed cabbage rolls and many other hot snacks. When serving it does not hurt sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- potatoes (preferably young) - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 60 ml;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- seasoning for vegetables, salt - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into medium-sized bars, put them in a bowl.
- In a separate cup, combine the sour cream, salt, spices and garlic passed through the press. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to the potatoes, stir it so that all the pieces are covered with the sauce.
- Lubricate the form with vegetable oil, transfer the potatoes into it.
- Chop grated cheese and sprinkle potatoes on them.
- Cover the form with foil and send to an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- After half an hour, remove the foil and continue baking the dish for another 10 minutes.
If the garnish is prepared from middle-aged potatoes, it is advisable to increase its cooking time by 10-20 minutes.
Potato casserole to stuffed cabbage
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt, seasonings for potatoes - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- milk - 120 ml.
- Potatoes, peeled, cut into round slices with a thickness of about 0, 5 cm. Fold in a bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with seasoning and salt. Add the chopped garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Stir to seasoning and oil to cover all the pieces.
- Grease the form with the remaining oil and place the potatoes in it.
- In a separate container, combine the eggs and milk, beat them with a fork or mixer until a homogeneous composition is obtained.
- Salt the milk-egg mixture. Stir again. Fill it with potatoes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, put in it a form with potatoes. Bake it at this temperature for 50-60 minutes. To prevent the potatoes from burning, the form can be covered with foil.
- 15-20 minutes before the dishes are ready, remove the foil, sprinkle the grated potatoes with cheese.
Potato casserole is considered to be a good addition to lazy cabbage rolls, but it can also be served with ordinary ones.
Garnish for cabbage rolls
- macaroni - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 2-2, 5 l;
- salt - to taste;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml.
- Scrape, wash carrots, chop them on a grater with small or medium holes.
- Free the onions from the husk, cut into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, boil water, then add salt.
- Pour pasta into boiling water. Stir so that they do not stick to the bottom. Boil for 5-10 minutes, focusing on the manufacturer's recommendations on the package.
- Throw the pasta in a colander.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil, fry the chopped vegetables until the onion is golden.
- Transfer the pasta to the vegetables, season the food to taste, mix.
- Leave the dish to simmer on low heat under the lid for 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
For the garnish, it is recommended to use pasta made from durum wheat, as they better retain their shape. Before serving, pasta can be sprinkled with grated cheese or sprinkled with the same sauce as the cabbage rolls with which the pasta is served. Sauce for stuffed cabbage, if pasta serves as a side dish, it is advisable to cook on the basis of tomato paste.
Fresh vegetable salad for garnish
- cucumbers - 0, 3 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 3 kg;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 5 ml;
- salt, spices, fresh herbs - to taste.
- Wash vegetables, let them dry. Wash and shake off the greens from the water, put it on a towel so that it absorbs excess moisture.
- For tomatoes, cut seals around the stem. Cut the vegetables into semicircular slices, place in a bowl.
- Cut the tails of cucumbers. Cut the fruit in half lengthwise, cut them into semicircles. Put to the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers together with the stalks. Cut the pepper into halves or quarter rings. Send to other vegetables.
- Finely chop the greens with a knife, pour it into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing separately by mixing butter, sugar, vinegar and mustard, adding spices.
- Pour the dressing to the crushed products, mix.
You need to season the salad when the cabbage rolls are ready. If you do it earlier, the vegetables will start sipping the juice and the salad will become too watery to use as a side dish.
Cabbage rolls are an independent dish, they do not need any addition, except sauce. However, many prefer to serve them with a side dish. For this fit potatoes, pasta, fresh vegetable salad. These dishes will not spoil the taste of stuffed cabbage, but successfully tinted and emphasized, making it richer. The choice of recipe depends on the culinary preferences of the culinary specialist and the time he has.